The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 January 2020, 02:54 PM   #1
nightmyth
"TRF" Member

How long is a typical wait for the WG OF Daytona?

Hi guys, first time posting here.

I am looking to buy a WG Daytona reference 116519LN and visited/phoned around a few ADs around my area (New England). Most said “no” until one store offered to special order it for me but required a 50% non-refundable deposit. I jumped the gun and paid the deposit. Now that I am locked in to this AD and this particular watch, does anyone know the typical wait time for it? Could it arrive at another close-by AD first or will it get re-routed to my AD because I requested it? I don’t know how scarce the watch is lately so I’m eager to hear any anecdotes/comments. Thanks
nightmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 03:07 PM   #2
cts
"TRF" Member

Shouldn’t take too long. 6-8 weeks most likely... Enjoy, that’s one beautiful timepiece!!!
cts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 05:41 PM   #3
DBlue2018
"TRF" Member

Without being rude you have spoken with the store and paid a deposit so you will no better than us as you will clearly have had that conversation with the AD!!

What else can we add?!
DBlue2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 05:48 PM   #4
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

AD said they had to get approval from Rolex to order. I left 100% deposit 2 months ago & was told 6+ months at that time!
Dr.Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 05:49 PM   #5
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
My AD is only getting one per year, so there might be a bit of a wait. Assume 12 months and you will probably get a nice surprise when it hopefully arrives early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 05:58 PM   #6
Atr365
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmyth View Post
Hi guys, first time posting here.

I am looking to buy a WG Daytona reference 116519LN and visited/phoned around a few ADs around my area (New England). Most said “no” until one store offered to special order it for me but required a 50% non-refundable deposit. I jumped the gun and paid the deposit. Now that I am locked in to this AD and this particular watch, does anyone know the typical wait time for it? Could it arrive at another close-by AD first or will it get re-routed to my AD because I requested it? I don’t know how scarce the watch is lately so I’m eager to hear any anecdotes/comments. Thanks
Good luck! No AD near me in the 500 miles radius would accept down payments.
Atr365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 08:20 PM   #7
DGB
"TRF" Member

It takes actually 6 months for the white gold Daytona.
For a stainless steel one it’d take 20 times this delay, at least for me.

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 09:22 PM   #8
mttb
"TRF" Member

I have been told a completely different answer, as I mentioned in a different reply that I am considering the WG and RG on an oysterflex, 3 to 4 months for both, no deposit required on either one
mttb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 01:25 AM   #9
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Hi. I’m also on the lookout for an OF Daytona. But instead of the WG one, I’m looking towards acquiring the YG one (116518LN). Just wondering if the waiting time for the YG one is shorter than the WG one? From what I heard it seems the WG one is more in demand hence longer wait? I might be wrong though.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 02:04 PM   #10
RailBird17
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Hi. I’m also on the lookout for an OF Daytona. But instead of the WG one, I’m looking towards acquiring the YG one (116518LN). Just wondering if the waiting time for the YG one is shorter than the WG one? From what I heard it seems the WG one is more in demand hence longer wait? I might be wrong though.
The AD I spoke to (Stockholm) said they recive about 4 YG to every WG.

The wait for a WG model seems to vary a lot depending on where you look. I have no history but been waiting about 16 months in Dubai and 6 months in Sweden whereas the wait in US seem alot shorter. No AD I spoke to took any deposits.
RailBird17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 02:19 PM   #11
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

I think you’re probably looking at a wait if 3-4 months... It’s a fantastic piece and it’s worth the wait. Good luck!

WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 06:56 PM   #12
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailBird17 View Post
The AD I spoke to (Stockholm) said they recive about 4 YG to every WG.

The wait for a WG model seems to vary a lot depending on where you look. I have no history but been waiting about 16 months in Dubai and 6 months in Sweden whereas the wait in US seem alot shorter. No AD I spoke to took any deposits.
Thank you for your reply. The WG one is certainly in demand as the dial has a 6263 Big Red Daytona feel to it. The reason I am opting for the YG is because I would like a little bit of variation in the collection. I just hope it does not have absurd waiting time like all the other SS models.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:24 PM   #13
spersky
"TRF" Member

Hello,

I am new to Rolex and this forums. I went to my local AD to buy a Rolex because I decided to finally get one. I did not want to deal with the greymarket prices. I asked about the SS Submariner and the SS Daytona even the GMT-II Batman, but my favorite was the WG Daytona. I was not sure about spending that much money even though I can afford it.

I saw none of the above listed watches in the case, but the jeweler went to his safe and pulled out the amazing 116519ln. He offered it to let me buy it. I asked why it was not in the case and hiding in the store safe. He said he gets about 50 calls a day for various Rolex watches including the Daytona models as well as and many calls for the 116519ln. They just got 2 in-stock and sold one to a wait list regular customer but they did not expect to get the extra one. They have a policy to screen for real customers and not "Flippers" and you need to be local to the area to buy Rolex. They prefer to establish a real customer relationship with a highly desirable Rolex, than to just sell it to someone who just wants to make a quick profit.

I loved the look of this watch, and promised I was not going to "flip it" Bought it and thanked him.

So you just never know you might get lucky. I honestly respect their policy and plan to get more from then to start a watch collection, and he added me to a list for some of my future wants. So I guess their strategy worked:)
spersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 09:28 AM   #14
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Mine was ordered and I received it in about three weeks. This was a NYC AD.

UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 10:12 AM   #15
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Interesting. I did not know they made the Daytona on OF. I’m currently saving for the rose gold Yact Master on the OF. I saw one in my AD about 3 weeks ago. I wondered if they could be ordered since they are PM watches and not SS.
Mr. Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 10:32 AM   #16
Strad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spersky View Post
Hello,

I am new to Rolex and this forums. I went to my local AD to buy a Rolex because I decided to finally get one. I did not want to deal with the greymarket prices. I asked about the SS Submariner and the SS Daytona even the GMT-II Batman, but my favorite was the WG Daytona. I was not sure about spending that much money even though I can afford it.

I saw none of the above listed watches in the case, but the jeweler went to his safe and pulled out the amazing 116519ln. He offered it to let me buy it. I asked why it was not in the case and hiding in the store safe. He said he gets about 50 calls a day for various Rolex watches including the Daytona models as well as and many calls for the 116519ln. They just got 2 in-stock and sold one to a wait list regular customer but they did not expect to get the extra one. They have a policy to screen for real customers and not "Flippers" and you need to be local to the area to buy Rolex. They prefer to establish a real customer relationship with a highly desirable Rolex, than to just sell it to someone who just wants to make a quick profit.

I loved the look of this watch, and promised I was not going to "flip it" Bought it and thanked him.

So you just never know you might get lucky. I honestly respect their policy and plan to get more from then to start a watch collection, and he added me to a list for some of my future wants. So I guess their strategy worked:)
I was offered that watch at my AD when it was $28,800. I don't think I would wear that watch that often. So, I turned it down. Maybe I made a mistake. Still waiting on a steel model.
Strad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 10:33 AM   #17
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I placed an order Feb. 2019 for the 116519LN. Just received the call this week to pick it up. Went in today to take a look however, it is not the right time for me (as I put money down for a house) so I asked to be pushed down on the list so the person after me can pick it up. AD said not a problem and would gladly push me down until I am ready! (This is the same AD I purchased my 116613LB (sold), SS BLRO, SS Daytona and SS Sky-D)

Wait time was less than one year. Was a great watch and you could feel the difference between the weight when comparing to the SS Daytona on OF.
stylinleems is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 01:23 PM   #18
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

How long is a typical wait for the WG OF Daytona?

I inquired about this watch here in Canada and this is the text I received from a SA I have a good relationship with.

So I ended up trading some watches with a buddy for his 116519. I have to say, it really is a beautiful piece. In my opinion it’s the nicest modern Daytona dial. You’ll love it. It’s definitely worth the wait.

DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 04:05 PM   #19
nightmyth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
Mine was ordered and I received it in about three weeks. This was a NYC AD.

When was it?
Old 27 January 2020, 01:06 AM   #20
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

What did your AD tell you when u out your deposit down?

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 01:09 AM   #21
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Buy it gray, the premium is a few grand which is the sales tax.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 01:33 AM   #22
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmyth View Post
When was it?

About a year ago.
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 04:06 AM   #23
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Was told by a Boston AD too that you can order it, however, I did not get into any specifics with them

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 05:09 AM   #24
MSchu
Banned

Does it need to be an LN? I know where a regular bezel WG white dial is at in a case.
MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 07:59 AM   #25
nightmyth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
What did your AD tell you when u out your deposit down?

The SA said she doesn’t know and it could be weeks or months. That gives me no real information
Old 27 January 2020, 10:38 AM   #26
davidrcpo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
It’s a great watch and very comfortable. I ordered and prepaid for mine from my AD after seeing photos of the watch here on the forum. At the time, the AD speculated 4-6 weeks. I actually received it about 2.5 weeks later. I have a long history with this AD.
davidrcpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 10:44 AM   #27
MikeT

Sitting in a display case at my AD now

MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 10:45 AM   #28
MikeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post

Sitting in a display case at my AD now

Actually that was about a week ago

MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 11:57 AM   #29
nightmyth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Actually that was about a week ago

I don’t see the Oysterflex model. I understand that the full White gold model is easier to find as fewer are able to afford
Old 28 January 2020, 10:14 AM   #30
L.Stano
"TRF" Member

Walked in to a AD in September and expressed interest in the 519LN. None in stock, She asked for my number and told me she will contact me with more information regarding the wait.
A few days later she texted me that she can have one in 3-4 months with a 5% deposit(usually 10%)
I told her I'd get back to her since I was not 100% on the 519LN because I've never seen It in person and there were 2 other watches I was also interested in one of which was the 518LN Black dial. She said no problem just let me know what you decide. Few months go by and I kind of wasnt giving it to much thought and she texted me early December(3 months later) with a pic of a 519LN she just got in. Told her I'd be there in the morning.
Checked it out and loved it so I bought it.
Timing was perfect before the price increase so I'm happy. Such a great understated lowkey timepiece. Perfect summer watch.
L.Stano is offline   Reply With Quote