The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 January 2009, 04:14 AM   #61
cody p
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 114200
excellent posts Orchi. i've come to the conclusion that ebay is just way too dangerous a place for a normal guy like me who doesn't know all the ins and outs of how these scams work. not in a million years would i consider buying a watch via ebay.
cody p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 05:19 AM   #62
JimW
Banned

Watch: 18k Datejust
Cody, ebay isn't a bad place at all. I have met several really good people through ebay.
Problem for some is not knowing how to research the seller, feedbacks etc etc to know they are buying from a trusted source.
I go pretty deep when I am looking for something unless I know the seller.

Jim
JimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 05:27 AM   #63
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Good point, Jim. Cody, you shouldn't grade everyone by the same curve. I am proud to say that I have been selling on eBay since 2004, doing very good business. It has given me the ability to meet great people, find homes for exceptional timepieces, all at very reasonable cost. Heck, I wouldn't have known about this place if I hadn't caught their eye with my lack of knowledge about Rolies :) on ebay!

I can safely say that I am one of the good guys on ebay, and I know many other ones. Don't stop eating apples altogether because you found a worm!

Take it easy, Greg
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 08:30 AM   #64
ibsober
"TRF" Member

Been buying and selling on ebay for years...butted heads with a few folks here...no hard feelings. In five years I have never purchased a fake, but I'm very selective of who I buy from. I have bought and sold with a number of people on this forum. Most of my ebay friends will call me or drop me an email if they have something they think I might like...I guess what I'm trying to say is, build a relationship with people here, ebay and other forums, because if it's to good to be true....well you know the rest of that story.
ibsober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 08:49 AM   #65
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsober View Post
Been buying and selling on ebay for years...butted heads with a few folks here...no hard feelings. In five years I have never purchased a fake, but I'm very selective of who I buy from. I have bought and sold with a number of people on this forum. Most of my ebay friends will call me or drop me an email if they have something they think I might like...I guess what I'm trying to say is, build a relationship with people here, ebay and other forums, because if it's to good to be true....well you know the rest of that story.

If you have butted heads with a few folks here and haven't bought a fake, may I ask why?
The folks here will butt heads with others usually when the offering is fake, or gross misrepresentation.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 09:01 AM   #66
JimW
Banned

Maybe difference's of opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2careless View Post

If you have butted heads with a few folks here and haven't bought a fake, may I ask why?
The folks here will butt heads with others usually when the offering is fake, or gross misrepresentation.
Beauty of who we are is our ability to have different opinions of matters. At times this can cause people to disagree. Best part is we ALL are in this group to help catch scammers, learn from each other, help those who may not know everything about a watch and grow from what we learn.

Face it, even Wally & the Beaver butted heads.

Signed: Eddie Haskill Jr.................................Jim
Old 30 January 2009, 10:00 AM   #67
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
While I absolutely detest scammers like the one who is the subject of this thread, I have to defend eBay as a marketplace.

I have been on eBay since 1998 and have about 500 positive feed backs with never a negative in that time. I have also never had to leave a negative for anyone as we have always been able to work things out amicably.

My point is that if you are very careful with large ticket items, your chances of getting hurt are minimized. Do you research. Call the seller / buyer and get more information and then check that information out. I go so far as to Google Earth their addresses if I feel the need to.

Don't judge eBay on the demerrits of the scammers out there. You will find ripoffs in any marketplace. The real danger of these transactions is in not looking well into your goings.

Just my opinion.

I also want to than Orchi for his GREAT contributions to our forum and Terry and others for being so kind as to try and help those that were taken advantage of.

We truly have one of the best communities on the web right here on TRF! I feel priviledged to be a part and member of this excellent place!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 10:51 AM   #68
Parachrom
"TRF" Member

Smells like a Rico problem...time for kaiser Socee to enter the picture....no no not kaiser Socee aeeeeeee!
Parachrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 02:54 PM   #69
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parachrom View Post
Smells like a Rico problem...time for kaiser Socee to enter the picture....no no not kaiser Socee aeeeeeee!

Oh No. The dreaded Keyser Söze; you just never know when he is going to show up.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 04:53 PM   #70
vivek
"TRF" Member

Hi, all , is just abt a week being friday the 30 jan 09 , I & my associtate VIVEK HAVE BEEN CONNED FOR JUST ABT 16K US $, LET US PUT THE FULL STORY TO EVERY ONE , AND ALSO TO MY ASSOCITATE , WE NEED TO CHECK ON A FORUM OR INTERNET FOR ANY LEADS TO THE COMPNAY PRIOR TO PAYMENTS , AND FUTHER , BEST WAY PICK IT UP PERSONALLY , IF NOT DO NOT DEAL , AS 16K + EXPENSES WILL NOT KILL YOU, BUT SURELY WHEN YOU LOOSE THE FULL 16 K , IT MAKE YOUR STOMACH CRUNCH,
WELL THE WHOLE THING BEGAN AS USUAL , SEARCHING THE E BAY , FOR A GOOD DEAL , I CAME ACROOS A ROLEX YATCH MASTER II IN YELLOW GOLD, AND SAVED THE SEARCH IN MY WATCHING , AND THE NEXT DAY AGAIN SAW THE SAME AS CLOSED , ALTHOUGH THE SAME AUCTION WAS FOR A WEEK APPROX FROM THEN, BUT WAS SHOWED THE FOLLOWING DAY CLOSED EARLY DUE TO BUY NOW METHODS, FINE ALL IS OK , BUT AS HUMAN BEINGS , I CALLED THE NUMBER MENTIONED IN THE AUCTION AND GOT NO REPLY BUT AN ANSWERING MACHINE, AND DO NOT RECALL IF HANGED OR LEFT A MESSAGE , BUT , SHORTLY GOT A CALL FROM A LADY WITH NO NUMBER ON MY CELL AS I DID CALL FROM THE CELL , WITH THE LADY FROM THE OTHER END ANSWERING ON THE QUESTIUON OF MY INTREST ON THE ROLEX , BUT AS I STAY OVERSEAS , I DID INFORM HIM MY ASSOCITATE FROM USA WILL CONTACT HER / THEM SOON , BUT SOON AFTER MAILS WERE EXCHANGED AND ALL THINGS WERE ON , MAILS WERE EXCHANGED , A PRICE CAME TO ESTABLISHED AND , BUT ALWAYS THE CALLS WOULD COME FROM THE OTHER END Y WAYS OF US LEAVING MESSAGES , DID NOT FEEL STRANGE AS THIS IS QUITE COMMOM IN THE WEST , AND THE RELATION WAS ONLY 2 DAYS OLD WITH THE SELLER , BUT ALL SAID AND DONE
THE DID MAKE A BIG BAD DEAL AND HERE ARE ALL THE RELEVANT
THE COAMPNAY IS CALLED HAYZON CORPORATION IN THE USA
AND THE PERSON NAME IS KING HUGGINS
AND THE REST IS THE MAIL WITH ALMOST ALL EXCEPT MY ACCOUNT NUMBER TO MAKE SURE THE WORLD KNOWS OF THIS AND MANY MORE
IT LOOKS LIKE THE RECORDS WERE THE BEST EVER AND WE FEEL FOR IT
AS WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE , EXCEPT SEE THE SCORES WITH ALL JUST GR8 AND THE SCORER ARE TOO BETTER THAN THE SELLER AT TIMES ???
GOD KNOW HOW THEY MANAGE ALL THIS , WELL TOO SMART FOR A NORMAL PERSON LIKE MYSELF ,

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:02 PM
To: go49_collection@yahoo.com
Cc: dgandhi@mepcodxb.ae
Subject: Re: Fw: NEW SHIP TO: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE

Hi King,

Can I update on my Order. Really worrying about all this, as payment gone and you are not responding.

Please call to: +971-50-4502459.

Thanks
Vivek

Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:24:19 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: NEW SHIP TO: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Vivek thanks for the update.
The watch will be shipped to
Mr. Kevin Woods (Vivek Aggarwal)
UTi United States Inc
c/o Super Mepco US Inc
230-39 INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CTR , SUITE 1000,
SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413
Tel: 516-394-6200 / 6282 (Kevin Woods) .

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: Fw: NEW SHIP TO: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
To: "KING ROLEX" <go49_collection@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 4:25 PM
Hi King,
Please update with status of this order.

Thanks
Vivek
718-359-1798

----- Forwarded Message ----
Cc: kwoods2@go2uti.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:48:25 PM
Subject: NEW SHIP TO: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Hi King,
Now I'm in trouble, as I will be leaving on Thursday morning and nobody will be at my home to accept the delivery of this expensive watch.

So now I request you to please send this Watch Fed Ex Overnight to below detailed address of my friend (Kevin who works as Manager in UTi), Once you ship it, please Email the Tracking Details and also give me a call to confirm so:

Shipping Address (Ship To):
Mr. Kevin Woods (Vivek Aggarwal)
UTi United States Inc
c/o Super Mepco US Inc
230-39 INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CTR , SUITE 1000,
SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413
Tel: 516-394-6200 / 6282 (Kevin Woods) .

If any further queries or details require, please give me call.

Regards
Vivek
718-359-1798
917-470-3372 (Cell)

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:50:57 PM
Subject: Re: SHIP TO: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Vivek the funds are stil on hold, first we thought it was something serious, however, the bank stated today that this is due to Patriot Act, that the transfers over 10,000$ are placed on a hold. If you have a copy of wire statement please send it to us, this may speed up the clearing process. We cannot send the item before the funds clear. We apologize for the inconvenience and will send you the item and the tracking number as soon as the payment becomes available.
King.

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 6:51 PM
Hi King,
Please advise the status of this order.

Regards
Vivek
718-359-1798

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:32:35 PM
Vivek, We've checked with the bank, the money received but, they are in pending at this moment. The watch is ready to be shipped. But we'll ship it once the wire cleares. They told me it shouldn't take more than a day or so.
Thanks.

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 12:22 AM
Hi King,
I hope you have shipped the watch today, Please provide the Fedex Tracking Details.

Thanks
Vivek

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 4:33:52 PM
Hello Vivek, thaks for your payment. I'll check today if the money arrived or not.and let you know. Will ship the watch by monday to NY>
thanks.
King.

--- On Fri, 1/23/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: SHIP TO: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Date: Friday, January 23, 2009, 2:10 PM
Hi King,
Payment has been made. You should get it by Today Noon. Please try to deliver the Watch by Monday (Jan 26th) if possible. Please email me the tracking details once you ship it.

Please Do Not Ship by Postal Service. Use Fed Ex or UPS Only.

SHIP TO:
Vivek Aggarwal
2201, 128th Street,
College Point, NY 11356-2721
Tel: 718-359-1798
Cell: 917-470-3372
vivekz@yahoo.com
vivek@mepcodxb.com

If any further queries or details require, please feel free to contact.

Thanks & Regards
Vivek
718-359-1798
917-470-3372
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 9:07:00 AM
Subject: PAID: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Hi King,
The Wire transfer has been made in the amount of US$16200.00 from my company's (Super Mepco US Inc) Business CHASE Bank account.

The Wire Transaction ID# 188743625.

Wire to Hayzon Corporation (...9593)
Wire from BUSINESS CLASSIC (...4400)
Wire amount 16200.00 U.S. Dollars (USD)
Wire date 01/23/2009
Message to recipient Payment for ORIGINAL, COMPLETE AUTHENTIC ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688
Message/instructions to recipient
bank Payment for ORIGINAL, COMPLETE AUTHENTIC ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688

Recipient Information

Recipient name Hayzon Corporation
Recipient nickname Hayzon Corporation
Address 1 5801 Brentwood PL
Address 2
City FONTANA
State/Province California
Zip/Postal Code 92336
Country United States
Message to recipient Payment for ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688

Bank Information

Bank routing number (ABA or SWIFT) 026009593
Bank name Bank of America, National Association
Bank country United States
Recipient account number 026009593
Message to recipient bank Payment for ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688

Thanks & Regards
Vivek

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:47:23 AM
Subject: Re: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Ok Done. I shall wire you the money ($16200) in next 10 minutes and will send you a confirmation mail with transaction details. You should have money in your account by Noon today. Please try to deliver the Watch by Monday (Jan 26th) if possible and email me the tracking details once you ship it.

SHIP TO:
Vivek Aggarwal
2201, 128th Street,
Tel: 718-359-1798
Cell: 917-470-3372
vivekz@yahoo.com
vivek@mepcodxb.com

Best Regards
Vivek

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:42:19 AM
Hello, Vivek. please make it $16.200
Regards,
King Huggins.

--- On Fri, 1/23/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Friday, January 23, 2009, 1:19 PM
Hi King,
We will be sending you money today for this watch, please advise if you could do $16000.00 Total.

Thanks
Vivek

Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:33:03 AM
Subject: ROLEX MENS YACHTMASTER II ref 116688 INVOICE
Good morning Vivek
Thank you for your further, kind confirmation.
When the pay will be finished please send us scanned document of the transfer.

The watch is 100% Authentic. WeI trade on eBay since 2001 Our status of powerseller also shows irreproachable reputation. you may contact our buyers and they will confirm that you can do business with us. We are Squaretrade seal members. The seal ID: 014779161633 and PESA members (Professional eBay Sellers Alliance) they will also confirm our details.

INVOICE:
ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688
Total amount: $16.500.00
Shipping: College Point, New York 11356

Below is the bank information for the paying of the order.
Bank wire instructions:
Bank Name Bank of America
Name on account: Hayzon Corporation
Account Number: 2746270582
Routing number: 026009593
Swift Number: BOFAUS3N for international transfers only.
Bank Address North Fontana
15092 Summit Avenue
Fontana, CA 92336
Account holder info:
Account Name: Hayzon Corporation
Account holderaddress: 5801 brentwood pl fontana, ca 92336

- If you have any questions your bank's manager can provide useful advice.
- When the pay will be finished please send us scanned document of the transfer (deposit slip or bank wire receipt) via e-mail.

Note:
* restricted delivery confirmation so you know it will not be left at your door step.
* Requires Photo ID to accept package. This is the safest way for a valuable items like this.
* We take great care in packaging every item to ensure safe shipment to you.
* All our items will securely are packed and ship fully insured registered mail with online tracking.

Return Privilege:

- Refund 100% No questions asked money back guarantee. All that we ask is that you notify us within 7 days after receiving your item. If we are not contacted within 7 days this sale will become final, and after that time no refunds will be issued. Watches must be returned within 7 days, in the SAME CONDITION as received with all packaging, and paperwork! We will send your refund (sales price of the watch) once we receive the returned item.

Waiting for your prompt response, many thanks in advance, have a great day.
Sincerely, King Huggins
+1(509)-651-9034

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information intended for a specific individual or purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, retaining, distribution, access, use or modification of the contents of this e-mailed information is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this message.

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688
Cc: dgandhi@mepcodxb.ae
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi King,
Yes I did receive the documents you forward, seems to be okay. I hope this watch is 100% authentic.

Please forward us your complete bank details & please confirm the Best Price you could do include shipping to College Point, New York 11356.

Regards
Vivek Aggarwal
2201, 128th Street,
718-359-1798
917-470-3372

Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:41:58 AM
Subject: Re: ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688
Hello Vivek, did you get our previous messages?

Regards,
King

--- On Tue, 1/20/09, agarwal vivek <vivekz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688
To: go49_collection@yahoo.com, go49_collection@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 6:44 PM
Hi,
I 'm interested in this watch,ROLEX MENS 18K YELLOW GOLD YACHTMASTER II ref 116688

Please give me a call. 718-359-1798

Thanks & Regards
Vivek Aggarwal
College Point, New York 11356
Tel: +1-718-359-1798
FAX: +1-718-359-1915
Tel: +1-917-470-3372
vivekz@yahoo.com

it
vivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 05:30 PM   #71
Beenscammed
"TRF" Member

I want to thank all of you on this forum for your help. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found you. I really haven't gotten the gist of sending private post, since I have sent 2 and they don't seem to show up in my sent file. Orchi and Mosco, if you get them please let me know. I just wanted to provide the latest AKA, and say that was the same account & routing number in Mosco's post #56. And if you would, I could sure use the Russian info on this guy.

eBay took the site down today. I've had nothing but great experiences with eBay for many years, so this scammer really devastated me.

Again thank you all SO MUCH for your help, especially Terry.
Beenscammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 01:54 PM   #72
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...to those that were scammed by this...
fraudster SOB Thomas Barger...a.k.a Shaun Coulthard...
a.k.a "KING HUGGINS"...a.k.a Barger Art Jewelry...IF you
can get the authorities to work seriously into the fraud cases...
it won't be too difficult to catch...the SOB.

Besides Barger Art Jewelry store which was published in eBay(now shut down)...
He runs few websites with the same mailing address n...
contact phone numbers...
ALL the "Testimonials" are FAKEEEEEEE...!

Mailing Address:

Barger Art Jewelry Inc. ...
PO Box 1530 ....................
(Who could imagine a genuine jewelry store having a postal box...as a mailing address to begin with?????)
Cleveland, OH, 44143
Phone:
(440) 229-6212
(888)797-4255
eMail: sales@barger-jewelry.com
Fax:(440) 848-8377

Those websites may be hosted by PROXY servers in Russia!
BUT those are phone numbers in USA...NOT Russia!
Orchi believes the SOB lives in USA...NOT Russia!
He has many aliases ...or few accomplices...in USA!

The authorities could check the phone accounts n records...to locate this
SOB...for possibly having other resident addresses in USA.

The authorities(if they are serious enough) could even get...
a warrant to check those records...to nab the SOB...

Or...you guys in the States can do it the OLD fashion ways...
A Tooth for A Tooth...
Use your imaginations...

That SOB is greedy for MORE...he won't stop at his track or...
disappear that simply...
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 01:59 PM   #73
Flaxmoore

Watch: Alpha Milsub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post
Those websites may be hosted by PROXY servers in Russia!
BUT those are phone numbers in USA...NOT Russia!
Orchi believes the SOB lives in USA...NOT Russia!
He has many aliases ...or few accomplices...in USA!
Netherlands, actually. Courtesy of www.whois.com...

Domain Name: BARGER-JEWELRY.COM
--------------------------------------------------------

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ()
P.O. Box 97
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 26-Nov-2008
Expiration Date: 26-Nov-2009

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.xtraorbit.com
ns2.xtraorbit.com

Flaxmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2009, 02:24 PM   #74
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skideano View Post
We were ripped by tkbarger on a Franck Muller Tourbillon purchased on 1/14/09. Watch was supposely shipped from the Netherlands. Received
package today with a book in it! Want to burn these guys back. Involved
the FBI today!
Err buddy Skideano...was there a Sender Address/
phone contact...stated with the Parcel documents...?
Old 31 January 2009, 02:47 PM   #75
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...this may be the man...HIGH on the WANTED LIST...

Thomas Barger...a.k.a Shaun Coulthard...a.k.a "KING HUGGINS"...
a.k.a Barger Art Jewelry...or www.vintages-watches.com ...or www.thomas-watches.com

Thomas Barger

Tel: (+1) 440.229.6212 or sales@thomas-watches.com
tomlybarger@hotmail.com

A.K.A ...

Shaun Coulthard

1(510)225-9146

shaun@vintages-watches.com
Old 31 January 2009, 11:40 PM   #76
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately - that is not the guy. I am not sure whose picture it is, but some unsuspecting dude with a tie is now a target for the anger of many... Before the TKBarger got shut down, I got the 'contact information' through ebay and it was to a Thomas Lybarger (go figure) in Maysville, OH. Then when I contacted 411 for phone and address of this Lybarger, I got an actual number, called him, and spoke with a guy without any accent who said that he has been getting these calls and he does not know of any watches on ebay.... sounded like he got set up pretty good... Whoever the real culprit is, he really good, but not beyond catching.
Old 1 February 2009, 01:32 AM   #77
JimW
Banned

Scammers from overseas usually have someone in the US that knows how to work a phone system to forward the calls to them through their system. If you try to trace the number through 411.com it usually shows up as a land line somewhere. But when you try to call it after they have been caught and moved forward that line is not designed to ring the main operator for the business.
This practice has been going on for years and only way to catch it is for the land line owner to work with authorties and trace the calls through their system but by then it is usually too late. They moved to another system.
Knowing this as I have been in the telecommunication industry for over 30 years and have help to catch some who were using another country to peddle drugs (big time drugs).
So name association probably isn't going to help. Finding out what big company who has many calls going overseas and does not keep up with records very well. Basically a needle in the haystack thing.

Good option is to set up a sale with this person with a meet and greet. The buyer will ACTUALLY see a true watch and move on. But if someone is in the know then you can get them.

But then again as I previously stated, you may not know how big a network this is and who your dealing with. Caution is a must
Old 1 February 2009, 02:23 AM   #78
Flaxmoore

Watch: Alpha Milsub
Might he be that Dane I found traces of?
Flaxmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2009, 02:45 AM   #79
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
the fellow in that picture looks very familiar..I have seen him at a show..I dont think it is the fraudster though..
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2009, 03:03 AM   #80
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

What a POS person though. All told, over $100K in theft occurred with this scammer. I hope he gets his in the end.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 1 February 2009, 03:15 AM   #81
Mosco
"TRF" Member

I actually spoke with that guy on the phone - he is Russian, speaks it fluently without accent. Or maybe it was just one of them - who knows how many are involved in this scam. Thus far I am counting closer to $150,000 which were stolen by this jerk.
Old 1 February 2009, 06:14 AM   #82
ibsober
"TRF" Member

Mosco...hope you know some out of work KGB types who could give these fellows a chiropractic session. I suspect these guys will move through the boards now that ebay is aware of the scam...They are routing everything through American banks using ABA numbers. That means there are actual people in the US involved and it very well might be at the bank. A Jr.VP makes about $36000.00 a year an offer of 10% will make your money go a long way. The bank will never cooperate because as we all know higher institutions of lending never make big mistakes. So all banking information needs to go through the FBI. Lots of small banks in south Florida have been caught laundering drug money. This is basically the same thing on a smaller scale. You know of $150,000 lost so the number is probably double that...most folks are to embarrassed to go on a board and admit they were swindled. My point is...if all the transactions ran through one or two banks then someone at the banking level is involved. Good Hunting My Friend!
ibsober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 12:32 AM   #83
Mosco
"TRF" Member

UPDATE: 'Tom Barger' is actually three guys- two 'honcho's' and a peon (or, more likely a pee - on). All speak Russian. Their location has been narrowed down, but I don't want to mention it here, as they may be reading it. There are few other people involved, several in the US, but they don't know the full extent of the scam.
Old 2 February 2009, 12:48 AM   #84
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
get em boys!!
and craig (ibsober) your exactly right..I suspect they will be attempting to sell their "watches"
here on our boards and the other sales boards so everyone honestly needs to be aware of who they are buying from!!
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2009, 04:29 AM   #85
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post
Err buddies...this may be the man...HIGH on the WANTED LIST...

Thomas Barger...a.k.a Shaun Coulthard...a.k.a "KING HUGGINS"...
a.k.a Barger Art Jewelry...or www.vintages-watches.com ...or www.thomas-watches.com

Thomas Barger

Tel: (+1) 440.229.6212 or sales@thomas-watches.com
tomlybarger@hotmail.com

A.K.A ...

Shaun Coulthard

1(510)225-9146

shaun@vintages-watches.com
Err buddies...here's the latest update...regarding the accused BIG TIME Scammer...
who goes by many nicknames n pseudo identities that still exist...
in the online Vintage watch markets...on the worldwideweb...

Few other victims fallen under the scams of the perpetrator...
have since come forward to post with their horrid encounters...
in that website which is on a manhunt for the accused Scammer.

Most...except for this following ONE of the perpetrator's website...
is still remaining active...
the rest of the relevant stolen account eBay User ID: TKBarger...or the websites posted above...
have since been invalidated...

http://www.vintages-watches.com/home.php?go=home

To begin with...the accused Scammer had even gone to the extent of copying...
the entire website contents in verbatim ...

which is rightfully belonging to Buddy Stephane of......
http://www.worldlywatches.com/home.php
Old 5 March 2009, 05:25 AM   #86
Orchi
Banned

Err...Dear TRF WatchOut Buddies...Stan/Terry/Springer/Steve/TTG/Dave S...
n the rest of the WatchOut Buddies here...

Kindly take URGENT note of this LATEST development...

A little bird(whom may want to remain anonymous for the time being)...
has just dropped a very important mail for Orchi...with this vital Tip Off...

TKBarger is at it AGAIN...!!!

The Perpetrator is...likely to be scamming away in eBay...
with the SAME Modus Operandi...!!!

This time...the perpetrator would seem to have hijacked the eBay Account...
under the User ID - TMCoult (1235 FB) ...

IF you check the Feed Back History as SELLER...
the Purported Buyers' FEEDBACKS are MOSTLY Outdated...similar to the previous ones that
occurred before when TKBarger had hijacked the eBay PowerSeller Account...
of Paratrooper...!!!

Also this time...the eBay Seller TMCoult (1235 FB) USER ID - or TKBarger a.k.a. Thomas Barger...
or whoever the Perpetrator maybe...is believed to have been another Hijacked eBay Account...
NEVER needed to offer any reciprocal Feedback to the purported Buyers of his items...
under the purported...n relevant eBay transaction history...

1,348 Feedback received (viewing 1-25)
Revised Feedback: 0

Positive feedback rating Excellent transaction. Delivered on time exactly as described.
Buyer: aussie_in_seattle ( 86 [Feedback score is 50 to 99] )
Dec-23-08 13:58
TAG HEUER MONACO AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH

(#250343872172) US $1,700.00 View Item

Positive feedback rating Quick Delivery!!! Excellent Packaging!!! Exactly as Described!!! Thanks!!!
Buyer: jvantav ( 643 [Feedback score is 500 to 999] )
Dec-15-08 15:05
R0LEX DATEJUST 18K Rose Gold SS 116201 Watch LNIB MINT!

(#250340082640) US $4,000.00 View Item

Positive feedback rating Just as shown. Fast ship!
Buyer: kevinjosi ( 50 [Feedback score is 50 to 99] )
Dec-12-08 07:06
R0LEX SUBMARINER STAINLESS STEEL BOX PAPERS MINT

(#250339451768) US $3,200.00 View Item

Positive feedback rating Wow - stunning watch! Most gracious seller. GREAT TRANSACTION! Very impressed!
Buyer: mab34609 ( 457 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
Dec-11-08 14:53
Breitling Evolution K13356 18K YG Case/Bracelet !!

(#250335741192) US $12,000.00 View Item

Positive feedback rating *Item packaged very securely, just like described...seller has a heart of GOLD.
Buyer: mtrivelpiece ( 47 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
Dec-09-08 09:21
HUBL0T BIG BANG MONACO "TUIGA" Special Edition! RARE!

(#250335979227) US $7,000.00 View Item

Positive feedback rating Shaun is a real pleasure to work with and my Patek is fantastic. Thanks!
Buyer: redeye83 ( 220 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
Dec-06-08 22:13
Patek Golden Ellipse Ref: 3738J ~~~~MINT~~~~

(#250334565524) US $5,400.00 View Item

CHECK OUT The PERPETRATOR'S Item of This LATEST SALE in EBAY...!!!

Dear Friends, Please let me introduce myself. My name is Shaun Coulthard, proud owner & founder vintages-watches.com i specialize in new, pre-owned, discontinued and highly sought after timepieces !! In the interim, if you have any questions about any of my eBay listings. Email me at Shaun@vintages-watches.com or call me anytime at (510) 225-9146. I look forward to working with you.

It's COULD be the SAME...CULPRIT...!!!
Old 5 March 2009, 05:31 AM   #87
Mosco
"TRF" Member

It IS the same culprit! Now no listings remain on ebay - wonder why?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 5 March 2009, 05:58 AM   #88
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...this crap is UBELIEVABLE...

...those folks need more than a Chiropractic "adjustment"...they need to do this to GUIDO, whom I am certain would have the guy 6 feet down under.

Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2009, 06:10 AM   #89
onkyo
Banned

There must be some way to catch these guys NOW!

onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2009, 06:43 AM   #90
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Thanks for letting us know Orchi. The sidelines are developing nicely.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc