The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 January 2008, 03:46 AM   #331
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
I need to catch up on some thread reading..
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 04:06 AM   #332
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Ditto here on the whole 'trampy jeans' thing! What is it with these girls? Where are their mothers? And UGH, the guys with their boxers showing! Really, I mean most of them can hardly walk because their pants are down so low. It's a joke!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 04:21 AM   #333
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arttay10 View Post
I need to catch up on some thread reading..
Hi Stuart!!
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 04:23 AM   #334
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Ditto here on the whole 'trampy jeans' thing! What is it with these girls? Where are their mothers? And UGH, the guys with their boxers showing! Really, I mean most of them can hardly walk because their pants are down so low. It's a joke!
Agreed, Karis.....especially the bit about some idiots who wear their jeans so damn low that I have the sudden urge to go behind them and just tug the jeans right off!!

However, in all fairness to the hip-huggers on SOME girls, and SOME girls only, they do look good!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 04:29 AM   #335
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Okay, I realize that I'm male, and maybe trespassing in here, but I agree that a woman should wear what looks BEST on HER, not what the fashonistas say you should wear. As a 35 y.o. man who is married, but admits to glancing at an attractive woman, I can say that the whole jeans that act like a push-up bra for the bottom don't do it for me. If you are very petite and it doesn't "muffin" than fine. Most the time I think they change the cut on clothes (particularly jeans) just to make you buy more to "stay in style" and thereby increase their sales. I will say that men should also only wear what is flattering and going shirtless on a man who's body is terrible is as bad as a woman showing bunched up skin too. Now I'm realizing that my pic posted here has me shirtless - so I'm sure I'll get some flak for my VERY less-than-perfect body! C'est la vie.
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 04:30 AM   #336
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Agreed, Karis.....especially the bit about some idiots who wear their jeans so damn low that I have the sudden urge to go behind them and just tug the jeans right off!!

However, in all fairness to the hip-huggers on SOME girls, and SOME girls only, they do look good!!!
Oh, don't get me wrong...the really skinny (as in stick thin) gals can certainly pull it off and kudos to them! It's just ridiculous how some others try to wiggle their way into pants that are clearly too small. They can't be comfortable
Old 5 January 2008, 04:30 AM   #337
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Pat, you are quite enlightened for a guy - especially a guy in a band!

I'm with you, girls. Women can dress modestly and still look attractive - though it does take a bit more effort. And I know that those of us with daughters realise the particular importance of this as well. Have you seen some of the awful clothes they make for the preschool/elementary school girls??

Lisa, I'm going to check out those jeans the next time I'm at Old Navy. I've had good luck with Levi's Relaxed boot cut jeans as well. I have very long legs, so I have an impossible time finding jeans that fit properly!
.Member #5380
Old 5 January 2008, 04:31 AM   #338
kcmo
"TRF" Member

I agree David...we should all aim for what FLATTERS our INDIVIDUAL BODIES!
Old 5 January 2008, 04:33 AM   #339
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong...the really skinny (as in stick thin) gals can certainly pull it off and kudos to them! It's just ridiculous how some others try to wiggle their way into pants that are clearly too small. They can't be comfortable
Well, they don't have to be really too skinny (I like a woman with some meat on her bones!!)

But if she has a nice figure with long legs, a really small waistline and what have you, I think she could carry off a hip-hugger, low slung pair of jeans with grace and a helluva lot of sex appeal!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 5 January 2008, 04:35 AM   #340
kcmo
"TRF" Member

True JJ!
Old 5 January 2008, 05:10 AM   #341
Mrdi
Banned

[QUOTE=Elaine;392474]hmmmmmmm ...... which length of skirt do you like to wear JJ ?

JJ's skirt only needs to cover his appendage...
So Mini is the correct size.
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 05:11 AM   #342
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

[QUOTE=Mrdi;403782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
hmmmmmmm ...... which length of skirt do you like to wear JJ ?

Old 5 January 2008, 05:23 AM   #343
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigsecret View Post
...So we're with you Pat! (Couldn't you figure the women here on TRF have a little more class than that??)

Absolutely!!

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 05:26 AM   #344
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Pull up a chair, Ren. I've switched to decaf since it's about time to turn in *yawwwnnn....*
Chair has been pulled Lisa! I have to say this thread is on of the better non watch related threads I have yet followed here on TRF... keep up the good ladies!

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 06:15 AM   #345
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Pat, you are quite enlightened for a guy - especially a guy in a band!

I'm with you, girls. Women can dress modestly and still look attractive - though it does take a bit more effort. And I know that those of us with daughters realise the particular importance of this as well. Have you seen some of the awful clothes they make for the preschool/elementary school girls??

Lisa, I'm going to check out those jeans the next time I'm at Old Navy. I've had good luck with Levi's Relaxed boot cut jeans as well. I have very long legs, so I have an impossible time finding jeans that fit properly!
You know, Pat knows where it's at! And not married, either. See why I think we need to find him a woman?

Carolina, don't get me started on the sleazy clothes they make for little girls! It incenses me. However, the blame lies with their mothers who support the market for such things buy buying them for their daughters. Moms who no doubt squeeze themselves into low-slung hiphuggers and midriff baring tops themselves, stretch marks be damned!

There's something to be said for waiting until my later thirties to start having kids - body's on the way out anyhow! I got all my exhibitionism out of my system!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 07:00 AM   #346
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Stuart!!
Hi All or (Evening my side)
Old 5 January 2008, 07:05 AM   #347
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Good point, Lisa. Simple economics - supply and demand. I suppose the industry wouldn't put it out there if the market didn't exist.

Wait, what's this?? Pat's not married?!? Hmmm, there has to be a nice, single, rolex loving, non lowrise jeans wearing, music appreciating, demure young lady to be found!
.Member #5380
Old 5 January 2008, 07:08 AM   #348
arttay10
"TRF" Member

My other half is a Mangeress of Chain Ladies Clothes Store in the U.K, so my comments on Young Fashion can only be based on what I see out and about.

Girls with thongs showing above Jeans etc.- should have a little more self respect- the word 'Sexy' in that look applies to around 1 in God knows how many......

Guys with the Ass of their jeans round their knees - what is that look all about??
How can walking around with a Pair of jeans looking like you've sh*t your pants, be fashionable
Old 5 January 2008, 07:36 AM   #349
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Whatever you do, don't even think about trying to fix me up with this one...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 07:46 AM   #350
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good point, Lisa. Simple economics - supply and demand. I suppose the industry wouldn't put it out there if the market didn't exist.

Wait, what's this?? Pat's not married?!? Hmmm, there has to be a nice, single, rolex loving, non lowrise jeans wearing, music appreciating, demure young lady to be found!
I'm fond of saying "the masses are asses." In matters of taste and style, in this case! Oh, well, I'm no fashion plate anyhow - jeans and clogs and low maintenance is my style. Has to be, as a mom - I know you can relate! In my working days I was a clothes horse and did really have some cute stuff. Now, if I tried on any of those high heels I used to have I'd surely fall over. I see pics of Gwen Stefani mincing around in sky-high heels holding her little baby and I am impressed - if it were me I'd be worried about losing my balance and dropping the babe.

As for our buddy Pat, I've been thinking that very thing - there must be a mate for him out there! Oh, Pat? What say you? Hmmm?
Old 5 January 2008, 07:47 AM   #351
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Oh! Pat, I see you've beat me to the punch. For the longest time I thought that was a real woman. I'd wince every time that mug popped up!
Old 5 January 2008, 07:53 AM   #352
arttay10
"TRF" Member

looks like your luck could be in here Pat.....

Old 5 January 2008, 07:57 AM   #353
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Whatever you do, don't even think about trying to fix me up with this one...

Gawd dammit, this is the BEST PS job I've come across, period I bow to this master
Old 5 January 2008, 08:14 AM   #354
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My other half is a Mangeress of Chain Ladies Clothes Store in the U.K, so my comments on Young Fashion can only be based on what I see out and about.

Girls with thongs showing above Jeans etc.- should have a little more self respect- the word 'Sexy' in that look applies to around 1 in God knows how many......

Guys with the Ass of their jeans round their knees - what is that look all about??
How can walking around with a Pair of jeans looking like you've sh*t your pants, be fashionable
Hey Stu, you're right! It's about self-respect and pride. I mean, really, they have no idea what impression they're giving off
Old 5 January 2008, 08:23 AM   #355
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Okay, I realize that I'm male, and maybe trespassing in here, but I agree that a woman should wear what looks BEST on HER, not what the fashonistas say you should wear. As a 35 y.o. man who is married, but admits to glancing at an attractive woman, I can say that the whole jeans that act like a push-up bra for the bottom don't do it for me. If you are very petite and it doesn't "muffin" than fine. Most the time I think they change the cut on clothes (particularly jeans) just to make you buy more to "stay in style" and thereby increase their sales. I will say that men should also only wear what is flattering and going shirtless on a man who's body is terrible is as bad as a woman showing bunched up skin too. Now I'm realizing that my pic posted here has me shirtless - so I'm sure I'll get some flak for my VERY less-than-perfect body! C'est la vie.
I dunno, David. You look pretty good to me.
Old 5 January 2008, 08:26 AM   #356
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Stu, you're right! It's about self-respect and pride. I mean, really, they have no idea what impression they're giving off
The trouble is - whats next.... ?

- on a side issue I believe that 70's flair etc, are back in fashion this year !!

I love the seventies look - wide collars and flaired jeans
Old 5 January 2008, 10:13 AM   #357
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
[QUOTE=Mrdi;403782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
hmmmmmmm ...... which length of skirt do you like to wear JJ ?

Micro mini
Old 5 January 2008, 10:14 AM   #358
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:

What about your neighbor that you were telling us about before?

Or was it Lisa's neighbor?
Old 5 January 2008, 10:16 AM   #359
Ashley
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=mailman;404214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdi View Post

Micro mini
You guys are so awesome
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 10:20 AM   #360
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The trouble is - whats next.... ?

- on a side issue I believe that 70's flair etc, are back in fashion this year !!

I love the seventies look - wide collars and flaired jeans

retro!