The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 December 2021, 02:43 AM   #1
AFH18
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Snoopy
Daytona Bundle Advice?

Hey guys, long-time lurker and this is my first post because I need some advice.

I am in a fortunate position where I am looking to purchase two yellow gold Sky-Dwellers as gifts to a couple of family members(business-related). I am looking to buy one on Oysterflex and one on Bracelet.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find stock where I live for any Yellow Gold Sky-Dwellers. About a year ago, there was plenty in showcases.

Is it possible to bundle this deal with a 116500LN White Dial anymore?

I am also looking to buy a Speedmaster to add to my chronograph collection. I feel like a few years ago where I was not in this position, it was possible to do this. But I am not sure about now. Maybe the area I live in is just out of these models?

Please I would appreciate any advice.
AFH18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 03:08 AM   #2
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
It's difficult to near impossible to do a bundle deal with multiple Rolexes at the moment, your bundle idea for the 2 sky dwellers (yes even PM) and a Daytona is like asking for three favours in one.

You'd have a better chance buying 2 non Rolex watches to bundle with the Daytona.

You can always try with the Sky D's but it's very unlikely in today's market unfortunately.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 03:18 AM   #3
dontbeshort
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN LV BLRO BLNR
You’ve got no chance. End of
dontbeshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:20 AM   #4
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Not likely
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:22 AM   #5
vh2k
"TRF" Member

You can have them all tomorrow.

https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

The notion that you should be able to walk into a Rolex store and pick and choose from hundreds of choices in display cases left the station a long time ago.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:28 AM   #6
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
You can have them all tomorrow.

https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

The notion that you should be able to walk into a Rolex store and pick and choose from hundreds of choices in display cases left the station a long time ago.
This

If you’re buying gold Sky Dwellers for gifts, the grey premium shouldn’t be an issue !
Old 6 December 2021, 04:34 AM   #7
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

You will have a hard enough time finding the two
Gold skydwellers. I don’t see that happening at the same time, or even the same year. There will be no bundling with a Daytona. You essentially asking for the dream flipper bundle, all of those watches are selling way over MSRP. The story, as nice as it is, won’t matter. Three hot watches at once isn’t happening. It might be tough for an AD to even get two gold skydwellers within a short period of time.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:40 AM   #8
2024 Pledge Member

Should be super easy

…back in 2019.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:40 AM   #9
Beto737
"TRF" Member

Bundling PM models for a hard to get stainless model is no longer a very good option. It was, as little as two years ago. Even my wife’s DJ36 two tone took about eight months of waiting!

To deal with an AD today, you need an established relationship, patience, more patience, and even more patience.
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:50 AM   #10
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFH18 View Post
Hey guys, long-time lurker and this is my first post because I need some advice.

I am in a fortunate position where I am looking to purchase two yellow gold Sky-Dwellers as gifts to a couple of family members(business-related). I am looking to buy one on Oysterflex and one on Bracelet.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find stock where I live for any Yellow Gold Sky-Dwellers. About a year ago, there was plenty in showcases.

Is it possible to bundle this deal with a 116500LN White Dial anymore?

I am also looking to buy a Speedmaster to add to my chronograph collection. I feel like a few years ago where I was not in this position, it was possible to do this. But I am not sure about now. Maybe the area I live in is just out of these models?

Your question is certainly a reminder, how many years ago what you ask would have been almost possible except for SS Daytona's. Good luck to you in the future...
Old 6 December 2021, 04:58 AM   #11
Chute
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6 digit Rolex+APRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Your question is certainly a reminder, how many years ago what you ask would have been almost possible except for SS Daytona's. Good luck to you in the future...
I’m guessing a few years ago the OP probably wouldn’t have been gifting YG Sky Dwellers either.
Chute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:12 AM   #12
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
You will have a hard enough time finding the two
Gold skydwellers. I don’t see that happening at the same time, or even the same year. There will be no bundling with a Daytona. You essentially asking for the dream flipper bundle, all of those watches are selling way over MSRP. The story, as nice as it is, won’t matter. Three hot watches at once isn’t happening. It might be tough for an AD to even get two gold skydwellers within a short period of time.

Agree 100% - Exactly right on point!!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:21 AM   #13
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto737 View Post
Bundling PM models for a hard to get stainless model is no longer a very good option. It was, as little as two years ago. Even my wife’s DJ36 two tone took about eight months of waiting!

To deal with an AD today, you need an established relationship, patience, more patience, and even more patience.
This is the sad truth OP. There are plenty of great trusted sellers on this forum that can source you the two yellow gold SkyDwellers you’re looking for. I’m sure some may even be able to offer you a BNIB white dial Daytona for around $35K if you were to bundle all 3 together. Best of luck.
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:38 AM   #14
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Daytona Bundle Advice?

Forget bundling Rolex. Virtually all men’s PM Rolex carry a 10k plus premium secondary these days and are equally in demand. If offered a 116500 white or 116508 today I’d take the YG. Not talking JM either just the gold dial and black subs.
Old 6 December 2021, 05:40 AM   #15
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Daytona Bundle Advice?

Bundling Rolex today is almost impossible. Maybe if you are a massive VIP client.

Also- even at VIP status- you’re trying to bundle 3 of the most in demand watches in the world lol.

I really think you may have a better chance at winning the powerball than finding an ad with all 3 of these in stock at the same time and then selling all 3 to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:42 AM   #16
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
you will have a hard enough time finding the two
gold skydwellers. I don’t see that happening at the same time, or even the same year. There will be no bundling with a daytona. You essentially asking for the dream flipper bundle, all of those watches are selling way over msrp. The story, as nice as it is, won’t matter. Three hot watches at once isn’t happening. It might be tough for an ad to even get two gold skydwellers within a short period of time.
+1
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 06:47 AM   #17
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I personally think it is unlikely because the two watches you are asking to use as the bundlers are in and of themselves very had to get.

If you bought $80,000 of watches/jewelry that an AD currently has in stock that are not easy moving items, I think you'd have a pretty strong argument as this is potentially a much more financially appetizing proposition. However, Sky Dwellers really do not fit that bill, as they are hot items.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 07:35 AM   #18
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute View Post
I’m guessing a few years ago the OP probably wouldn’t have been gifting YG Sky Dwellers either.
Good point. I’m just remembering when I could and did walk into ADs and picked out and paid (at a little discount) for watches in their cases and walked out with my new watch. Do you remember those times as well?
Old 6 December 2021, 07:40 AM   #19
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Bundling does work if you find the right AD. But bundling watches+jewelry, not watches+watches. If anything, sometimes selling too many watches to one customer can be a red flag to Rolex that the AD is selling to the grey market.
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 07:44 AM   #20
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFH18 View Post
Looks like you got it

Not able to locate the Sky Ds plus grey prices for all these pieces on (for example) chrono24 - probably all you needed to know.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 08:03 AM   #21
Ohiorolex
"TRF" Member

I am sorry I read this thread but am impressed with the generosity of the forum members. We are all watch fanatics on this site and clearly biased towards Rolex but I don’t believe the OP. You are gifting $80000 worth of watches and your tastes fall to a stainless Daytona and a speedmaster? Really? I love Daytonas and think speedmasters are cool but no one I know is wearing a $13000 watch that bought relatives $80000 in watches.
Ohiorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 08:11 AM   #22
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiorolex View Post
I am sorry I read this thread but am impressed with the generosity of the forum members. We are all watch fanatics on this site and clearly biased towards Rolex but I don’t believe the OP. You are gifting $80000 worth of watches and your tastes fall to a stainless Daytona and a speedmaster? Really? I love Daytonas and think speedmasters are cool but no one I know is wearing a $13000 watch that bought relatives $80000 in watches.
Seemed like a reasonable first post to me
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 08:21 AM   #23
greeneyedguy
Banned

You can get the speedmaster no problem. Daytona is out of the question, people that wanted them 5 years ago are still waiting. You may be able to get a 1 gold sky dweller if you are super lucky and grab the speedy and have a good relationship with your AD. Good luck.
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 09:50 AM   #24
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
I think you'll have no trouble provided you "bundle" those 3 watches with around $150k in jewelry...
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 10:37 AM   #25
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Sadly your strategy isn’t happening. Well, not unless there’s a market crash or the fed becomes insolvent
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 10:38 AM   #26
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I think you'll have no trouble provided you "bundle" those 3 watches with around $150k in jewelry...
Oh the irony…I love it
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 11:01 AM   #27
ks58
Banned

No way are you going to get this type of deal. Adjust the ask if you want to come even close to getting something you really want.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 11:01 AM   #28
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
This thread is basically asking, “Can I leverage the purchase of two hot watches for the purchase of a third, even hotter watch, each of the three having values well in excess of MSRP?”

Answer: No.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 12:04 PM   #29
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
No
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 12:25 PM   #30
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Bundling is a way for AD's to sell you stuff they have in stock with an assumption <or promise> that you will get the watch(es.) Which they are not likely to see, or if they do they will go to someone 'other' than you. (VIP's, very long term customers, etc. Many AD's go that route.)

Ya takes yer chances when ya bundle, and your chances are going to be less than good.

It is unfortunate, but that is the norm in today's watch-world. That is why so many collectors are so p___d off, being unable to get what they want without going to the gray markets and spending enormous amounts of $$$.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote