The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 October 2021, 11:02 AM   #31
Addy5713
"TRF" Member

I purchased my Nautilus 5713 from a grey dealer in February 2017 at MSRP with no sales tax and free overnight and insured shipping. The watch was brand new, still sealed in its plastic wrap, complete with its box and certificate of authenticity. I have no plans on selling the watch but if I did, it would likely be the greatest return on investment in my life. I would buy a Patek from a grey dealer again if they are reputable and can offer me a significantly better deal than an AD.
Addy5713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 12:26 PM   #32
PoojanDhanesha
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy5713 View Post
I purchased my Nautilus 5713 from a grey dealer in February 2017 at MSRP with no sales tax and free overnight and insured shipping. The watch was brand new, still sealed in its plastic wrap, complete with its box and certificate of authenticity. I have no plans on selling the watch but if I did, it would likely be the greatest return on investment in my life. I would buy a Patek from a grey dealer again if they are reputable and can offer me a significantly better deal than an AD.

Damn! That’s a good snag I must say. Glad you could get through with a grey dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoojanDhanesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 03:21 AM   #33
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I’ve been trying to get my foot in the door with an AD. I won’t pay over msrp. Sucks out there right now. The ADs have all been very nice but I’m not holding my breath to get what I want, (a 5212).
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 02:16 PM   #34
nickorette
"TRF" Member

Grey
Pros: Can get what you now without waiting, Less $ (even if grey market is higher then msrp you usually have to spend more then the price difference with an AD to get what you want at MSRP)
Cons: They always seems too busy to return calls or emails, "New" Condition can mean scratches/lightly worn (I bought 2 AP's from reputable greys so far and both have had to go back due to scratches. The Nautilus was perfect however).

AD
Pros: No question as to condition or chain of custody, first class service, AD buying experience
Cons: Might have to wait, usually more expensive then grey market

AP has no presence in Canada, so had to buy grey market. I have no relationship with Patek here and didn't want to wait several years. The model I wanted kept going up in price so I figured I'd buy in now before risking Patek cancelling that model too. Bought a Lange 1 grey, 20% discount and available now vs 67 month wait at full retail. Still waiting for it to arrive (incompetent fedex)

Ordered from AD for a pair of JLC's as price difference over grey was minimal.

Looking at a IWC Minute Repeaters but the one I want are long discontinued so not something I could get from AD. I did get my IWC Pilot 36 from AD though and was a very pleasant experience. Got invited to an event and got free things, top notch service
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote