The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Like the 40th Pieces?
Yes 54 19.15%
No 197 69.86%
Wait to See 31 10.99%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 October 2016, 02:07 PM   #91
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Without the large dial text they would be fine, there is nearly always a knee jerk reaction to new models coming out and that tends to soften once members actually see and buy the watches, the Platona being a prime example with a lot of initial disdain for the brown, so this is no real surprise as the dial text and diamonds were not ever really asked for here.
Ah, yes - the Pootona.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2016, 02:10 PM   #92
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...Your Thoughts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Courtesy of Patekaholic. In the metal
Nice picture, anniversary date looks more subtle in this shot compared to some others.
I like this new 5711p providing the date is fairly subtle and not too conspicuous.
(I don't mind the diamond markers because I think they are tastefully done)
I voted wait and see, but I have a feeling I'll like the 5711p.
brmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2016, 02:50 PM   #93
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Ah that's naughty as you should put the photo owners bsnrbsg leadtvasca rsg! The question was mine which he hadn't answered. So that in itself is an answer!
I think i was saying "photo owners hashtag"....
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2016, 04:56 PM   #94
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I was at my AD yesterday, zero orders for the chrono, one order for the platinum.
I spoke with my AD last week, he said that they had at least 20 serious requests from long term customers/collectors regarding the anniversary pieces.

When I mentioned the negative response on the various forums, he just laughed, I guess business is business.

Visited another dealer last week,they also said that they had 5-6 requests for their names to be put forward.
Old 17 October 2016, 04:59 PM   #95
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
It is a great shame the non Rolex parts of this forum have increasingly descended into rudeness and personal slights. Certainly a good reason to particate less going forward.
Roger, fully agree:thumbs:

A bit likes moths flying around a light bulb!
Old 17 October 2016, 10:49 PM   #96
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
My AD claims they have submitted a very long list of interested parties, and he has no reason to lie to me.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2016, 11:05 PM   #97
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
My AD claims they have submitted a very long list of interested parties, and he has no reason to lie to me.
Hope this time you are luckier than the 175th!!
Old 18 October 2016, 12:41 AM   #98
jonathan17
"TRF" Member

Watch: ??? Yes please!
Quote:
I think roger in asia there is alot of interest specially in Indonesia, lots of friends there prefer diamonds on watches so this is a big hit.

Singapore i was told also has a high demand of interest for both ref but mostly for the 5711P 40th.
jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 03:29 AM   #99
unknown
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat30093 View Post
I spoke with my AD last week, he said that they had at least 20 serious requests from long term customers/collectors regarding the anniversary pieces.

When I mentioned the negative response on the various forums, he just laughed, I guess business is business.

Visited another dealer last week,they also said that they had 5-6 requests for their names to be put forward.
Quote:

Good to know

Said it from day one
Nice Watches just to many old fashioned guys complaining too much

;-)
Old 18 October 2016, 03:50 AM   #100
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Good to know

Said it from day one
Nice Watches just to many old fashioned guys complaining too much

;-)
So Bruno did you jump in
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 04:17 AM   #101
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
I personally like it. Its moving with the bigger size watch trend. I personally have a smaller wrist so I'm totally ok with going with the original but have nothing against the new nautilus.

I really like the blue of the dial and I'm the type of guy that wouldn't shy away from diamonds on the right piece.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 04:54 AM   #102
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
So Bruno did you jump in

Your third option. ...... Wait to see
Old 18 October 2016, 05:49 AM   #103
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Mine too, more demands for the 5711P but for the 5976 as well...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 06:36 AM   #104
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Your third option. ...... Wait to see
Old 18 October 2016, 07:14 AM   #105
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
I like them , I just think they are not worth it. At that price point, there are better choices
IMHO

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 03:56 PM   #106
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
I like them , I just think they are not worth it. At that price point, there are better choices
IMHO
You certainly can get a PC at this level. How does the price differ from original 5711P without the extra diamonds, gold dial and the extra embossing? I heard $90 000....

The after VAT price in the UK will be circa $86 000 for the 40th which is a similar pricing level (if my figures above are correct)...

Lot of money for a Nautilus in any event (I forgot the diamond speck you get at 6 0 clock)
Old 18 October 2016, 04:17 PM   #107
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Do You Like the 40th Pieces?

Quote:
You certainly can get a PC at this level. How does the price differ from original 5711P without the extra diamonds, gold dial and the extra embossing? I heard $90 000....

The after VAT price in the UK will be circa $86 000 for the 40th which is a similar pricing level (if my figures above are correct)...

Lot of money for a Nautilus in any event (I forgot the diamond speck you get at 6 0 clock)
Well to me the essence of Patek relies on the dressy complicated watches, I love Nautilus, I owe one; but I can't put my head around paying Complications money on sport watches. That's my humble opinion, of course you don't have to agree with me. But is also true that no matter how you can justify paying all this money on a Nautilus, I can't follow that logic.

It makes more sense for a season collector that already have his quota of complicated watches and want something different and has the money to spare. Again this is IMHO because at the end you buy what makes you happy
Cheers !

Albert Einstein
Old 18 October 2016, 05:51 PM   #108
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan17 View Post
I think roger in asia there is alot of interest specially in Indonesia, lots of friends there prefer diamonds on watches so this is a big hit.

Singapore i was told also has a high demand of interest for both ref but mostly for the 5711P 40th.
Quite possibly Jon but my name is down in the UK. After the total lack of proactivity from my AD in Asia on my 5131 and the 175th requests I have switched allegiance.

Does this make me any more optimistic for my chances? No, since Patek have done nothing for me whatsoever to suggest they value my business.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 05:52 PM   #109
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
Well to me the essence of Patek relies on the dressy complicated watches, I love Nautilus, I owe one; but I can't put my head around paying Complications money on sport watches. That's my humble opinion, of course you don't have to agree with me. But is also true that no matter how you can justify paying all this money on a Nautilus, I can't follow that logic.

It makes more sense for a season collector that already have his quota of complicated watches and want something different and has the money to spare. Again this is IMHO because at the end you buy what makes you happy
Cheers !
Certainly an interesting price point for a Nautilus. I have absolutely not concept of the various assembly times of a movement and the time to make the parts involved but a very quick comparison shows 213 parts in the Nautilus Calibre 324 compared to say 239 parts in the WT Calibre 240 HU and 275 parts in the PC 240 Q.
So the difference is 213 parts compared to 275 parts. A meaningless comparison I know but nevertheless interesting. At this level the price reflects far more than simply the watch functions - an obvious statement since many manufacturers make complicated watches at a fraction of the Patek price.
I would also suggest the Nautilus range (any of them) has now moved far beyond being a simple sports watch and the styling does mean it works for both dress up and dress down occasions - part of it's appeal. As always, the proof will be in the pudding but I am a big fan of the 5711P based on the pictures and contrary to most I love the dial design.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 07:54 PM   #110
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Quite possibly Jon but my name is down in the UK. After the total lack of proactivity from my AD in Asia on my 5131 and the 175th requests I have switched allegiance.

Does this make me any more optimistic for my chances? No, since Patek have done nothing for me whatsoever to suggest they value my business.
I think with your recent incoming I wouldn't worry about not getting an allocation! Your AD would be sure to push!!
Old 18 October 2016, 09:28 PM   #111
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5131R,6263,5712T
Had the pleasure of meeting the new PP 5976 last night.. We had a vintage Rolex watch event here in Dubai and one collector as he walked in I spotted this beast.. I have to say my impression was as I thought before seeing it.. Stunning looking watch but it's hefty and large, way too large for me.. The engraving isn't too noticeable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4850.jpg (81.3 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4849.jpg (57.4 KB, 121 views)
Jetkopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 09:37 PM   #112
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkopite View Post
Had the pleasure of meeting the new PP 5976 last night.. We had a vintage Rolex watch event here in Dubai and one collector as he walked in I spotted this beast.. I have to say my impression was as I thought before seeing it.. Stunning looking watch but it's hefty and large, way too large for me.. The engraving isn't too noticeable.
I NEVER thought I'd say this, but it almost looks too big? Maybe it's the angle on the pic and they way it's laying on your wrist.

Great catch BTW
Old 18 October 2016, 09:42 PM   #113
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

That's not on my wrist but a friends as I took that... It is big for sure but that blue dial is stunning as I expected it to be...
Old 18 October 2016, 09:45 PM   #114
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkopite View Post
That's not on my wrist but a friends as I took that... It is big for sure but that blue dial is stunning as I expected it to be...
Yeah I bet sized on the wrist it's probably much better.

Will be very interested if they introduce a similar size none LE at Baselworld.
Old 18 October 2016, 09:47 PM   #115
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Looks great, but possibly too big. Going by that photo the 5711 should be amazing
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2016, 09:53 PM   #116
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Certainly an interesting price point for a Nautilus. I have absolutely not concept of the various assembly times of a movement and the time to make the parts involved but a very quick comparison shows 213 parts in the Nautilus Calibre 324 compared to say 239 parts in the WT Calibre 240 HU and 275 parts in the PC 240 Q.

So the difference is 213 parts compared to 275 parts. A meaningless comparison I know but nevertheless interesting. At this level the price reflects far more than simply the watch functions - an obvious statement since many manufacturers make complicated watches at a fraction of the Patek price.

I would also suggest the Nautilus range (any of them) has now moved far beyond being a simple sports watch and the styling does mean it works for both dress up and dress down occasions - part of it's appeal. As always, the proof will be in the pudding but I am a big fan of the 5711P based on the pictures and contrary to most I love the dial design.

Interesting rationale, I guess if you allocate number of parts , time of manufacturing, evolution of the sport watch , etc ; Then you can quickly validate their pricing.
But the intangible factor is the one in question here and yes is a subjective one, and that is how the individual perceives the brand (in this case the individual is me, lol) and their position in the horology world. I supposed you can say that my perception is the barrier here and you will be right on that one ; because yes to me Patek is conceived different in my mind, I allocate more value to a dressy complicated watch than a Nautilus that probably has as much job and/or parts in the making. Again this is intangible and subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albert Einstein
Old 18 October 2016, 09:54 PM   #117
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post
Looks great, but possibly too big. Going by that photo the 5711 should be amazing
I think the 5711P will look and feel amazing after seeing that last night, but that price for a sports model is crazy..
Old 18 October 2016, 10:18 PM   #118
KarlS
Banned

Good spot Andy. Now we know they are in the wild!
Old 18 October 2016, 10:40 PM   #119
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good spot Andy. Now we know they are in the wild!
Well this particular collector is so high up the food chain I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Stern presented it to him at the launch, there is nothing he cannot get.... He has every Patek made and most of the one offs has ended up to him... Very humble and down to earth guy who loves his watches..
Old 18 October 2016, 10:47 PM   #120
texex91
"TRF" Member

One has landed in SG as well https://www.instagram.com/phenixist/