The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2017, 04:20 PM   #91
SearChart
TechXpert

It looks good on you
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 04:23 PM   #92
dave023
"TRF" Member

Watch: Classics
It's a divers watch, women dive too...and it looks really great on you.

Good luck.
dave023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 04:41 PM   #93
skkali168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116689
Looks perfect to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
skkali168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 05:15 PM   #94
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG56 View Post
You're on spot with the tripod. Noticed that after the first photo. The lens is amazing. I intended on keeping the 5300, so maybe i'll just leave that one on tripod for the macros. :) I also didn't realize how difficult it is to take good macro photos. Yes, even bought a remote shutter. Amazing that despite the tripod, pressing on the shutter will move the camera just enough. Amazing.

I've never even tried an FX, but a few of my photography friends (Also enablers) tell me that i will love it and it's justified and that i deserve it. LOL, see the pattern there?
Sure, and more power to you for it. But like I said, what you'll really enjoy is the feel of the camera in your hand rather than the sensor that's in it. Don't forget that pretty good livings were made with 1.3 crop cameras not to long ago. As a matter of fact, the camera I use most in the field still is an old Mk IV, even though we'd have plenty enough full frame gear available. In the end, it just doesn't really matter what the crop is, at least not as much as what's on your wrist ;)

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 07:10 PM   #95
harshad4005
"TRF" Member

Looks good IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
harshad4005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 08:05 PM   #96
broken_link
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
This forum is a bad, bad place

I'd try a day-date or Daytona in yellow gold. Depends on your skin tone which may be distorted on the screen. Is a different price range, I know. Or maybe yet SS but Panerai or smth Tank-like?
broken_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 08:19 PM   #97
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Have you seen one on my wrist?
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 08:26 PM   #98
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Both watches look awesome! I slightly prefer the SD, but you can't go wrong with the sub either

No need to hold back on FX with great lenses like you've picked up. With the d850 on the way, the Nikon d750 is now basically being given away...and it's an awesome camera
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 08:33 PM   #99
3ems
"TRF" Member

Watch: DavidzergeAJ
Merry Christmas
3ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 08:40 PM   #100
Huliganchik
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 116503
ive been in love with Rolex for a very long time. Since this this is conregiuos, my wife caught the bug. i am in live with my wife too so I got her dj 36 and it looks amazing of course. she then started looking at my gmt, which is a problem for me what I'm trying to say is that I don't know if you're gonna regret getting sub vs sd (my choice would be sd btw) One thing I know for sure is that you are definitely going to regret not getting any. I get the decision with fx though, but that's not gonna go anywhere. In fact there can only be better model for the same price, while the watch will only go up. Perhaps a compromise with d7500. Whatever choice you make will be the right decision, as long as it includes that majestic masterpiece on your wrist.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Huliganchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 09:39 PM   #101
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Normally, I don't like large men's sized watches on women but I have seen a few exceptions who can carry it off and you appear to be one. I think it looks best with casual clothes and not formal/dressy ones. Hope that makes sense. LOL
Oscarpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 09:44 PM   #102
7shaun7
"TRF" Member

Watch: dssd daytonaC AK2
I bought my wife a Sub c non date while on holiday in LA last month to dis-courage her wearing my Daytona c (black) she loves the sub but guess what? She has put my Daytona on this morning and gone on the lash for friends birthday. Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7shaun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 10:20 PM   #103
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Watch looks great. Perfect choice. With regards to size. My wife wears Pam 000 regularly and does not really think it is oversized.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 10:56 PM   #104
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanken View Post
This PROOVES "fashion" is a bunch of nonsense. Every man loves to see their women in "guy" clothes, watches, AND a gun at their waist. Why? A good man loves a strong womam. We all like to see woman all decked out and lady-like. But that doesn't mean we dont like other looks.

You rock that watch.

No reason a nice Cellini wouldn't lay nicely there also.
There is quite a list of watches i like and i'd like to own. And people here post a lot of pictures, hahaha! There was a gorgeous looking women's AP i saw here the other day. I wouldn't mind at all... I still really like that Breitling Galactic 36 A. I keep looking back at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude1 View Post
Looks great
Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mementomori1983 View Post
Too funny! I always wondered if there was a higher purpose to my random musings here. The title of Master Enabler of TRF has to be my crowning achievement (forgive the pun)!

The gf gives me the side-eye when she catches me snapping candid pics of her. Then I tell her the pics are going to a male-dominated watch forum, at which point I get the full-on glare! Lol. I'm dying to see how she reacts when she finds out that her likeness has inspired the watch tastes of an actual TRF female. Will inform her later and post results!
I can't wait to hear it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrazor251 View Post
Looks fantastic on you. If I was your husband I'd divorce you if you didn't get it.
Hahahaha! That's funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
Looks great!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
Women have an unfair advantage when they buy a surprise watch - just walk in in new lingerie and the Sea Dweller and tell him you bought something for you and something for him. It's a win win!
OMG that's funny!!!! hahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXAPPP View Post
nice watch congrats!
Thank you, didn't pull the trigger yet :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
It looks good on you
Thank you!
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 11:21 PM   #105
SG56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave023 View Post
It's a divers watch, women dive too...and it looks really great on you.

Good luck.
And i'm a certified AOWD :) Totally, justified purchase, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skkali168 View Post
Looks perfect to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Sure, and more power to you for it. But like I said, what you'll really enjoy is the feel of the camera in your hand rather than the sensor that's in it. Don't forget that pretty good livings were made with 1.3 crop cameras not to long ago. As a matter of fact, the camera I use most in the field still is an old Mk IV, even though we'd have plenty enough full frame gear available. In the end, it just doesn't really matter what the crop is, at least not as much as what's on your wrist ;)
I see your point with the camera and the watch.
Again, usually i'm reasonable and i don't blindly buy things, although sometimes i wish i were. I usually try to justify the purchase. So, when i bought the first DSLR, I figured it would replace a point and shoot for an occasional nice photo. I think I put more interest in it than an average joe owning a DSLR, and while I already said i'd like an FX for Christmas, I also said ONLY if i put time into learning MORE about photography before then. So, we'll see. I'll weigh my options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad4005 View Post
Looks good IMHO.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_link View Post
I'd try a day-date or Daytona in yellow gold. Depends on your skin tone which may be distorted on the screen. Is a different price range, I know. Or maybe yet SS but Panerai or smth Tank-like?
I don't think YG or TT is something that suits me, and honestly, well outside of my range.
There are quite a few watches i'd like to own, but it's just not going to happen. Someone posted the other day a gorgeous women's AP and a Panerai. But one can't have everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
Both watches look awesome! I slightly prefer the SD, but you can't go wrong with the sub either

No need to hold back on FX with great lenses like you've picked up. With the d850 on the way, the Nikon d750 is now basically being given away...and it's an awesome camera
I hear you!! IF i spend more time in photography, I'd want the 850, just so i don't have to upgrade again. And i know there will be many D810 available in the near future. Either that or D750 will probably suffice. we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ems View Post
Merry Christmas
Hahaha, right? Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huliganchik View Post
ive been in love with Rolex for a very long time. Since this this is conregiuos, my wife caught the bug. i am in live with my wife too so I got her dj 36 and it looks amazing of course. she then started looking at my gmt, which is a problem for me what I'm trying to say is that I don't know if you're gonna regret getting sub vs sd (my choice would be sd btw) One thing I know for sure is that you are definitely going to regret not getting any. I get the decision with fx though, but that's not gonna go anywhere. In fact there can only be better model for the same price, while the watch will only go up. Perhaps a compromise with d7500. Whatever choice you make will be the right decision, as long as it includes that majestic masterpiece on your wrist.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Well said!!! If i can't push it out of my mind, I might have to compromise. maybe used SD and a used FX. I will figure something out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarpapa View Post
Normally, I don't like large men's sized watches on women but I have seen a few exceptions who can carry it off and you appear to be one. I think it looks best with casual clothes and not formal/dressy ones. Hope that makes sense. LOL
Thank you! I'm the same way and i'm still not sure if it doesn't look off, because i've looked at the 37mm on my wrist the past few weeks. Maybe if i tried the sub on first, it would have scared me away for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7shaun7 View Post
I bought my wife a Sub c non date while on holiday in LA last month to dis-courage her wearing my Daytona c (black) she loves the sub but guess what? She has put my Daytona on this morning and gone on the lash for friends birthday. Doh!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajas View Post
Watch looks great. Perfect choice. With regards to size. My wife wears Pam 000 regularly and does not really think it is oversized.

Beautiful watch! Thank you!
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3

Old 22 September 2017, 12:00 AM   #106
myc ritz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Speedy, Rolex
SeaDweller looks perfect! Do it.
myc ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2017, 03:52 PM   #107
Monkeybirdsupply
"TRF" Member

It looks great !!!

Monkeybirdsupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2017, 04:56 PM   #108
broken_link
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajas View Post

There may be a watch-size/palm-size ratio from which a larger watch start to understrike the femininity again. So both small and very big ones make the hand/wrist look feminine. A Panerai is certainly in that range.
broken_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2017, 10:09 PM   #109
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Looks great on you!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 01:38 AM   #110
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Regarding the bike photo and knee drag; I came really close to taking the Super Bike class in California but had to pull because of the Flu. Since then I sold my ZX-10 and only ride my Road Glide which this summer didn't get any riding time unfortunately. Maybe I'll get lucky to get some fall riding in.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 02:33 AM   #111
SG56

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc ritz View Post
SeaDweller looks perfect! Do it.
Thank you!!! I can't stop thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybirdsupply View Post
It looks great !!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_link View Post
There may be a watch-size/palm-size ratio from which a larger watch start to understrike the femininity again. So both small and very big ones make the hand/wrist look feminine. A Panerai is certainly in that range.
I do have big hands LOL
it's hard to tell. they are i suppose proportional to my size, but i always thoughts my wrists were pretty small. I think 6.25 range, and when i read here and see how many men have 6.5" wrists, i guess my wrists are not THAT small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Looks great on you!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Regarding the bike photo and knee drag; I came really close to taking the Super Bike class in California but had to pull because of the Flu. Since then I sold my ZX-10 and only ride my Road Glide which this summer didn't get any riding time unfortunately. Maybe I'll get lucky to get some fall riding in.
I mentioned it in another thread.

I can hook you up with a free first trackday, midwest - down to upper southeast :)

i've never done Code's school, but i've taking jason pridmore's, jason disalvo's, dave moss' and i'm sure some other schools.

i've instructed with a very reputable trackday organization for many years. Track riding is so much fun, and i will argue, a lot safer than the streets.

i still have a street bike in the garage. it's an 08 600rr with 11k miles, most of which happened in the first two years. I think i averaged 50-100 miles a year since then.
2017 - 10 miles last week. my car was unavailable.
2016 - 50 miles. we moved 50 miles and i transported it.

Maybe with the retirement from the track, i'll ride a little more. maybe. :)

So, let me know when you have a bike you can take on the track, and i'll hook you up.

THE FIRST HIT IS FREE
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3

Old 23 September 2017, 03:35 AM   #112
teb1013
"TRF" Member

I love reading watch posts by women. Rolex in general and larger ones in particular are, in my mind, a fantastic look on a woman’s wrist. Sadly my wife simply isn’t interested in watches at all. She wears an Apple Watch and has simply refused my suggestions she consider a Rolex. It’s just about the only thing i don’t like about her style, so I guess after 38 years of marriage I’ll have to accept it. Anyway, I will join in the chorus to ad another vote to your consideration of the Sea Dweller. It looks fantastic. Please post wrist shots when you make your purchase. Thanks too for the inspiring post and pictures by ChickoftheSea!

teb1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 03:47 AM   #113
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Well done .
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 05:27 AM   #114
SG56

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post
I love reading watch posts by women. Rolex in general and larger ones in particular are, in my mind, a fantastic look on a woman’s wrist. Sadly my wife simply isn’t interested in watches at all. She wears an Apple Watch and has simply refused my suggestions she consider a Rolex. It’s just about the only thing i don’t like about her style, so I guess after 38 years of marriage I’ll have to accept it. Anyway, I will join in the chorus to ad another vote to your consideration of the Sea Dweller. It looks fantastic. Please post wrist shots when you make your purchase. Thanks too for the inspiring post and pictures by ChickoftheSea!

well, just imagine if everyone liked them!!!! :)
My husband is kind of the same. I bought him a new tag a few years ago, as his old one had taken abuse over the previous years he's owned it.

When i brought up a watch for him the other day, he said 'no thanks. this tag is all i need. i love it.'

I tried it last night too. he said 'no, you can wear whatever you want. i love my tag'

So, that's kind of like, 'go ahead, but it' RIGHT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
Well done .

Sigh.

I made it almost two days without going to the dealer. I gave in today and tried some on again.

And i've browsed the whole WWW trying to narrow it down.

If i go with this, i don't think i can wait till Christmas.
I'm a horribly impatient person
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3

Old 23 September 2017, 06:32 AM   #115
nfranco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I tried it last night too. he said 'no, you can wear whatever you want. i love my tag'

So, that's kind of like, 'go ahead, but it' RIGHT? :
Yes

Quote:
Avoid the holiday rush!
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 06:51 AM   #116
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfranco View Post
Avoid the holiday rush!
Quite right.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 06:57 AM   #117
SG56

I thought about that as well! Great point!
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3

Old 23 September 2017, 07:35 AM   #118
SG56

Ok ok ok, James Cameron himself thinks that I should own this watch!
Sat down to read the Rolex magazine, Submariner edition, and came across this wise man's words. Lol
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3

Old 23 September 2017, 07:46 AM   #119
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfranco View Post
Yes

Avoid the holiday rush!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Quite right.
Quote:
I thought about that as well! Great point!
Nothing wrong with buying now and wearing at Christmas... Buy, buy, buy!!!! FWIW, I bit on a 116600; it should be hear tomorrow!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 08:26 AM   #120
Fmnunes2803
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
well, just imagine if everyone liked them!!!! :)

My husband is kind of the same. I bought him a new tag a few years ago, as his old one had taken abuse over the previous years he's owned it.

When i brought up a watch for him the other day, he said 'no thanks. this tag is all i need. i love it.'

So, that's kind of like, 'go ahead, but it' RIGHT?

Sigh.

I made it almost two days without going to the dealer. I gave in today and tried some on again.

And i've browsed the whole WWW trying to narrow it down.

Ahaha...

Fmnunes2803 is offline   Reply With Quote