The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 April 2019, 07:23 AM   #1
carkeywong1
"TRF" Member

Milgauss Warrenty Card Verification, please advise!

Hello all forum members, I recently purchased a 2008 Milgauss with orginal box and warranty card from an Ebay seller (99.8% feedbacks with more than 7000 transactions ), the listing pictures shown only one side of the warranty card for privacy protection. I found something off right after I received the set, the watch is a 2008 watch as described on the Ebay listing, and the serial number suggested. However, the warranty card was dated in 2014, and the Jeweler name is Rolex Watch USA, INC (as shown in pic). I thought right away its a duplicate card and returned the watch back to the seller with a neutral feedback on Ebay. Later, the seller contacted me insist that the card is real, and he got the watch from an Rolex employee, plus other things like the weight and black light effect etc... I agree to remove the neutral feedback form the seller only if other experienced forum members think the card is legit. Proud to be a member here and thank you all very much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (152.8 KB, 338 views)
carkeywong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 07:55 AM   #2
Foxiness
"TRF" Member

Sketchy at best
Foxiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 07:58 AM   #3
watchmaker
TechXpert

Could be genuine. Have seen cards where Rolex are listed as the seller before. And the explanation of it being a staff purchase is plausible.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 07:59 AM   #4
poidog81
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP/SUB
Rolex Watch USA, INC is the legal name of the RSC's here in the states. Is this a 2-year service warranty card? I thought those were given on paper cards, not plastic. Call the RSC and see if this watch has a service history matching the date on the card.
poidog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 08:33 AM   #5
911Turbo
"TRF" Member

Why would the card be dated 2014 for a 2008 watch?
911Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 08:57 AM   #6
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Turbo View Post
Why would the card be dated 2014 for a 2008 watch?
Manufactured in 08, sold in 14. Not unusual for a Milgauss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
zengineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 09:03 AM   #7
Caynuck
"TRF" Member

Ebay is your answer
Old 24 April 2019, 10:44 AM   #8
carkeywong1
"TRF" Member

I think I am going to retrieve my neutral feedback for the seller cause it seems like none has a certain answer. Thank you all again for the inputs.
Old 24 April 2019, 10:47 AM   #9
carkeywong1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poidog81 View Post
Rolex Watch USA, INC is the legal name of the RSC's here in the states. Is this a 2-year service warranty card? I thought those were given on paper cards, not plastic. Call the RSC and see if this watch has a service history matching the date on the card.
Thank you, Neither seller nor I have idea about what type of the warranty it is.
Old 24 April 2019, 11:25 AM   #10
poidog81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkeywong1 View Post
Thank you, Neither seller nor I have idea about what type of the warranty it is.
Call or go into the Rolex Service Center there in Beverly Hills. This card, if valid,
would of only been issued from there based on the retailer name. The service center does not sell watches, therefore this card would of only been used during a full service performed by Rolex which comes with a 2 yr warranty. When you call, give them the serial number to look up, if they can verify the date on the card is the date they issued it with service then you’re good. If not, it’s a fake (or at least your papers are). Pictures of the actual watch?
Old 24 April 2019, 11:37 AM   #11
carkeywong1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poidog81 View Post
Call or go into the Rolex Service Center there in Beverly Hills. This card, if valid,
would of only been issued from there based on the retailer name. The service center does not sell watches, therefore this card would of only been used during a full service performed by Rolex which comes with a 2 yr warranty. When you call, give them the serial number to look up, if they can verify the date on the card is the date they issued it with service then you’re good. If not, it’s a fake (or at least your papers are). Pictures of the actual watch?
Great information, thank you. It looks like the seller just put the milgauss back for sale. I will PM you the eBay listing link.
Old 24 April 2019, 12:19 PM   #12
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t think RSC gives out the service card like the one OP posted. I had my Explorer serviced and this the card I got from them had no names... just the date, serial number and model...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D9C2E696-DC43-4DC6-9BC3-19B938EC01A5.jpeg (161.6 KB, 182 views)
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 12:26 PM   #13
carkeywong1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
I don’t think RSC gives out the service card like the one OP posted. I had my Explorer serviced and this the card I got from them had no names... just the date, serial number and model...
Thank you, good info.
Old 24 April 2019, 12:31 PM   #14
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
“International Warranty” vs “International Service Guarantee”

One comes with a new watch, the other accompanies an RSC service. That’s been my experience.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 12:38 PM   #15
poidog81
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you, that’s what I thought.
Old 24 April 2019, 07:34 PM   #16
slickrick68
"TRF" Member

Watch: anything shiny
The card is fine.
slickrick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2023, 04:17 PM   #17
Maria465
"TRF" Member

Hi

Quote:
Contact or visit the Rolex Service Center in Beverly Hills and inquire about the authenticity of this card. The card is likely to have been issued exclusively by them, as the service center does not engage in watch sales. It would have accompanied a full service provided by Rolex, entailing a 2-year warranty. When reaching out, provide the serial number for verification. If the date on the card aligns with the date they issued it during the service, it should be genuine. Otherwise, there may be concerns about the authenticity of the papers. Could you also share pictures of the watch itself?
Maria465 is offline   Reply With Quote