The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 October 2016, 05:37 AM   #31
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyim View Post
Another option is to consolidate. Sell the vette.

Get a 991 C4S cab. Drop top sports car all year round.
I looked hard at this and other Porsche models when I bought the S5. It is one the short list if I do not go to a two car set up. Do not have a Vette, considering going from one all purpose vehicle to two as I have had in the past.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 05:40 AM   #32
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kram View Post
the current audi S6 is very impressive. i love mine and i've owned many AMG and M products.

as for the caddy, i've never thought that fit and finish matches their german competitors.
For the most part, I agree. Certainly agree with the fondness of the Audi S's. Also had BMW M and MB AMG products in the past and overall prefer the Audi.
Old 1 October 2016, 05:55 AM   #33
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Thank for all the replies. I do not have the resources that some of you guys have, so I have to be somewhat conservative in how I approach this.

I drove a XTS V sport with the twin turbo 410HP engine a couple of days ago. Lightly used with most of the big depreciation already eaten...Really liked it. Super comfortable and a touch bigger inside than the CT6. Not nearly as cool as the CT6, but for a winter "beater", it may have moved to the top of the list.

Drove some Lexus in the summer and really like the car, but do not like the seats. Seat bottoms are too short for me. Same with most of the MB's.

I will drive some more vehicles this weekend. Looking at Jaguar and Range Rover too.

Kind of stuck in the middle. I like the idea of having one car that will do it all, but there really is not a car on the market that has the size, seats that fit me, performance, convertible, and all wheel drive in one car. There are a few that come close but one variable inevitably needs to be sacrificed. I drove a ton of cars before I ordered my S5 and in the end ended in a newer replacement of the same S5 Cabrio I had. The S5 is a great car, especially after I replaced the ECU and did a pulley upgrade and had it turned. Puts out 450+HP now, but is still nothing like a Z06 Vette at 650 HP in a much lighter car.

So it is that struggle of either compromising on size and performance and stay in a one car system or go ahead and get a big sedan or suv and a C7 Corvette Z06 Roadster or a C6 427 Roadster.
Right now I am leaning towards the 2 car system as for the money it is really hard to beat the performance of a Corvette. Cadillac appears to be a fair priced alternative for a decent performance larger Sedan.
Would love to hear from someone who currently owns a CT6.
Old 1 October 2016, 06:26 PM   #34
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Drove Cadillac escalate in uae for one year. Great car but value depreciate very fast.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2016, 04:53 AM   #35
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Personally I would lease the Cadillac. Lease incentives on the 2016 CT6 are pretty good right now. Depreciation on a new one is too much for me to justify purchasing versus leasing.
Old 2 October 2016, 03:15 PM   #36
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
Cadillac CT6 Any thoughts?

If you're looking for an all around excellent car to haul things and have fun... the Porsche Cayenne turbo comes to mind.

Buy a slightly used one and have fun. The seats, IMO are very comfortable and they tend to keep their value better.
VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2016, 03:46 PM   #37
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
So . . . now I have ben reading about close to all other cars besides the CT6 . . .

Who owns one and what do you think about it ?
Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote