The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 August 2019, 11:56 PM   #1081
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngalt1 View Post
I picked up a slender wallet in epi about 6 months ago and it's just freaking huge and is awful in the back pocket. I'm kind of thinking about getting rid of it or buying something smaller for everyday use. It is fine in fall-spring when wearing a coat.

I had a Valextra that was a perfect size but got beaten to hell over about 10 years. Contacted them about recrafting it but they don't (and also don't have a similar replacement).
I've always preferred slimmer wallets vs. larger ones with tons of credit card slots. I currently use a Goyard St. Pierre but am traveling at the moment with just a cardholder and am liking it.

I may pick up one of those FLP cardholders to try out. 215 EUR shipped to the US it looks like with a variety of colors to choose from. Not bad...

I wonder how the availability of purchasing online is going to work out for the brand.
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2019, 11:57 PM   #1082
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
I’ve had a LV pocket organizer for a couple years now and it’s held up perfectly. Very soft leather and no real signs of wear and tear.

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/p...r-ombre-010130

I like small wallets but a little more than a 4 card holder..
Mine still looks brand new after a year of hard use!

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 12:00 AM   #1083
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Wallets are like watches, you need the right one for the occasion or mood. I have to say that my Trayvax has become my go-to wallet though. The Goyards and Montblanc only come out occasionally now. It comes down to function more than anything else. Easy access to all of my cards and a couple of cash bills, customizable thickness depending on how many cards you need, all in a compact design that’s somewhat stylish.

Trayvax 1/2 by uscmatt99, on Flickr

Trayvax 1/2 by uscmatt99, on Flickr
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 12:03 AM   #1084
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Wallets are like watches, you need the right one for the occasion or mood.
Exactly right
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 01:01 AM   #1085
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Does anyone have pics of their Faure le page 6 or 8cc wallets in their hands or with some other object for reference?
I love my LV pocket organizer and wouldn’t want anything much bigger but it’s a little hard to properly appreciate the measurements online..
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 01:33 AM   #1086
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Quote:
Does anyone have pics of their Faure le page 6 or 8cc wallets in their hands or with some other object for reference?
I love my LV pocket organizer and wouldn’t want anything much bigger but it’s a little hard to properly appreciate the measurements online..

This is my 6CC. It's a bit larger than a LV Pocket Organizer but I comfortably front pocket carry when traveling with out issues. My hands are 8" from wrist to tip of middle finger so I don't have giant hands either. The dimensions of mine may be different since this is not the "extended" version they offer now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2889.jpg (59.2 KB, 1103 views)
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 03:43 AM   #1087
oliviahuffman
"TRF" Member

nice sharing!!
oliviahuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 03:48 AM   #1088
oliviahuffman
"TRF" Member

any one can know about this product TRAVANDO Money Clip Wallet “RIO” they say that you put 14 cards in this wallet
oliviahuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 05:02 AM   #1089
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekhayden View Post
This is my 6CC. It's a bit larger than a LV Pocket Organizer but I comfortably front pocket carry when traveling with out issues. My hands are 8" from wrist to tip of middle finger so I don't have giant hands either. The dimensions of mine may be different since this is not the "extended" version they offer now.
Thank you! I like that a lot, more than the newer version which has the “spine”. I put my wallet in my back pocket so I’m a little concerned about the size.
Old 24 August 2019, 05:22 AM   #1090
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Quote:
Thank you! I like that a lot, more than the newer version which has the “spine”. I put my wallet in my back pocket so I’m a little concerned about the size.
It will be fine in your back pocket. I carry it both ways (situation depending) without issue. I have had it for a little over a year and it still looks brand new. I don't baby it at all either. You can easily email them and see if they still stock this style. They are always very responsive, may take a few days due to time zones, but purchase is easy. I bought mine before they had an online buying option and it was in my hands in 3 days.
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 06:57 AM   #1091
kearez
"TRF" Member

I know its not LV or Goyard, but I recommend Smythson's and Aspinal of London. Have so far held up to the rigors of travelling and are more low key compared to LV, Gucci etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3318.JPG (88.1 KB, 1139 views)
kearez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 08:24 AM   #1092
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekhayden View Post
It will be fine in your back pocket. I carry it both ways (situation depending) without issue. I have had it for a little over a year and it still looks brand new. I don't baby it at all either. You can easily email them and see if they still stock this style. They are always very responsive, may take a few days due to time zones, but purchase is easy. I bought mine before they had an online buying option and it was in my hands in 3 days.
Sounds good. I emailed them and asked about the old model so hopefully I hear back on Monday. If not I think I’ll just order a blue 6cc and hope for the best.
Old 24 August 2019, 02:55 PM   #1093
Rolex1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II, TT Y
I’ve had LV, Gucci, Versace and Goyard wallets but nothing has been as practical as my Waskerd. See link.

http://www.waskerd.com/zip-wallets.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 12:53 AM   #1094
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Minimalist
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 150B4D7B-36A9-48A4-BC43-C0547AC62BE6.jpeg (124.3 KB, 1054 views)
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 01:06 AM   #1095
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Well, I was hoping for an email response from FLP, but I should have known better I guess.
The French and their work hours do amaze me to be honest...oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Old 27 August 2019, 01:48 PM   #1096
Mr.Jack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060

The lady and I at dinner a couple weeks ago. She surprised me with this Cucinelli cardholder recently! I love it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 04:54 PM   #1097
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Well, I was hoping for an email response from FLP, but I should have known better I guess.
The French and their work hours do amaze me to be honest...oh well, maybe tomorrow.
I have contacted them last friday and Erwin replied immediately.
The email address from the first page on this thread works.
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2019, 10:24 PM   #1098
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

I received an email this morning. None of the older style are in stock so I ordered a blue 6cc; we’ll see how it looks!
Old 29 September 2019, 02:12 AM   #1099
sickened1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Just received this Bottega Veneta a few days ago. The quality is really nice and leather is so soft. I wonder how long it will hold up though. In my experience, softer leather tends to wear off quickly. LV one below is not as soft and i have it for 6 years and it's still going strong.

sickened1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 05:57 AM   #1100
Doug5551
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprta View Post
This is a new version of the mens wallet, its called etendard version, cost is approx 360.00 USD incl shipping.
The Faure Le Page 6cc standard is currently about $400 USD shipped.

I am trying to decide between Paris Blue and Empire Green.
Doug5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 11:23 PM   #1101
Kimber007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5551 View Post
The Faure Le Page 6cc standard is currently about $400 USD shipped.

I am trying to decide between Paris Blue and Empire Green.
They have been teasing a new one on their Instagram coming soon. Might be worth waiting for although if you love the current one, I'm not sure if it will be replaced or if you'll be able to decide between either one.

Between my wife and I we have at least one item in every color they offer. My favorite is the Paris Blue and hers is the Empire Green so I don't think you can go wrong with either of those.

Also, keep in mind it's not just $400. Once it arrives you will get a letter in the mail a month later asking you to pay taxes on it. Just letting you know so there are no surprises.
Kimber007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 01:08 AM   #1102
Doug5551
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber007 View Post
They have been teasing a new one on their Instagram coming soon. Might be worth waiting for although if you love the current one, I'm not sure if it will be replaced or if you'll be able to decide between either one.

Between my wife and I we have at least one item in every color they offer. My favorite is the Paris Blue and hers is the Empire Green so I don't think you can go wrong with either of those.

Also, keep in mind it's not just $400. Once it arrives you will get a letter in the mail a month later asking you to pay taxes on it. Just letting you know so there are no surprises.
Thank you for your post.

I did not know anything about a new model. I will go to their Insta and see if I can find more information.

I like the 6CC as its basically a normal sized wallet as opposed to a card holder or small models designed not to carry cash.

I thought that the correct consensus conclusion was that there was no additional duty tax as long as purchase is under $800. Is that not correct?
Old 16 July 2020, 09:31 AM   #1103
Kimber007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I thought that the correct consensus conclusion was that there was no additional duty tax as long as purchase is under $800. Is that not correct?
Ah, that I'm not sure about and did not know! My wife ordered twice on different occasions this year and I remember paying it each time but they were for larger bags that were over $800.
Old 16 July 2020, 11:46 AM   #1104
Doug5551
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber007 View Post
Ah, that I'm not sure about and did not know! My wife ordered twice on different occasions this year and I remember paying it each time but they were for larger bags that were over $800.
Kimber,

Many thanks for posting the clarification. I appreciate it. Yes, if your order is more than $800, it makes sense to have an additional fee. Hopefully others can learn. Believe me that this is a whole new world to me.

BTW, if your Kimber is related to a 1911, I am a Dw Valor guy. If not, no offense meant.
Old 16 July 2020, 01:24 PM   #1105
Time2Travel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
New Luxury Wallet

Goyard St. Pierre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Time2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 03:14 AM   #1106
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Went from FLP to Hermès not too long ago, so supple
Old 17 July 2020, 03:25 AM   #1107
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
Goyard St. Pierre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a red one of these, the quality is fabulous, a very tight fit at first for the cards but loosens off eventually. Yours looks brilliant, many congratulations.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 01:41 PM   #1108
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
My Carl Friedrick “ Swanson” wallet, in cognac is a winner. Great, minimalist design, and high quality full grain leather. It’s made in Italy, and the leather looks great.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 10:53 PM   #1109
Kimber007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Kimber,

Many thanks for posting the clarification. I appreciate it. Yes, if your order is more than $800, it makes sense to have an additional fee. Hopefully others can learn. Believe me that this is a whole new world to me.

BTW, if your Kimber is related to a 1911, I am a Dw Valor guy. If not, no offense meant.
No problem at all, happy to help!

Yes, your instincts are spot on

Good luck and hope to see some pics if you end up getting the wallet. For now enjoy that incredible DW
Old 18 July 2020, 10:53 AM   #1110
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
Went from FLP to Hermès not too long ago, so supple
That is the Citizen Twill card holder. Is the official color - navy/bleu nuit/bleu zanzibar in Swift calfskin? If so, that may have been the one I returned online recently Swift is to supple for me so I went for the bleu de Malte/rouge casaque/azur color in Evercolor calfskin.