The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 October 2017, 10:32 PM   #31
Beowulf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_link View Post
Just a word of caution. I have been timing mine using that app and making a burst photo with a time stamp as the second hand was at 12 o’clock.
The app itself wasn’t always precise as I saw in comparison. Unfortunately it doesn’t allow for charting the watch precision development over many days, so I can’t found that on actual data.
With the photo method I have now many months of measurements so I can trust that one.
I found this app cute but very limited and not particularly accurate. A manual mode is working better for me.

Been using this one for a long time, it's ugly but functional.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tchcheck&hl=en

Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 01:07 AM   #32
wongwong5
"TRF" Member

How accurate would you say that app is?
wongwong5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 02:26 AM   #33
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
I've been wearing my BLNR for a month straight for the last 20 days and it hasn't lost more than a total of 2 seconds the entire time. Its the best time keeping Rolex I've owned so far.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 02:50 AM   #34
F308gt4
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR Modificata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Been using this one for a long time, it's ugly but functional.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tchcheck&hl=en
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwong5 View Post
I’m using the watch check app also. It’s only as accurate as you are when you click the button to match the exact time. My BLNR is about +1 second since I reset the time on Oct 1st. Watch check gives me an average rate of 0.1 second/day, but I’ve noticed that the daily deviation varies from -0.9 seconds to +0.8 seconds. This likely has to do with how close I am to zero when I click the button in the app. Not perfect, but close enough for curiosity sake.

I love my BLNR, and it’s the most accurate mechanical watch I’ve ever owned. My SubC (sold when I got the BLNR) was less than +2 seconds/day.
F308gt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 04:32 AM   #35
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
TBH, I didn't buy my BLNR for the accuracy and I couldn't care less if it's a little slow or fast. I'll never notice a couple minutes here or there, anyway. I just love the beauty and craftsmanship of it.
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 04:43 AM   #36
broken_link
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwong5 View Post

Toolwatch was oscillating between 0 and -1,5 thus making it useless. My watch runs ~-0,5s/d when aggregated over a week.
broken_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 04:56 AM   #37
teb1013
"TRF" Member

I use Watch Tracker, it is, of course dependent on your accuracy in pushing the screen at the right moment. I usually average a number of days. My BLNR is still in the pre-purchase phase, but I will undoubtedly check it daily like I do my other watches. Over 11 days, my old Datejust is running +1.9 spd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
teb1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 05:07 AM   #38
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
The power of technology
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 04:25 PM   #39
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_link View Post
Just a word of caution. I have been timing mine using that app and making a burst photo with a time stamp as the second hand was at 12 o’clock.
The app itself wasn’t always precise as I saw in comparison. Unfortunately it doesn’t allow for charting the watch precision development over many days, so I can’t found that on actual data.
With the photo method I have now many months of measurements so I can trust that one.
To be honest, I view this just as a fun thing. It’s not really that important to me how my watches run, so long as they are in the ballpark of a few seconds per day. But you’re certainly right, the concept alone of tapping a button on a particular moment forbids any real precision to begin with.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 05:43 PM   #40
geebob
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyPro Explorer
BLNR accuracy.

I have watchtracker and just like everyone else here, I use it more as a guidance to show me how much faster or slower my watch is, and for fun.

When I purchased the app, I was expecting it to be some kind of a tool to measure the accuracy of my Speed, I thoght I can use it for that. But after a while...after adding several data points, I found that it’s not. Tapping the button at the right moment is difficult. It’s a hit and miss to me. I can not be that accurate, so my result certainly is not accurate.
geebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 05:50 PM   #41
broken_link
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
To be honest, I view this just as a fun thing. It’s not really that important to me how my watches run, so long as they are in the ballpark of a few seconds per day. But you’re certainly right, the concept alone of tapping a button on a particular moment forbids any real precision to begin with.

I’m a physicist by education. By averaging out that human error it should be possible to get to a decent result after 4-10 measures. But that particular tool didn’t seem doing that.
broken_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 06:30 PM   #42
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Why not add/subtract about 0.2 sec for 'finger push' error and cancel it out.

Then consider the delay between looking at the correct web time and then your second hand?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote