The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 January 2020, 11:56 AM   #31
Tim010
"TRF" Member

I always find these threads entertaining with the guys who state they would refuse to take their watch off. Fine, you “can” refuse to take off your watch but just realize that some places will then refuse to let you proceed through security if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 12:48 PM   #32
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Never had any issues and have never been asked to take my watch off.... But recently went through with that pre-check thingy and wont ever go back to regular flying.. Not having to take shoes off is worth the price of admission.
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 05:36 PM   #33
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
TSA made a guy remove his diabetic socks exposing serious gout and toe fungus. It was terrible. Thought a toe nail was going to fall off.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 10:12 PM   #34
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim010 View Post
I always find these threads entertaining with the guys who state they would refuse to take their watch off. Fine, you “can” refuse to take off your watch but just realize that some places will then refuse to let you proceed through security if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Although this may or may not be true, the question was about the TSA in the USA.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:06 PM   #35
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Before I enter the screening line, I take my watch off and put it in an inner pocket in my carry-on pack, along with any other objects that would normally pass through the scanner in a plastic bin. When I get to my gate, I return everything to my person.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:12 PM   #36
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
Before I enter the screening line, I take my watch off and put it in an inner pocket in my carry-on pack, along with any other objects that would normally pass through the scanner in a plastic bin. When I get to my gate, I return everything to my person.
This is exactly what I do. Full gold watches have set off the metal detector, and then I was"that guy." Off it comes every time.

BTW-I use Clear and TSA pre-check. I highly recommend both (or Global Entry-international pre-check but you are still subject to the whims of airport personnel in other countries whose sense of authority can be, let's say warped) to anyone who flies
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 12:29 AM   #37
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
I use TSA Pre. Never been asked to take my watch off. Only issue I ever have is when I wear Alden shoes. The steel shank always sets the metal detector off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Same traffic, pre check and never remove my watch and always get dinged when wearing my Alden’s.

What is interesting is how inconsistent TSA is depending on which city you are flying from. For example, some let the iPad roll through while some have required me to remove it.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote