The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 July 2017, 01:14 AM   #1
johndncva
"TRF" Member

Difference between Z series and V series Submariner watch

Hello, I am a new comer to this forum, currently I have a Datejust II and looking for a previously owned Submariner. Can you tell me the differences between these two series and are they representing different versions of the Submariner. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
johndncva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 01:17 AM   #2
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
This would represent the year they are produced. Shouldn't be any differences unless it was on a year they made drastic changes, in that case you would know just by looking at them
Old 10 July 2017, 01:24 AM   #3
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Engraved rehaut.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 02:04 AM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndncva View Post
Hello, I am a new comer to this forum, currently I have a Datejust II and looking for a previously owned Submariner. Can you tell me the differences between these two series and are they representing different versions of the Submariner. Thank you.

First Rolex have never made a series of any watch they are just case serials.And since the introduction of the 16610 in 1988/9 with the cal 3135 its has not changed a lot till present time.Main change to the 16610 around 1998 the change from Tritium lume to Luminover lume.Around 2000 the SEL bracelet around 2001 introduction of the LEC in crystal.End of Y serial early into 2003 the non lugs holes cases started to make there appearance on most models.The Rolex Rolex Rolex on the Rehaut ring from around 2004/5 on, so any change to any 16610 is purely cosmetic.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 02:31 AM   #5
bcmind
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
First Rolex have never made a series of any watch they are just case serials.And since the introduction of the 16610 in 1988/9 with the cal 3135 its has not changed a lot till present time.Main change to the 16610 around 1998 the change from Tritium lume to Luminover lume.Around 2000 the SEL bracelet around 2001 introduction of the LEC in crystal.End of Y serial early into 2003 the non lugs holes cases started to make there appearance on most models.The Rolex Rolex Rolex on the Rehaut ring from around 2004/5 on, so any change to any 16610 is purely cosmetic.
Wow... What a reply.. i learned a few thinks out of it... Thank you so much..
bcmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 03:02 AM   #6
DenaliHD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor GMT
Quote:
Learn something new every day!
DenaliHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 03:21 AM   #7
johndncva
"TRF" Member

Thank you, it will definitely help when I look at the classify section.

johndncva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 04:03 AM   #8
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
So regarding the links in the bracelet, an after 2ooo 5 digit Sub has the same solid links as the 6 digit?
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 05:30 AM   #9
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord91 View Post
So regarding the links in the bracelet, an after 2ooo 5 digit Sub has the same solid links as the 6 digit?
No. 5 digit Subs never had solid links, and Sub Dates only had solid end-links.
Old 10 July 2017, 06:16 AM   #10
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Thank's for the answer
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote