The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 December 2020, 01:37 AM   #5581
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick4eva View Post
That's not it- all the Chinese stocks are getting rocked today because of this news from the weekend:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-t...es-11606518590

Basically if you don't comply with standardized audits, you're getting booted off the exchange. Seems like there is bipartisan support and I agree with them- if you don't play by the rules then you shouldn't be allowed to be on the field.

I hope that China matures as a nation in my lifetime- currently they behave like an angsty teenager that thinks they can do whatever they want. I'm not sure where their inflammatory rhetoric comes from- whether its a systemic issue at the top of the food chain or if its just Xi's ego.

Given their booming middle class and quickly growing economy- the country is starting to turn into what would seem a capitalistic democracy, but the CCP acts like they can do whatever they want and not face any repercussions. If China fell in line with the rest of the world and started to act a little more democratic I would feel much safer- the threat of another world war would be far less than it currently is. This current path they are on though will only lead to more friction- they've already declared that Taiwan is theres, and we will see another slow and ugly Hong Kong-esque takeover it seems. What's next? Singapore? Indonesia? Japan?

It's a bit scary that their population is entirely brainwashed because of the "Great Firewall," and doesn't have unrestricted access to the majority of the internet. Over the past few decades its become increasingly clear that the internet and the flow of information can grant great amounts of power over the minds of individuals. Unfortunately it seems that critical thinking and the ability to parse information to form one's own conclusions is not nearly as highly a valued skill in society than being told to repeat whatever you see and/or hear on social media, TV, or the web. In my travels and discussions with others from around the world, I think that most people are actually on the same wavelength and just want to live peaceful lives with family, friends, food, and a roof over their head. Not sure why we can't all just get along sometimes
Oh, nice. I need to up my news source(s) game apparently. Thanks for the link.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 03:13 AM   #5582
Paul7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick4eva View Post
That's not it- all the Chinese stocks are getting rocked today because of this news from the weekend:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-t...es-11606518590

Basically if you don't comply with standardized audits, you're getting booted off the exchange. Seems like there is bipartisan support and I agree with them- if you don't play by the rules then you shouldn't be allowed to be on the field.

I hope that China matures as a nation in my lifetime- currently they behave like an angsty teenager that thinks they can do whatever they want. I'm not sure where their inflammatory rhetoric comes from- whether its a systemic issue at the top of the food chain or if its just Xi's ego.

Given their booming middle class and quickly growing economy- the country is starting to turn into what would seem a capitalistic democracy, but the CCP acts like they can do whatever they want and not face any repercussions. If China fell in line with the rest of the world and started to act a little more democratic I would feel much safer- the threat of another world war would be far less than it currently is. This current path they are on though will only lead to more friction- they've already declared that Taiwan is theres, and we will see another slow and ugly Hong Kong-esque takeover it seems. What's next? Singapore? Indonesia? Japan?

It's a bit scary that their population is entirely brainwashed because of the "Great Firewall," and doesn't have unrestricted access to the majority of the internet. Over the past few decades its become increasingly clear that the internet and the flow of information can grant great amounts of power over the minds of individuals. Unfortunately it seems that critical thinking and the ability to parse information to form one's own conclusions is not nearly as highly a valued skill in society than being told to repeat whatever you see and/or hear on social media, TV, or the web. In my travels and discussions with others from around the world, I think that most people are actually on the same wavelength and just want to live peaceful lives with family, friends, food, and a roof over their head. Not sure why we can't all just get along sometimes
We were told trade with China would democratize them and lead to prosperity for the US, instead they are as repressive and expansionist than ever and we have the Rust Belt.
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 03:52 AM   #5583
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Coming up off the lows, this looks like some profit taking, nothing more

https://seekingalpha.com/news/364004...-charge-higher
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 09:47 PM   #5584
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Final month of the year, futures up strongly, S&P rebalance to add TSLA was likely part of the sell off yesterday.

ABBV and BMY both had price targets raised, I am holding long both names and may add more BMY.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 1 December 2020, 10:02 PM   #5585
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Tesla, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom Video, Jerome Powell - 5 Things You Must Know Tuesday

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...tuesday-120120
Old 1 December 2020, 10:47 PM   #5586
BCN
"TRF" Member

I think pullback is mostly retail investors taking RMD’s even though it is currently not required. Taxes and insurance on homes are still due and the RMD is a key provider to make those payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan
BCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 01:04 AM   #5587
JParm

Watch: Yes!
Just back from vacation, hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/nov...?mod=hp_LATEST

A more bearish outlook there on what the next year brings. With the monster move in November, article calls for a lower number 12 months out. I remain bullish, but it is just something to watch...I don't think anyone expected the moves we've had in the prior month.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/amaz...0-results.html

No surprise here, as Amazon notches numbers greater than ever before. I've touted e-commerce for awhile and will not stop; it is still a high growth area across the world and will continue to be, as this covid period has opened up online shopping to a new group of eyes. That will not change just because of a vaccine.
Old 2 December 2020, 01:06 AM   #5588
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Solid rally at the start, +372 on the Dow now at 30,011

Powell testimony shortly, Cyber sales really strong, MS calling for S&P 3900 by December 2021.

I agree 12-18 months out we should be higher, I still have cash sitting because I am waiting for short term volatility to shake out over the next 60 days, I would like to get into several new positions
Old 2 December 2020, 01:28 AM   #5589
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

I agree 12-18 months out we should be higher, I still have cash sitting because I am waiting for short term volatility to shake out over the next 60 days, I would like to get into several new positions
I also have a bit of cash from options I've closed out on this moves up; wouldn't mind a dip or two. Looks like I might have missed a window yesterday morning when things looked to be going south but recovered.
Old 2 December 2020, 01:32 AM   #5590
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
I also have a bit of cash from options I've closed out on this moves up; wouldn't mind a dip or two. Looks like I might have missed a window yesterday morning when things looked to be going south but recovered.
This month will give us tax loss selling and rebalancing. There may be opportunities, just need to be patient.

I will also be looking at the Dogs of the Dow
Old 2 December 2020, 01:38 AM   #5591
-dustin

Chinese EV turned ugly (uglier) real quick. NIO stops hit. We'll see what happens Wednesday.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 02:26 AM   #5592
chadwick4eva
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Chinese EV turned ugly (uglier) real quick. NIO stops hit. We'll see what happens Wednesday.
A couple of months ago I bought Tencent and Alibaba because they're probably the two most important internet giants of China. After reading the WSJ this weekend I cut my losses and exited my positions yesterday- we cannot assume anything on any of the Chinese companies if as investors we are doing due diligence based on cooked books. I am staying away from any Chinese stock unless they allow peekaboo audits by the SEC- otherwise there's no guarantee that anything they're saying is fact and they are indeed committing fraud. Luckin coffee is a perfect example of a company that committed fraud earlier this year.

There are thousands of other stocks to choose from- I'd rather not run the risk of investing in a fraudulently run organization.

Hindenberg Research published another article with evidence presenting that Kandi, another one of the Chinese EVs, is committing fraudulent activity with cooked books:
https://hindenburgresearch.com/kandi/

I will stay far far away. My only EV plays are Tesla and the nickel supply chain- bought VALE and BHP last week for nickel mining companies. VALE is already up very handsomely as they're still trading at reasonable forward looking valuation. NILSY was tempting but the company's largest stakeholder is a shady Russian oligarch- there's far too much political risk there for me to want to make that play. There will be many winners and losers in the car and battery space- I'd rather not take the risk trying to pick which one will win. Tesla is the first mover and clearly the best in class car, software, battery company at the moment. Tesla and SpaceX are also attracting the top talent from elite universities so the best and the brightest of the next generation will be working there for some time to come. Nickel should also be a winner over the next decade- it seems that we are at a critical inflection point where the world's demand for EV is there now that prices have become more reasonable compared to ICE vehicles.
chadwick4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 03:07 AM   #5593
Xelorpepsi
"TRF" Member

If that's of any interest to the TRF members, you can find here a list of all the Chinese companies listed on major US stock exchanges. Names with an asterisk are stated-owned.
Xelorpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 04:54 AM   #5594
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Fear and Greed is at 92 today - more often than not, this signals a correction is coming.

https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 07:43 AM   #5595
Xelorpepsi
"TRF" Member

Salesforce buys Slack for $27.7bn. Very surprised by the huge premium paid by Salesforce - pretty uncommon even for takeovers with lots of competitive tension - and can't wait to read broker notes to learn a bit more about the actual cost & revenue (?) synergies, and mid/long-term plans of the combined group.

Well done to those who invested in the business!
Xelorpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 07:48 AM   #5596
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelorpepsi View Post
Salesforce buys Slack for $27.7bn. Very surprised by the huge premium paid by Salesforce - pretty uncommon even for takeovers with lots of competitive tension - and can't wait to read broker notes to learn a bit more about the actual cost & revenue (?) synergies, and mid/long-term plans of the combined group.

Well done to those who invested in the business!
I'm long CRM, but happened to try and play the ER and bought calls prior to the WORK announcement the other day. Whoops.

Can't win them all; intend to keep my longs in CRM though. Great company.
Old 2 December 2020, 08:50 AM   #5597
ndls
"TRF" Member

Anyone else in PLTR? I'm at a 21 average - been a wild ass ride.

Played SNDL from 0.24 --> 0.88. Day Date coming?
ndls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 10:34 AM   #5598
jumpmaster 175
"TRF" Member

Used their service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndls View Post
Anyone else in PLTR? I'm at a 21 average - been a wild ass ride.

Played SNDL from 0.24 --> 0.88. Day Date coming?
Have used their services overseas and was impressed...bought on day one...it's been a nice ride
jumpmaster 175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 12:27 PM   #5599
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

just happy to see SPY close higher again today. good day for market.
Old 2 December 2020, 12:29 PM   #5600
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

another day where RKT does nothing. i bought leaps last week because i still think it's pretty undervalued (and they're cheap) but somehow it continues to amaze everyone by sitting at the same price instead
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 01:06 PM   #5601
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
another day where RKT does nothing. i bought leaps last week because i still think it's pretty undervalued (and they're cheap) but somehow it continues to amaze everyone by sitting at the same price instead

Same thoughts here. Maybe the stock buyback will help RKT’s performance. It’s def not getting much love.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 10:35 PM   #5602
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Futures slightly off, not much moving the markets this morning. I added a small trade in FDX and added to my long in PYPL yesterday. Still looking for new trades
Old 2 December 2020, 10:58 PM   #5603
JParm

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/trou...se-warns-.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/in...S%3D1606913635

Still a lot of unknowns going into December / January; both of these articles call for an S&P target above 4000, though the first says hold on buying through volatile December.

One thing to note here:

Quote:
Ajay Rajadhyaksha, head of macro research for Barclays in New York, says investors often overlook a third point when weighing the optimism over vaccines with the pessimism over the current spread of coronavirus — that economic growth, particularly in the U.S. and China, has recovered far stronger than expected....Valuations matter, he concedes, “but with central banks set to remain accommodative for several years, a likely drop in global trade tensions, and unappetizing fixed income returns, we remain overweight risk assets over core bonds.”
Old 2 December 2020, 11:10 PM   #5604
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
I initiated a position in CRM after hours yesterday on the weakness. Anyone else think the reaction is a bit overdone?

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 11:17 PM   #5605
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
I initiated a position in CRM after hours yesterday on the weakness. Anyone else think the reaction is a bit overdone?

I'm long CRM and will continue to do be. Whether it continues to go down from here, I'm not sure - but I don't see myself closing out of the position, though my cost basis is around 240.
Old 2 December 2020, 11:22 PM   #5606
JParm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-...=hp_lista_pos5

This is why I remain in PINS, GOOGL, AMZN, FB, even with people outside calling for sector rotation out of growth.

Digital ad spending has been a boon, and will only continue be so as the economy recovers. PINS is a perfect example - covid has brought its business model to the forefront, and as more and more companies begin to return and spend on marketing, PINS should be primed to attract those dollars. Win / win (stay at home / return to normal) for companies like this, unlike those like ZM, which benefit more from the stay at home crowd.

Have to be able to pick and choose your growth vehicles, and why.
Old 2 December 2020, 11:27 PM   #5607
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post

I do but I am long and holding my position which is all profit at this point. I am not adding
Old 3 December 2020, 01:04 AM   #5608
JParm

Added to my positions in TTD, PINS and FB in this first 30 minutes when the NASDAQ dipped to around -1%.

Also bought calls in CRM, PLTR and MSFT.
Old 3 December 2020, 01:52 AM   #5609
HTXlex
"TRF" Member

I got into CRM and WKHS options during the opening hour. Which date and strike of your pltr calls if you don’t mind me asking?
HTXlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2020, 01:54 AM   #5610
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXlex View Post
I got into CRM and WKHS options during the opening hour. Which date and strike of your pltr calls if you don’t mind me asking?
May 21 / $22. Wanted something after next earnings with slack in case it misses.