The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12 June 2014, 10:55 AM   #241
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

Great news. Very happy to hear that they did the right thing and replaced the watch with a brand new one. You deserved nothing less.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Old 12 June 2014, 11:58 AM   #242
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Watch: 16610LV
I don't know why some people are giving the OP such a hard time... he came here to tell his story, not to be harassed by all the cynics who think this is some sort of joke or lie. I expect better from you!

I am glad they are replacing the watch for you as they should!
Old 12 June 2014, 12:13 PM   #243
Grey.Coupe
"TRF" Member

And they deserve kudos for being a stand up dealer...
Old 12 June 2014, 12:52 PM   #244
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
I hope the watch will arrive soon as well as the pictures of it for the thread.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
Old 20 June 2014, 09:27 AM   #245
watchdawg
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
No pictures and no name of the AD.
Old 20 June 2014, 10:57 AM   #246
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Yeah, looks like the O.P. disappeared into thin air never to return
Old 21 June 2014, 02:54 AM   #247
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdawg View Post
No pictures and no name of the AD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Yeah, looks like the O.P. disappeared into thin air never to return
New member with a new watch and he got dragged over the coals pretty good; what do you expect..?
Old 22 June 2014, 01:54 PM   #248
Georg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post
Although this certainly seems like a Rolex issue, the AD could have avoided this with a simple pressure test prior to delivery. I don't understand why AD's don't add a little in-house value by doing this on all new watches.
I know that it probably isn't necessary, but in this case it would have helped avoid a problem. Also, I would appreciate and find value in knowing my AD was providing additional value, beyond sizing and a simple wipe down.
Btw, my AD doesn't even own a pressure tester, which if I find completely unacceptable. They send watches out for testing and charge $50. I've heard of many AD's doing it in their shop, while you wait and, often, for free.
It's the little things that differentiate a business, IMO.
AMEN! Rolex should require a PT and make them a preferred dealer.
Old 2 April 2015, 03:41 PM   #249
jimmyh

Guys, I am sorry I dissappeared on this topic. It got a little irritating all of the negative comments about my integrity and character given it was my first post on this forum and I was a newbie. I just logged back on looking for another watch and had several private messages of concern from several of you. That was really cool and your messages were really nice. I wasn't familiar with any of the acronyms on these forums or the processes for returning a damaged watch or what to expect.
I originally got my green Sub from watchmaxx (who gets their rolexes from real authorized dealers, I later found out). When the water got in my watch the guys at watchmax were super cool and very helpful with my replacement. It turned out that my original watch came from an AD in Miami and I cannot remember their name or I would post it. They didn't want to replace the watch but instead wanted to send it back to rolex at their cost to fix and reseal it. I didn't want that option and expressed that to watchmax who were again, very helpful and understanding. They fought with the dealer and instead of making me wait for a resolution they sent me a brand new green sub from an AD in brooklyn, NY. with full warranty from rolex via a warranty card with the AD name on it which made it official. I know this because I sent the watch to Rolex to have it pressure tested JUST make sure that it didn't leak using my warranty card that was provided to me from the AD in brooklyn. Rolex pressure tested it and it was perfect. Everything was covered with my warranty card FROM ROLEX. I am sure that everyone wants to know the name of the AD in NY and I must decline to give it because I don't know any of the rules that rolex puts out on their ADs and I don't want to ruin it for the next guy. I have since gone swimming almost every day of the summer last year and had no problems whatsoever. My watch is still working perfectly without any problems. I am very happy with Watchmaxx and will be buying my sky dweller from them very soon. To all of the well wishers, thanks for all of the help on this. To the cynics, lighten up. If you don't have anything nie to say then say nothing :)

Last edited by jimmyh; 2 April 2015 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 2 April 2015, 03:55 PM   #250
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
If they don't return/exchange Definitely dispute with you CC company if that's an option. Best of luck to you! Keep us updated.
Old 2 April 2015, 06:30 PM   #251
SIDMAN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
Guys, I am sorry I dissappeared on this topic. It got a little irritating all of the negative comments about my integrity and character given it was my first post on this forum and I was a newbie. I just logged back on looking for another watch and had several private messages of concern from several of you. That was really cool and your messages were really nice. I wasn't familiar with any of the acronyms on these forums or the processes for returning a damaged watch or what to expect.
I originally got my green Sub from watchmaxx (who gets their rolexes from real authorized dealers, I later found out). When the water got in my watch the guys at watchmax were super cool and very helpful with my replacement. It turned out that my original watch came from an AD in Miami and I cannot remember their name or I would post it. They didn't want to replace the watch but instead wanted to send it back to rolex at their cost to fix and reseal it. I didn't want that option and expressed that to watchmax who were again, very helpful and understanding. They fought with the dealer and instead of making me wait for a resolution they sent me a brand new green sub from an AD in brooklyn, NY. with full warranty from rolex via a warranty card with the AD name on it which made it official. I know this because I sent the watch to Rolex to have it pressure tested JUST make sure that it didn't leak using my warranty card that was provided to me from the AD in brooklyn. Rolex pressure tested it and it was perfect. Everything was covered with my warranty card FROM ROLEX. I am sure that everyone wants to know the name of the AD in NY and I must decline to give it because I don't know any of the rules that rolex puts out on their ADs and I don't want to ruin it for the next guy. I have since gone swimming almost every day of the summer last year and had no problems whatsoever. My watch is still working perfectly without any problems. I am very happy with Watchmaxx and will be buying my sky dweller from them very soon. To all of the well wishers, thanks for all of the help on this. To the cynics, lighten up. If you don't have anything nie to say then say nothing :)
Old 2 April 2015, 08:38 PM   #252
desmoboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Glad it all worked out with dealer and that experience has not put you off from taking your Submariner to water again
Old 2 April 2015, 10:26 PM   #253
GermanyMatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711, 126610
Please continue to hang around. Most of us don't crucify Rolex owners who have difficult experiences. There are some around here who take any criticism of Rolex personally, or figure every newb is a troll out to bash the brand. These people, IMO, don't have enough to worry about. LOL!

Glad it all worked out in the end, and an advanced congrats to you on the Skydweller. We want pics when you pick it up.
Old 2 April 2015, 10:35 PM   #254
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Happy ending.
Old 2 April 2015, 10:37 PM   #255
tywang
Banned

Watch: GMT IIc
I feel there are a few employees or paid trolls of rolex on here? Looks like there is always someone prepares to defend rolex no matter what.
Old 2 April 2015, 10:40 PM   #256
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge immediately. Don't let the AD string you along, because you have only a limited period of time to dispute the charge ... I think it's 30 days, but you should call your cc company to be certain. If you dispute the charge timely, you should have leverage and can likely achieve the result you want (i.e., a refund or a new watch).

UPDATE: Just read the thread in its entirety, so ... never mind my comments. Glad to read of a positive outcome.
Old 2 April 2015, 10:57 PM   #257
Dove37
"TRF" Member

If he had of bought it at Costco....
Old 2 April 2015, 11:35 PM   #258
JJL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red & 16622
Glad to hear it's all better!
Old 3 April 2015, 12:06 AM   #259
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tywang View Post
I feel there are a few employees or paid trolls of rolex on here? Looks like there is always someone prepares to defend rolex no matter what.
Agree. This can be a fun and informative site if you ignore the Rolex fanboys who think that there is no other watch worth owning besides Rolex and that all salespeople should know the entire life story of Hans Wilsdorf as well as the width in MM of a flip lock latch for a Sub or GMT clasp. So we hope you stick around

Glad everything worked out. I used to own the LV-C but traded it for a Royal Oak 15400. I miss it sometimes.......

PS. Some great family owned dealers in NoVA btw.
Old 3 April 2015, 12:15 AM   #260
ragingcao
"TRF" Member

Watch: cha talking about?
That blows hard! Hope you get a new watch
Old 3 April 2015, 12:15 AM   #261
ec51
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Glad to hear it worked out.

Going forward, I'd just make sure you were fully aware of the Watchmaxx warranty policy/process.

Quote:
This warranty is valid only at WatchMaxx.com. All warranty service must be performed by WatchMaxx.com.
https://www.watchmaxx.com/warranty

Eric
Old 3 April 2015, 12:30 AM   #262
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove37 View Post
If he had of bought it at Costco....
...they would have given him full credit, on the spot, no questions asked!
Old 3 April 2015, 12:34 AM   #263
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tywang View Post
Didn't Bruce Willis make a series of films about this...
Old 3 April 2015, 12:37 AM   #264
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Glad it worked out
Old 3 April 2015, 02:54 AM   #265
Joe.King
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec51 View Post
Glad to hear it worked out.

Going forward, I'd just make sure you were fully aware of the Watchmaxx warranty policy/process.

https://www.watchmaxx.com/warranty
That's not necessarily true. If you buy a watch from them and it has the warranty card AD stamped (which he did and I also bought an Omega with same) it is fully covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Watchmaxx is awesome because they stepped in to help when the AD was not doing what they should be doing.
Old 3 April 2015, 02:56 AM   #266
yld2rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Yikes. Good Luck
Rolex GMT BLNR
Rolex Datejust 16220
Old 3 April 2015, 02:57 AM   #267
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
I just bought a brand new sub date green, went swimming the same day and water got inside fogging up the sapphire and making little bubbles inside of the magnifying glass. The crown was screwed in the way it is supposed to and water still got in. I am so pissed right now because they found one of the gaskets faulty and I'm going on 2 weeks while they decide to send me a brand new one or repair my brand new one. You pay $9000 for a brand new watch and it leaks the first day. The sub is supposedly a divers watch which can handle 300 meters but 2 feet in a pool. I'll keep everyone posted.
Did you take the watch in a shower?
Closed Thread