The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 February 2019, 01:55 AM   #1
mastersub
"TRF" Member

Advice for someone that doesn't live near an AP dealer?

I live in Washington State and according to the AP website, the closest boutiques to me are LA and Vegas. Does anyone have experience working with these places over the phone? Will they sell or hold items for non-local buyers? I'm looking to purchase a 37mm black or blue dial Royal Oak (15450) btw.
mastersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 02:02 AM   #2
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

I used to live in the PacNW and ordered a ceramic diver over the phone from APNY. That was a few years back though...
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 02:06 AM   #3
Avuong6494
"TRF" Member

I was in the same position as you where I’m from Texas and the most accessible boutiques to me were Las Vegas and New York.

Between December 2018 - January 2019, I’ve dealt with both in-person with no referral or purchase history. From my experience, I will always go back to the Las Vegas boutique.

I was in the market to buy a white/silver 15450, and the NYC boutique ghosted me after I sent a thank you note to the sales associate who helped me out.

A month later I visited Las Vegas. And after meeting the sales associate and chatting for 20 minutes, she went to the back and pulled out a 15450 for me. The rest was history.

In conclusion, I think naturally you will do better in Vegas because their clientele mix is probably a better ratio of local clients vs. visitors of the city. While in NYC, the market of local clients is probably more than enough demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avuong6494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 02:32 AM   #4
prwdmd
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a good excuse to fly to NY or LA...
prwdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 03:06 AM   #5
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Same here, closest to sf is Beverly Hills or Vegas, took one phone call to BH to get on the list for the 15450 and a month or two later I went to pick it up.
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 04:07 AM   #6
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I bought from LV boutique by phone and email... When I went to LV went and met in person.. so generally flawless transaction
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 04:12 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersub View Post
I live in Washington State and according to the AP website, the closest boutiques to me are LA and Vegas. Does anyone have experience working with these places over the phone? Will they sell or hold items for non-local buyers? I'm looking to purchase a 37mm black or blue dial Royal Oak (15450) btw.
AFAIK the service center sells watches. I have seen paperwork on a second hand watch before that the AD was AP clearwater. So i would call them and deal with them directly. If there is no AD i dont see why they wouldn't
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 12:04 PM   #8
tourspecgolfer
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 OR
I live in WA State and my AD is in St. Thomas.

Good luck sir!
tourspecgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:43 AM   #9
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Patek
Live in Maine, bought two from Boston AD and the other from St Marten over the phone. I had been to both places in the past in done business with them but still ordered a handful of watches from them over the phone!
Mainewatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:01 AM   #10
NicholasNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I used to live in Washington State as well. Both times, I got my watch from AP Bal Harbor. Just give them a call and inquire, they’ll ship out the watch!

NicholasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 09:01 AM   #11
Layner
"TRF" Member

I had a really good experience with the Vegas AD as well. Being in Vegas, they know they’re selling mostly to tourists and they don’t have issues with unknown clients
Layner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 11:52 AM   #12
blown5.0
"TRF" Member

I don't think proximity should be an issue. Just give them a call and see who you make a connection with.
blown5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 02:10 AM   #13
Hauxrologist
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few :)
Quote:

I have a good relationship with boutique and can get you one. Let me know when you’re ready to buy.

Hauxrologist is offline   Reply With Quote