The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 September 2017, 05:23 AM   #1
JoeG74536
"TRF" Member

Datejust getting more wrist time lately

For almost all of the past year I've worn my Subc exclusively. I'd actually given thought to moving my 1601. After getting accustomed to the 40mm Sub the 36mm DJ just felt tiny on my wrist, even more so when you take into account I'm a pretty big boy myself. On a whim about a month or so ago one night before going out to dinner I grabbed my two tone vintage DJ to wear and its been my go to piece ever since then. Kind of shocking to myself when I think that last year this time I was ready to move it, I figured I would honestly never want to wear it again. Now, more than ever I'm glad I did not let go of it. While my Sub sits in the safe I don't dare tell myself to flip it. I'm sure at some point maybe sooner maybe later I'll want to go back to the stainless steel for a while. Anyone else on here reverted back to an old piece that at one time thought they'd never wear again?
JoeG74536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 07:23 AM   #2
DavidUK
"TRF" Member

After buying a 40mm Sub Date 16610 I put my DJ36 in the safe and it too looked tiny on my 7.5" wrist just two weeks later. I'd worn the 16233 for 15 years!

Unlike you though, the DJ had to go. I even tried the new DJ36 but it looked like a women's watch after wearing the bigger Sub for a few weeks. But I missed the TT and DJ look so much that after another two weeks I ditched the Sub for a 40mm DJ, the DJ41.

Happy again now!

DavidUK is offline   Reply With Quote