The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 January 2020, 04:10 PM   #31
H25B
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, SD43, OP31
I’d at least try to get them to fix this, it’s not even close to being acceptable. Would you put up with your car salesman keying your car right after you paid for it..? My AD gets out a toolkit from Rolex when sizing a bracelet (big wooden box), I assume it has all the proper tools and would think every AD would have that.
H25B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 04:26 PM   #32
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Time is an issue in this instance -- however, they would likely assist if you had a relationship with them. On the other hand, they don't know what you have been doing in the past four months - if you tried to resize yourself etc.
I think using tape around the screw (after heating pins etc) is the best way forward. Even with a slip it is highly unlikely that you're going to make a significant mark.
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 05:20 PM   #33
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
I would show it to your AD even if after 4 months. If the AD respects his clients and business he should take care of it no matter if he believes it’s their fault or yours.
If he deny taking responsibility at least advise him to give the person in charge of doing the resizing jobs a small course of how to handle this simple task without destroying the bracelet.
Old 20 January 2020, 06:04 PM   #34
grimps
"TRF" Member

I've had this happen twice over the years , Both times it was done by large chain ADs.
Goldsmiths in the UK an Sediqque in Dubai .
My local independent AD always does a prefect job and has even taken me into the workshop to show me the Rolex induction heater and tool kit.
I watched the Guy in Dubai hammer the screwdriver on a block in front of me and mangle the screw , I'd never let either them size a watch for me again
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 01:06 AM   #35
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Thats nasty....shame on them
Old 21 January 2020, 02:52 AM   #36
stanleyleecm
"TRF" Member

I would ask them to get you some new screws and replace it yourself with the right tool.
stanleyleecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 03:07 AM   #37
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Sadly this stuff just happens. Period. Am I “ok” with it, of course not, but the people at the AD are just human beings trying to provide a service. That’s it. I could just as easily do it myself to a watch or whatever.

And yes. It has happened to me at least twice. Many times with a bad job (like that) most ADs would replace the screws.

Spilt milk.
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 06:12 AM   #38
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
New screws please.
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 06:20 AM   #39
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I’ve done that myself to one of my own bracelets, despite generally being pretty handy (honest guv!) and having the right tools. So I genuinely wouldn’t get too wound up about it.

I understand that it’s not quite the same when somebody else does it to your stuff. But people do make mistakes. Life’s too short to waste too much energy on something like this IMO.

YMMV natch.
Old 21 January 2020, 06:23 AM   #40
Bigblu10
Banned

Just an FYI the SS bracelet pins may be of reasonable cost to replace, but can you imagine if the watch is 18K gold? The pins would mangle up more easily and they are very costly to replace with new.
I would never let an AD size a new watch no matter the metal. Take it home and use a proper hollow ground screwdriver and DIY
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 06:34 AM   #41
Gary Anderson
"TRF" Member

The screws cost about $1 each - just have your nearest AD order some and ask them to install them for you. I've no doubt they will take care if you highlight the original effort.
Gary Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 06:37 AM   #42
lamnyc
"TRF" Member

Even RSC wasn’t that careful from past experience.
lamnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 09:55 AM   #43
justintime1986
Banned

quite annoying... i would be really pissed
justintime1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 01:08 PM   #44
Skavary
"TRF" Member

Yea I may go ahead and ask them to replace the screws, which they probably will oblige. The other issue is the scratches on 2 of the links. Besides offering a polish, I doubt they’ll replace those links. Perhaps I should just ask for new screws and call it a day. Lol
Skavary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 07:27 AM   #45
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Not another post about AD scratching screws/links!

Two questions;

Has anyone heard of RSC damaging a screw/link, when making an adjustment for a customer?

Do RSC replace the screw with a new one once it’s been taken out, or do they simply screw back in using existing screw?

Thanks
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:20 AM   #46
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I would think that all the boutique/AD should have plenty of spare screws in their shop.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:47 AM   #47
DC116710LN
"TRF" Member

It seems like it's really bothering you so I would definitely go and politely speak with your AD. Quite a bit of time has passed, but your word that no one has touched the watch should be enough for a customer focused AD
DC116710LN is offline   Reply With Quote