The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 May 2017, 12:50 PM   #1
jem7v
Banned

AP Closing ADs?

I heard from an AD (not mine), one in my local mall, that AP is closing their all ADs? This sounded like BS to me. I think they are just butthurt AP pulled their watches out of their store.

Can anyone confirm? They say AP took out 100 dealers.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Not true, My AD is staying for a longtime. Yes they are closing more and more but keep their prized AD's.

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 01:16 PM   #3
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude1 View Post
Not true, My AD is staying for a longtime. Yes they are closing more and more but keep their prized AD's.
Yea I thought as much. I figured they were just vindictive about getting their APs taken from them.
Old 20 May 2017, 01:41 PM   #4
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
It's BS. AP isn't pulling all AD's just some of them. If they pulled all then they're going to need a lot more boutiques throughout the country.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 02:18 PM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
You talking about lenkersdorfer? Didn't we already discuss this here?

100 dealers lol that would be more than they have in North America if not most of worldwide.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 11:02 PM   #6
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You talking about lenkersdorfer? Didn't we already discuss this here?

100 dealers lol that would be more than they have in North America if not most of worldwide.
Good guess . I was trying to be nice by not mentioning the name. But it was the other one in tysons 2. I was asking them what happened that they lost their APs. Since most people were just speculating.

Their response was, "AP is suffering", "AP is going out of business probably", "AP had a lot of warranty issues", and lastly "AP is closing all ADs and going only boutique".

When he said the 100 stores closing thing. I just thought, do they even have 100 ADs?
Old 20 May 2017, 11:08 PM   #7
APAP
"TRF" Member

Maybe because of the insane discounts some AD's are giving you OP
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 11:24 PM   #8
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APAP View Post
Maybe because of the insane discounts some AD's are giving you OP
hahahaha.
Old 20 May 2017, 11:26 PM   #9
wjluxury
"TRF" Member

Now only if their service center could get it together!
wjluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 11:27 PM   #10
APAP
"TRF" Member

Alleged discounts*
Old 21 May 2017, 12:20 AM   #11
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Sounds like sour grapes. From everything I hear and read, AP is doing very well.
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 12:33 AM   #12
texex91
"TRF" Member

Another informative thread.

Not.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 01:31 AM   #13
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

AP's CEO did say in interviews not too long ago that AP is consolidating , or something to that effect, so what OP is saying does gel. Lots of interviews with the CEO on Youtube, very talkative guy he is.
Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 05:28 PM   #14
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
I heard from an AD (not mine), one in my local mall, that AP is closing their all ADs? This sounded like BS to me. I think they are just butthurt AP pulled their watches out of their store.

Can anyone confirm? They say AP took out 100 dealers.

AP have closed some ADs in the UK for sure, not selling enough watches is one reason but AP also frown on discounting so your AD might be next as you claim that it gives the best discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 05:32 PM   #15
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
They could just as well close the AP AD in Helsinki, as their AP inventory is the same year after year.
Old 21 May 2017, 11:18 PM   #16
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
AP have closed some ADs in the UK for sure, not selling enough watches is one reason but AP also frown on discounting so your AD might be next as you claim that it gives the best discounts.

Hmmm....several dealers have told me it's not that they give discounts that AP cares. AP gives them for each watch essentially a lowest number they could sell. It's up to the dealer at that point how low they are willing to go to close the deal. It's when dealers wholesale to grey's that AP has an issue.

This is what I have been told.

But anyways as I suspected though, this dealer is just sour about losing their watches. And they never gave more than 15% off any watch. That's why their watches sat for years.
Old 22 May 2017, 03:09 AM   #17
dr.fiddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-D, Sky-D
They closed their only AD in Norway last year...
Old 22 May 2017, 03:24 AM   #18
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Seems like it's a general trend, less AD's more boutique, but the 100? Don't believe that one second
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 07:56 AM   #19
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Patek has pulled several US retailer contracts within the past few months. I was on a few waiting lists for a 5711 Nautilus and the out of state AD called me said, they pulled his AD status early May, because they didn't make their sales quota of X amount of pieces sold a year. At first I thought he was BSing, but I checked the Patek website, the AD is no longer listed as authorized dealer.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 09:49 AM   #20
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Our local Westime sells APs, and they are an AD.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 01:11 PM   #21
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post

AP has special unit that tracks down discounts that AD's offer through various channels. They partner up with multiple intelligence agencies throughout the world fishing for data. They actually have deployed bots all over the internet to crawl for specific keywords including but not limited to:

Quote:

"I can get the 15407 for 25% off from my AD"
Quote:

Look for smaller AD's

Quote:

My AD was going to give me great that watch (15407) for a fantastic price

What the bot tries to do is now correlate the above posts by gathering so much information about the posters who claim to have been offered huge discounts that instead AP should've made the that wasted profits. If the bot fails, AP usually hires people in disguise to talk to those posters trying to identify who that AD is. They might also hire multiple ones for deception. They go as far as creating social media accounts for them and create them a life. They might even try to meet customers offered huge discounts in person and build a relationship with them hoping they'd get those ADs names. In certain circumstances, those undercover people are allowed to establish long term relationships with those posters, might even marry one, for the sake of identifying those AD's.

If all of the above fails, and is apparently the case with you jem7v: they have pushed the panic button. And they decided to shut down the AD's one by one, worldwide, sometimes even having special forces raid said AD's to inspect the inventory and cross check it with the models jem7v claimed that he got crazy discounts on, and then they decide to shut it down or not. They have one clear instruction from the head of the special forces (a member of the audemars family): don't stop until you shutdown that MF of an AD that offers that RTF member those discounts.

Now imagine what would happen if jem7v actually buys the watches at said discounts..
Old 22 May 2017, 01:28 PM   #22
APAP
"TRF" Member

My AD assured me that this story is 25% true.
Old 22 May 2017, 01:33 PM   #23
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
AP has special unit that tracks down discounts that AD's offer through various channels. They partner up with multiple intelligence agencies throughout the world fishing for data. They actually have deployed bots all over the internet to crawl for specific keywords including but not limited to:

What the bot tries to do is now correlate the above posts by gathering so much information about the posters who claim to have been offered huge discounts that instead AP should've made the that wasted profits. If the bot fails, AP usually hires people in disguise to talk to those posters trying to identify who that AD is. They might also hire multiple ones for deception. They go as far as creating social media accounts for them and create them a life. They might even try to meet customers offered huge discounts in person and build a relationship with them hoping they'd get those ADs names. In certain circumstances, those undercover people are allowed to establish long term relationships with those posters, might even marry one, for the sake of identifying those AD's.

If all of the above fails, and is apparently the case with you jem7v: they have pushed the panic button. And they decided to shut down the AD's one by one, worldwide, sometimes even having special forces raid said AD's to inspect the inventory and cross check it with the models jem7v claimed that he got crazy discounts on, and then they decide to shut it down or not. They have one clear instruction from the head of the special forces (a member of the audemars family): don't stop until you shutdown that MF of an AD that offers that RTF member those discounts.

Now imagine what would happen if jem7v actually buys the watches at said discounts..
Quote:
My AD assured me that this story is 25% true.

Old 22 May 2017, 03:10 PM   #24
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:

Tl;dr
Old 22 May 2017, 07:27 PM   #25
dsk28
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS
Quote:

Omg I actually read the whole thing and thought that this is true...until u got to the "might even marry one" part
dsk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 09:53 PM   #26
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
I think like anything else it's a business. If the A.D. isn't selling they probably are pulling the line. As far as selling to grey dealers I think it's known but let's face it it's moving product which moves old stock and keeps people working. It's one big cycle.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 10:05 PM   #27
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
I think like anything else it's a business. If the A.D. isn't selling they probably are pulling the line. As far as selling to grey dealers I think it's known but let's face it it's moving product which moves old stock and keeps people working. It's one big cycle.
Grays are part of the ecosystem, can't penalize ADs for going to them

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sw...-idUSKBN17E2E8
Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 10:32 PM   #28
Minimalist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk28 View Post
Omg I actually read the whole thing and thought that this is true...until u got to the "might even marry one" part
+1
Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 10:44 PM   #29
Halothane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
Hmmm....several dealers have told me it's not that they give discounts that AP cares. AP gives them for each watch essentially a lowest number they could sell. It's up to the dealer at that point how low they are willing to go to close the deal. It's when dealers wholesale to grey's that AP has an issue.

This is what I have been told.

But anyways as I suspected though, this dealer is just sour about losing their watches. And they never gave more than 15% off any watch. That's why their watches sat for years.
PM me which ones give the biggest discounts. I might be in the market for a 15400. Or maybe which ones are going out of business so they can fire sale.
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 03:47 PM   #30
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote