The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2017, 11:39 PM   #1
jb83
"TRF" Member

Signature watch

Right now, my one and only Rolex, and the only thing I've worn since I got it, is a 16570 polar. I still have plenty of money in the watch budget and am cruising classifieds, lusting over the next Rolex. However, every time I'm about to pull the trigger, I look down at the absolutely perfectly proportioned rugged tool watch that is the 16570, and I'm satisfied. I think this will truly be my "signature" watch and constant companion. It'll be the watch my kids will ask about and one day own and cherish as "Dad's watch", not "one of thirty fancy watches Dad kept in a box".

So do any of you have your signature watch? Like McQueen and Newman, it just feels cooler and classier to have that one model of Rolex that you're known for..
jb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 12:09 AM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I guess mine is the YG Blue Subc. People I know who aren't into watches recognise it when it's on my wrist.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 12:24 AM   #3
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I think it's hard to top your first. The memory of the excitement and anticipation will always intertwine with love and admiration for the actual watch. While this LVC Was not my first rolex, it was the first I ever bought for myself and it's my lifelong keeper and daily user.

This 1655 Explorer II is 100% my dad's signature watch. I remember even as a small
Kid my dad wearing this everyday, never taking it off no matter what the task. He built several houses wearing this watch, including the house he and my mom live in today.

While I never got to meet him, this SS turnograph with beautiful rhodium dial was my Grandfather's daily user and signature watch. My dad often tells me memories of his dad wearing this thunderbird, the same way I remember my dad wearing his EX2.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 12:25 AM   #4
JnmEaton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18038 Presidential
There is no memory I have of my father without his 18038/18238.... That is what made it special to get the matching watch.
JnmEaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 12:27 AM   #5
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
I have a few pieces, but my 16610 is #1 and can be found on my wrist 95% of the time
Old 17 June 2017, 12:36 AM   #6
jb83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I think it's hard to top your first. The memory of the excitement and anticipation will always intertwine with love and admiration for the actual watch. While this LVC Was not my first rolex, it was the first I ever bought for myself and it's my lifelong keeper and daily user.

This 1655 Explorer II is 100% my dad's signature watch. I remember even as a small
Kid my dad wearing this everyday, never taking it off no matter what the task. He built several houses wearing this watch, including the house he and my mom live in today.

While I never got to meet him, this SS turnograph with beautiful rhodium dial was my Grandfather's daily user and signature watch. My dad often tells me memories of his dad wearing this thunderbird, the same way I remember my dad wearing his EX2.
Some day I'll have a 1655. I always thought it was the sexiest sport Rolex ever made. Better start saving my pennies....
jb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 02:47 AM   #7
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
My signature watch would have to be my Explorer 214270, more often than not this is the watch on my wrist.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote