The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 August 2017, 12:58 AM   #1
Desi_boy71
"TRF" Member

New Rolex waiting.. Help

Hello to all on the forum,

As will be clear from my post I'm an absolute newbie here...

I've been looking into a new watch purchase for some time, a Rolex Submariner Black, Steel, Date.

I would really appreciate some help with my first purchase.

I went to purchase the watch in Goldsmiths yesterday, they stated an approximate wait of 1 year and the price was £6250 for the latest model that I wanted.

I was expecting perhaps a few months, but is that waiting list normal for this model?

I have called London boutiques and main dealers from Kent to as far afield as Devon, midlands, and Scotland.

Any help at all in sourcing a new one will be most appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

I live in Kent and would rather buy from a Jewellers that is more focused and knowledgeable about Rolex than buy from a chain. Any recommendations in the Kent, Essex London region?

Thanks in advance...
Desi_boy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 04:12 PM   #2
ADB85
"TRF" Member

Hi mate, you've probably seen the threads about the scarcity of stainless steel sports watches in the UK. I'd avoid London and bigger towns with Rolex ADs in. I can put you in touch with the AD I use and they're not too far away from you. They are a smaller store and have always been accommodating for me. I'll PM you their name and address.

Alternatively you can try a grey dealer, but I'm not sure what their pricing would be at the moment so may end up paying a premium. Good luck....
ADB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 04:43 PM   #3
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Welcome,

The problem about phoning around is that dealers are getting regular phone calls, and as many of the Scottish ADs tell me, it's often non local accents.

I know for a fact most ADs up here want to sell to local only, so in their words, they hear a London accent (or non local) and say no. They say on models like DaytonaC and New Sea-Dweller/BLNR they're getting multiple calls a day.

Here's my advice (worked for me many times). Spend a bit of time, work out how many ADs are within travelling distance and go around them personally, be friendly and engaging and say you'd like to buy a sub today if they have one. If they genuinely have one not assigned to anyone and you're there in person (sounding local) they'll sell you it. If they don't have one, strike up some chat and build a relationship. Offer them a deposit (which they'll likely turn down but shows you're keen). Do this with all local ADs and I can assure you, you'll have a watch in a fraction of the quoted time. You need to put the time and effort in as supply does not match demand.

Simply ringing around far and wide will likely generate very little.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 05:56 PM   #4
Desi_boy71
"TRF" Member

Thank Nairn...

So true.... I'll give it a try... I'll keep you posted....

Cheers
Old 5 August 2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Desi_boy71
"TRF" Member

Thanks ADB85.... I'll call them today... I'll let you know the results. Cheers