The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2014, 01:50 PM   #61
motoikkyu
"TRF" Member

Anyone knows the true measure of a man are the dimensions of his private parts, the price of his watch might not be relevant. After all, think of how many on the Forum have inherited fine watches. Honestly, I enjoy my manual-wind, time-only, 6424 every bit as much as my Daytona. People notice my Breitling more than any of my Rolex, it's just flashier.
motoikkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 01:52 PM   #62
BomB#Frog
"TRF" Member

That's too bad you felt weird. I think Buddha said "comparison is the thief of joy."
BomB#Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 02:55 PM   #63
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBacon!974 View Post
Cheap isn't a word I would use to describe a Rolex. Maybe you had a model that was less expensive than others. I have a few Rolex watches from a DD to AirKing and none were cheap. Just my 2 cents. Cheers!
I agree!

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 04:07 PM   #64
007bond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomB#Frog View Post
That's too bad you felt weird. I think Buddha said "comparison is the thief of joy."
I agree with this.
Well said, partner!
007bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 08:59 PM   #65
Roger1079
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
The irony is that cheaper models are in better taste.

For example, I find an Air King, Explorer, or SS Datejust so much better looking than a platinum Daydate with scores of diamonds.
I agree with you as diamonds, even as markers on a dial are too flashy for me. I feel the same about yellow gold. That is why I chose WG for my Daytona. It gets recognized as a Rolex Daytona on occasion, but I have yet to have anyone pick up on it being precious metal which I like as it doesn't advertise that I am wearing the equivalent cost of a decent new car on my wrist.

Take the diamonds out of your statement though and IMO, no Rolex can compete with the looks of an Ice Blue dial Platinum Day-Date.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 11:27 PM   #66
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
It all boils down to why you own it. If you A) love your watch and B) you use it for the intended purpose, then just enjoy it period. The only reason to flip it is when A) and B) don't add up.

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 11:45 PM   #67
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Some people may save years in order to buy a Rolex and others where money is not an issue can buy platinum models without hesitation. Just because your watch isn't the most expensive in the room doesn't make it any less attractive. To me, a Rolex is a sign of good taste and appreciation for a fine timepiece, no matter what model or how much money you have.
Old 23 September 2014, 12:50 AM   #68
irish john
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex ,PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
Some people may save years in order to buy a Rolex and others where money is not an issue can buy platinum models without hesitation. Just because your watch isn't the most expensive in the room doesn't make it any less attractive. To me, a Rolex is a sign of good taste and appreciation for a fine timepiece, no matter what model or how much money you have.
Well said
irish john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2014, 02:43 AM   #69
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
When my family goes to our Florida home, I love to walk around a local shopping area called Saint Armand's Circle. It is one of the few places where hundred-thousand-dollar watches are common among those walking around. Several shops also offer watches rarely seen, such as Greubel-Forsey, and other very high end watches. We all find our niches that make us comfortable. I could not see me wearing two Ferrari's or a house on my wrist.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote