The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 October 2017, 11:21 AM   #1
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Sourcing Rolexes

Can anyone give me a list of Grey Dealer's in the UK that can source a new Watch for me . Next year I will be in the market for a new Rolex. I've already bought two Rolexes from a Grey Dealer in the North of England & they source Watches for you which I will be checking out. But I would really like to have a choice to see if I can even get a better deal though the Grey Dealer I used on the two occasions I have bought Rolexes they have been very reasonable. I'm just keeping my option's open
bobby81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 12:11 AM   #2
REFZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Rolex Way
You could use Chrono24 to find some UK (grey) dealers/sellers.
Old 21 October 2017, 12:21 AM   #3
Ad11wrd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby81 View Post
Can anyone give me a list of Grey Dealer's in the UK that can source a new Watch for me . Next year I will be in the market for a new Rolex. I've already bought two Rolexes from a Grey Dealer in the North of England & they source Watches for you which I will be checking out. But I would really like to have a choice to see if I can even get a better deal though the Grey Dealer I used on the two occasions I have bought Rolexes they have been very reasonable. I'm just keeping my option's open
I don’t see how you would get a better deal, from the AD you will pay the RRP less a discount if you are lucky. Gray dealer you will pay a premium.
Ad11wrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 12:36 AM   #4
novocainekarma
"TRF" Member

H&y jewellry, iconic watches, official watches.
I prefer h&y.
novocainekarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 01:07 AM   #5
Fletcher UK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
Top Notch Watches?

I haven't used them personally but know of a couple who have and reports were OK.
Fletcher UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 01:09 AM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
the only way this makes sense is if you are in the market for a gold watch or maybe an explorer ii. Otherwise you won't get a deal from a grey dealer and will pay over list price by a lot. At least they have watches available though.

What were you looking to find?
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 01:22 AM   #7
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
WTB section.

or go to the Classifieds and search UK, England, The island with no rolexeses, Berwick-upon-Tweed... etc.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 01:29 AM   #8
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I think due to lack of supply in the UK gone are the days of grey supplying cheaper (for now). Many were imports from Italy and Greece among others countries but back Then it was as high as 1.40€ to the £, now it’s more like 1.12€.

If you know what you want get on a list at a couple of AD’s.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 03:08 AM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Chronext, Official Watches, Dom Hackett and maybe Blowers can source new watches like Iconic.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 03:10 AM   #10
Boothy84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR, DJ
Watchfinder
Boothy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 01:45 PM   #11
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Icon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
the only way this makes sense is if you are in the market for a gold watch or maybe an explorer ii. Otherwise you won't get a deal from a grey dealer and will pay over list price by a lot. At least they have watches available though.

In Ireland the price of a T/T Daytona 116503 with MOP Diamond Dial is
20,250 Euros as opposed to 14,350 GBP in the UK where I have already purchased two Rolexes & saved about 3,500 to 4,000 Euros. So taking everything into consideration such as flight's conversion rates etc if pricing stay's the same there's a big saving to be made & as I'm only interested in T/T Models it's a big saving's. The reason I asked if anyone could advise me of Grey Dealer's who can source Watches. The Dealer I have used in the past Iconicwatches have been great & very easy to get to from Dublin Ireland but I would like to have a choice if I don't get a deal from Iconicwatches. I have looked up chrono 24 but I would be apprehensive of this site
Old 21 October 2017, 05:12 PM   #12
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In Ireland the price of a T/T Daytona 116503 with MOP Diamond Dial is
20,250 Euros as opposed to 14,350 GBP in the UK where I have already purchased two Rolexes & saved about 3,500 to 4,000 Euros. So taking everything into consideration such as flight's conversion rates etc if pricing stay's the same there's a big saving to be made & as I'm only interested in T/T Models it's a big saving's. The reason I asked if anyone could advise me of Grey Dealer's who can source Watches. The Dealer I have used in the past Iconicwatches have been great & very easy to get to from Dublin Ireland but I would like to have a choice if I don't get a deal from Iconicwatches. I have looked up chrono 24 but I would be apprehensive of this site
for TT you could get a deal from a grey seller in the UK. Try WF. I assumed you were trying for SS watches as that isn't going to be a good deal for you.

WF is a legitimate business with physical locations. Chrono 24 is a platform for many sellers, and you have to do your research on individual sellers there as some are good and some are not.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 09:57 PM   #13
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Icon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

A T/T Daytona 116503 with White MOP Diamond Dial. I've already purchased two T/T Models from a Grey Dealer in the North of England a Daytona 116503 & a Sub 116613LB at considerable savings but I think I'd like to shop around for my next Watch