The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 November 2023, 02:09 AM   #481
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

We can't say the watch community isn't a broad church in the 21st century

https://thepridela.com/2023/11/luxur...deral-charges/

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 02:37 AM   #482
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Don't think it is going to end well for him. Seems like there is a mountain of evidence and plenty of victims that have come forward. Not to mention his personal admissions in those YouTube videos lol
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 02:52 AM   #483
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

I wonder who else will get dragged into this? Liz, Darby, Marco.......?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Id...ab_channel=Lus

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 03:40 AM   #484
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Let's look on the BIG plus side, smart people are avoiding these 'backpack' dealers and shying away from certain YouTube talking heads. Scams abound, including trying to get your private info to sell for profit to anyone who'll pay. Their days of easy sales is gone anyway, perhaps they can get real jobs... like being a watchmaker or working retail at the Mall.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 04:02 AM   #485
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Let's look on the BIG plus side, smart people are avoiding these 'backpack' dealers and shying away from certain YouTube talking heads.
YES! I can't tell you the number of new watch guys who've tried to school me on collecting and trading watches over the past few years. And, they acquired their "knowledge" from these watch bros on YouTube and social media. Guys with no passion for watches, but who think they're going to get rich by buying and selling a couple of watches.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2023, 03:26 AM   #486
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Don't think it is going to end well for him. Seems like there is a mountain of evidence and plenty of victims that have come forward. Not to mention his personal admissions in those YouTube videos lol
His social media documentation of everything, due to his arrogance, certainly makes it hard to make any sort of defense to these crimes.
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2023, 03:57 AM   #487
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Reminds me of Smugglers Blues. Like an episode of Miami Vice. Living the high life.

"It's the lure of easy money,
It's gotta very strong appeal."
Old 19 November 2023, 04:32 AM   #488
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
YES! I can't tell you the number of new watch guys who've tried to school me on collecting and trading watches over the past few years. And, they acquired their "knowledge" from these watch bros on YouTube and social media. Guys with no passion for watches, but who think they're going to get rich by buying and selling a couple of watches.
(agreeing with you big time while rolling my eyes) OMG, have been an enthusiast for 30-ish years, still MUCH to learn!!! Horology is like going down a proverbial Rabbit Hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Reminds me of Smugglers Blues. Like an episode of Miami Vice. Living the high life.

"It's the lure of easy money,
It's gotta very strong appeal."
To be fair, it WAS easy money, and that was a MAJOR headache for ADs. Yes like many longtimers, at first it seemed totally weird. Like WTF weeeeeird. Then came the 'New Norm', with easy flipping and empty AD displays.... you know how this ends.

I look fwd to things going back to normal. You know, the way it was, when it was for love, passion, and desire.

(deeeeep sigh, small shrug) Maybe I'm just an ol' romantic.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 25 November 2023, 02:36 AM   #489
Goupax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpee View Post
I looked at the docket and judge ordered Anthony be detained during the case based on, among other things, flight risk. Detention is pretty serious in a financial crime so there must’ve been some strong evidence in the Govt’s favor.

In my experience, it will quite difficult to reverse that decision unless there is a “material change in circumstances.”

Soon, the discovery process will start, and his attorney will get the government’s evidence. As another poster said, there could always be a superseding indictment alleging additional victims or crimes.
Maybe because he applied for a passport for the first time in his mid-thirties. If that doesn't scream ''I am going to dip the hell out to Dubai with a briefcase full of cash and Richard Milles'', I don't know what will
Goupax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2023, 10:12 AM   #490
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goupax View Post
Maybe because he applied for a passport for the first time in his mid-thirties. If that doesn't scream ''I am going to dip the hell out to Dubai with a briefcase full of cash and Richard Milles'', I don't know what will

Probably should’ve just dipped and disappeared in Mexico. Whatever he has left of the stolen money will last a lot longer in Mexico than it will in Dubai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2023, 06:53 PM   #491
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Looks like the YT community has gone full on turning on each other and blaming the other side for what happened, didn't happen or should have happened.

Why can't we all just get along?
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2023, 07:20 PM   #492
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBartlett View Post
Looks like the YT community has gone full on turning on each other and blaming the other side for what happened, didn't happen or should have happened.

Why can't we all just get along?
There’s a YT community?
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2023, 07:49 PM   #493
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHORSE 6 View Post
There’s a YT community?
Apparently.

Goodness me

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2023, 08:57 PM   #494
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
There’s a YT community?
Wait until you find out about Newsgroups. ;)

Old 26 November 2023, 03:09 AM   #495
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There’s a YT community?
Life outside a Rolex watch community apparently exists weird eh?

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 02:30 AM   #496
zengineer
"TRF" Member

From the very beginning it was baffling to me that anyone, much less long time forum participants, saw this guy's online content and still chose to buy, sell or consign with him.

Was it just some strange desire to be associated with the person he pretended to be, a complete inability to see thru him...or something else. I really am curious. I can't be the only one who knew it was a train wreck waiting to happen after 2 minutes of his "business" videos.
zengineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 12:16 AM   #497
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500LN
I was catching up on this story and saw he was captured by FBI and held without bail for his arraignment in December...

Also saw one possibly fake news story saying he jumped off a building in Beverly Hills committing suicide.

Anybody know if was was found guilty?
fly4food84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 01:18 AM   #498
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

It seems his lawyer is having quite a time dealing with 2900 written pages of reports (let alone all the self-incriminating videos) is the last i heard about this. TPG / Anthony is in jail awaiting his September 2024 court date, and imho he is a big flight risk so should stay there through the end of the trial when a decision is handed down.

Old 16 January 2024, 01:12 PM   #499
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4food84 View Post
I was catching up on this story and saw he was captured by FBI and held without bail for his arraignment in December...

Also saw one possibly fake news story saying he jumped off a building in Beverly Hills committing suicide.

Anybody know if was was found guilty?
He is still in DOJ/BOP custody.

https://www.bop.gov/mobile/find_inma...inmate_results
Name: ANTHONY FARRER
Register Number: 10468-506
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: UNKNOWN
Located At: MDC Los Angeles
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 09:55 PM   #500
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
From the very beginning it was baffling to me that anyone, much less long time forum participants, saw this guy's online content and still chose to buy, sell or consign with him.

Was it just some strange desire to be associated with the person he pretended to be, a complete inability to see thru him...or something else. I really am curious. I can't be the only one who knew it was a train wreck waiting to happen after 2 minutes of his "business" videos.

Remember when his shop closed down for several days and he went radio silent during that period. People on this forum were posting about how brilliant he was. Lol

There was a massive thread about it. I still can’t believe forum members thought he was a marketing genius and he was going to be HUGE because of that. What were they thinking? Hysterical.

I watched 2 minutes of one of his videos and knew I’d never do business with this guy.

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 12:20 AM   #501
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Remember when his shop closed down for several days and he went radio silent during that period. People on this forum were posting about how brilliant he was. Lol

There was a massive thread about it. I still can’t believe forum members thought he was a marketing genius and he was going to be HUGE because of that. What were they thinking? Hysterical.

I watched 2 minutes of one of his videos and knew I’d never do business with this guy.

I've only seen a few minutes of one of his videos, and almost nothing of anyone else's YT stuff. But I can't imagine thinking it would be a good idea to buy anyone's watches whose main business is creating pseudo-real "a day in the life of a watch dealer" videos.
Old 17 January 2024, 01:24 AM   #502
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post

Thanks!
fly4food84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 02:00 AM   #503
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post

this.
steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 02:21 AM   #504
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post

He's probably pleased to see he still has "followers".
zengineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 02:47 AM   #505
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post

That was a great thread. And yes, cannot believe people actually came to his defense that he was brilliant. What's worse is that people did in fact give this clown their watches on consignment and trusted him, that's scary that not a small number of humans actually believed he was legitimate.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 06:54 PM   #506
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

https://www.businessinsider.com/fall...e-rolex-2024-2

Ouch. Few, if any, punches pulled. Quite of few of the other peripheral characters quoted.

A pretty in-depth article covering AF's rise & fall. From Lambos, meals at Nusr Et and Nick & Sam's, down to his final days before arrest; living out of a storage unit, eating canned tuna and showering at the gym.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 11:23 PM   #507
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It’s a story about trauma in the end.

No excuse for his actions, it’s just an explanation of why it happened.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote