The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 March 2021, 05:39 PM   #1
gops
"TRF" Member

Missed out on Blue Vacheron Overseas 4500V

I missed out on blue dial..... Visited the boutique 2/20/21 to inquire about VCO black dial. SA talked me into getting the blue instead as it looks better in person. She told me I can leave a 30% deposit for blue 4500v with ETA about 5 months. Left my info and told her I'll think about it. She checked back with me 2/24/21 and told her that I made my decision and will come by Saturday 2/27/21 to leave a deposit for the blue dial.

When I came in Saturday, she was very apologetic and told me that she can no longer order it for me because Geneva sent a memo Friday night to stop orders for blue dial to keep up with production. Manager was there and apologetic as well, he said he doesn't think orders for blue will open up again soon. I got a hint that they may be going the AP route where you have to be an existing customer to even order a blue dial. I left frustrated and decided to forget about VCO and back to Rolex.

But I can't seem to get over how beautiful this watch is. Whether it’s blue, black, or silver, I think they’re equally as good looking. Anybody else feel that way? So today, I decided to forget about the blue and left a deposit for the black dial which I originally came in for.

Resale value and hype aside, did I really miss out? Is the blue that much superior to the black?
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 06:00 PM   #2
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
I’ve been looking into buying an overseas lately. I’m not fond of blue in general, but it is a gorgeous blue. Just buy it on the secondary market if you want it.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 06:20 PM   #3
ATO
"TRF" Member

Own a 4500V, for me the Overseas blue is exceptional, even better than the Royal Oak 15202 blue.

Not too sure about the hype tbh, got the 4500V back in 2019 when I can still get it with discount, then all the sudden it is BT only and now they cut orders !!!!
ATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 06:38 PM   #4
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I was offered VC 5500 Chrono reverse panda last week at the Boutique. I haven't decided, but terrific watch.
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 06:58 PM   #5
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Gops, in which country is this boutique located?
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 07:00 PM   #6
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I was offered VC 5500 Chrono reverse panda last week at the Boutique. I haven't decided, but terrific watch.
SCP boutique? She offered me black dual time but I prefer the simple date.
Old 3 March 2021, 07:01 PM   #7
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg View Post
Gops, in which country is this boutique located?
California, USA
Old 3 March 2021, 07:09 PM   #8
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Thanks. I think it is a well defined strategy coming just after the discontinued 5711...
Old 3 March 2021, 10:20 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
If you want the watch there is more than one seller and several have appeared from Trusted Sellers lately. Go get your watch if you want it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 11:07 PM   #10
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Yes confirmed from boutique that waitlist for blue 4500v is closed. It will only get harder to source from a boutique so would get it from grey for a modest premium if you really want it. I have seen the black in person and it is absolutely stunning so you can’t go wrong!
Old 3 March 2021, 11:12 PM   #11
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

I can confirm as well from my SA at New York boutique the list for the standard 3 handed in blue is closed
mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 11:58 PM   #12
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Ok i think it concerns (for the time being) only the USA.
Old 4 March 2021, 12:46 AM   #13
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
there is a bit of irony in being frustrated with locating a watch you want and deciding to go back to rolex which is the land of that very thing :D
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 01:29 AM   #14
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I honestly believe that people have just realized how amazing the overseas is and it’s not easy to meet that kind of instant demand

I marvel at my overseas Tourbillon regularly

Plus VC provides the best service of any top brand

Kudos to them
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 03:08 AM   #15
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona

Quote:

There's only one in the boutique network and it's in NYC now. 30% deposit to get it moved.

Is the SoCal one still available? Costa Mesa gave me this info.
Old 4 March 2021, 03:22 AM   #16
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
There's only one in the boutique network and it's in NYC now. 30% deposit to get it moved.

Is the SoCal one still available? Costa Mesa gave me this info.
SouthCoast Plaza - on 2/19, Slah Trabelsi (Watch Consultant) showed me the 5500 reverse panda that had a deposit from someone out of the country at the time. He also had another reverse panda coming in the following week, so I could have had the one he showed me, or waited on the one coming the following week. By now, he would have both, with likelihood of having sold the first one by now and maybe both.

A year or so ago, he offered me the same watch, but then it was a little bit less in price. So, both times I went there he had the exact watch I wanted. Maybe that was just luck, but left me with the perception that it wasn't hard to get.

The first time I went, I didn't pull the trigger because it was nearly $30k and ones on the secondary market were being offered around $25k. Now, I see the second hand ones are going to right around retail, and getting more scarce. Maybe I should have bought the one being offered on 2/19, but there is something holding me back.

Lovely watch, but still a lot for a SS Chrono, although you can't get anything even close for the $$ at AP, PP or ALS. I'm getting closer.

Here is the first one I tried on a year or so ago.

Old 4 March 2021, 03:49 AM   #17
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Here’s the one I tried on 2/19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 March 2021, 04:01 AM   #18
KBM

I prefer the 4500v black dial myself.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 04:03 AM   #19
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

After reading your initial message, I took the decision to put a deposit for a 4500v blue.
I was not sure and I was waiting Patek release on April but I don’t want to miss it.
Old 4 March 2021, 04:28 AM   #20
Unsubscriber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
After reading your initial message, I took the decision to put a deposit for a 4500v blue.
I was not sure and I was waiting Patek release on April but I don’t want to miss it.
To confirm, you were able to join the waitlist in Paris today?
Unsubscriber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 04:47 AM   #21
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

I have a black dial three hander and also tried on the blue. Hype aside they’re equally gorgeous. I have not seen a deeper black in my life.
ChetBaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 04:53 AM   #22
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsubscriber View Post
To confirm, you were able to join the waitlist in Paris today?
Yes, waiting list is open
Old 4 March 2021, 04:55 AM   #23
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Have the blue and the dial is amazing depth to it. I just wish they would add hacking seconds.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 05:19 AM   #24
Watchflair

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Meh - my brother in law has one. He never wears it - I find the clasp to be flimsy with the straps. The blue is almost electric blue in some light.
Old 4 March 2021, 05:34 AM   #25
mattrparker35
"TRF" Member

I have the black dial and absolutely love it. I know it's not as hyped as the blue but the dial is gorgeous in its own way.
mattrparker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 05:47 AM   #26
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
SouthCoast Plaza - on 2/19, Slah Trabelsi (Watch Consultant) showed me the 5500 reverse panda that had a deposit from someone out of the country at the time. He also had another reverse panda coming in the following week, so I could have had the one he showed me, or waited on the one coming the following week. By now, he would have both, with likelihood of having sold the first one by now and maybe both.

A year or so ago, he offered me the same watch, but then it was a little bit less in price. So, both times I went there he had the exact watch I wanted. Maybe that was just luck, but left me with the perception that it wasn't hard to get.

The first time I went, I didn't pull the trigger because it was nearly $30k and ones on the secondary market were being offered around $25k. Now, I see the second hand ones are going to right around retail, and getting more scarce. Maybe I should have bought the one being offered on 2/19, but there is something holding me back.

Lovely watch, but still a lot for a SS Chrono, although you can't get anything even close for the $$ at AP, PP or ALS. I'm getting closer.

Here is the first one I tried on a year or so ago.

Very nice pics. I would have pulled the trigger on it over the phone but I'm hoping to get it locally from the AD as it is the same company that carries Rolex here. They can see my totals under one account and $30K for a non-Rolex would be a great builder. Buying Lange from them scored a Pepsi for example.
Old 4 March 2021, 08:45 AM   #27
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Good for you. I missed it by hours technically. Manager said memo was sent Friday night, and I was there Saturday noon. I learned my lesson but who would’ve known.

Old 4 March 2021, 08:47 AM   #28
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
I have a black dial three hander and also tried on the blue. Hype aside they’re equally gorgeous. I have not seen a deeper black in my life.

Glad to hear. That’s the look I was hoping for, deep black.

Old 4 March 2021, 09:45 AM   #29
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
Good for you. I missed it by hours technically. Manager said memo was sent Friday night, and I was there Saturday noon. I learned my lesson but who would’ve known.

Thank you. I would never think that the list could be closed.
That said, 2 weeks again waiting time in Paris was 3 months, now it is 5 months...
Old 4 March 2021, 10:36 AM   #30
jojosnr
"TRF" Member

Yes, Sir. Serious mistake. VC_Sm.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
I missed out on blue dial..... Visited the boutique 2/20/21 to inquire about VCO black dial. SA talked me into getting the blue instead as it looks better in person. She told me I can leave a 30% deposit for blue 4500v with ETA about 5 months. Left my info and told her I'll think about it. She checked back with me 2/24/21 and told her that I made my decision and will come by Saturday 2/27/21 to leave a deposit for the blue dial.

When I came in Saturday, she was very apologetic and told me that she can no longer order it for me because Geneva sent a memo Friday night to stop orders for blue dial to keep up with production. Manager was there and apologetic as well, he said he doesn't think orders for blue will open up again soon. I got a hint that they may be going the AP route where you have to be an existing customer to even order a blue dial. I left frustrated and decided to forget about VCO and back to Rolex.

But I can't seem to get over how beautiful this watch is. Whether it’s blue, black, or silver, I think they’re equally as good looking. Anybody else feel that way? So today, I decided to forget about the blue and left a deposit for the black dial which I originally came in for.

Resale value and hype aside, did I really miss out? Is the blue that much superior to the black?
jojosnr is offline   Reply With Quote