The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 9 November 2019, 04:24 AM   #91
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Incredibly, there wasn't much smack talking a bout the Tiffany SAs here. I know of a friend who had a bad experience but it appears they are doing well from a customer service perspective. Really good news! Perhaps their celebrity status (such as Kelly) is warranted :D

I am reconsidering now whether I should go grey :)

Might go to Beverly Hills again and do this!
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 07:18 AM   #92
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
The employees at the Tiffany NY salon are some of the most professional and nicest people I've com across.
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 08:23 AM   #93
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade View Post
The employees at the Tiffany NY salon are some of the most professional and nicest people I've com across.
With this level of courtesy, 5 Tiffany Pateks for you!
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 11:03 AM   #94
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
With this level of courtesy, 5 Tiffany Pateks for you!
If u go kiss some ass maybe you get one... I meant that in a nice way btw
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 12:17 PM   #95
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
If u go kiss some ass maybe you get one... I meant that in a nice way btw
It will be a cold day in hell before I kiss ass to a salesman. He who holds the wallets gets thy ass kissed contrary to what some of the people seem to think.
Old 4 December 2019, 12:47 PM   #96
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
It will be a cold day in hell before I kiss ass to a salesman. He who holds the wallets gets thy ass kissed contrary to what some of the people seem to think.
I think u just made all the fanboys angry. lol
Old 4 December 2019, 05:37 PM   #97
Analysing You
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

Preach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 05:53 PM   #98
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
I think u just made all the fanboys angry. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analysing You View Post
Preach!

When finessing an acquisition turns into begging you have to re-evaluate.
Old 4 December 2019, 06:29 PM   #99
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Who here has been less than pleased with their interactions with Tiffany-Patek SAs or have heard of behavior not befitting of Tiffany or Patek's customer service levels?
Generally, the sales staff have been short yet sweet. Look, you don't really expect to be on Tiffany's radar with a single purchase. Especially if you're asking for a hot model, which am sure you realize they get asked for many times a day.

If you are not happy with the way you're treated, then don't buy from Tiffany. No big deal, move on. As passionate as many of us are, always remember in the end it's just a watch, not a life-saving device.

'Vote' with your consumerism. By buying Tiffany-branded products, you are supporting their way of business. Seems to me this is not something you support and fully respect that.

On a personal note, use their classic Hampton design silverware daily and love it! They gladly exchanged a defective piece too, no questions asked. When we were there, they gave my wife a nice silver polishing cloth and other goodies, and we never asked for them as Tiffany rep kindly offered them to my wife, who was very happy about the kindness of Tiffany's staff.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 11:15 PM   #100
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
That is some good-looking silverware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Generally, the sales staff have been short yet sweet. Look, you don't really expect to be on Tiffany's radar with a single purchase. Especially if you're asking for a hot model, which am sure you realize they get asked for many times a day.

If you are not happy with the way you're treated, then don't buy from Tiffany. No big deal, move on. As passionate as many of us are, always remember in the end it's just a watch, not a life-saving device.

'Vote' with your consumerism. By buying Tiffany-branded products, you are supporting their way of business. Seems to me this is not something you support and fully respect that.

On a personal note, use their classic Hampton design silverware daily and love it! They gladly exchanged a defective piece too, no questions asked. When we were there, they gave my wife a nice silver polishing cloth and other goodies, and we never asked for them as Tiffany rep kindly offered them to my wife, who was very happy about the kindness of Tiffany's staff.

locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 12:04 AM   #101
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

They're great, and a true classic design produced since the 1930s(!). Nice weight / balance too... plus they're a great holiday gift since this is the season.

Of course they make pretty much every utensil you could imagine in the Hampton style too. There's also some nice / interesting vintage pieces to be found online within the secondary market. Must warn you, what's on their website IS NOT the entire collection. It is vast! https://www.tiffany.com/search/?q=hampton%20silverware

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 5 December 2019, 12:24 AM   #102
sambb
"TRF" Member

is it possible to buy a tiffanys patek piece for delivery to me, or do i have to fly to nyc?
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 12:51 AM   #103
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
is it possible to buy a tiffanys patek piece for delivery to me, or do i have to fly to nyc?
Hah ! , doesn’t really matter - they only sell to well heeled Ninja’s -
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:01 AM   #104
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Agree 100%, I like this opinion.

Nice silver.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:05 AM   #105
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Hah ! , doesn’t really matter - they only sell to well heeled Ninja’s -
Not true... some people in the salon hate us...but guess what I don’t really give a fk. And now with the transaction. I really really don’t give a fk. Excuse my French.

I actually love our diamond sales people...we get along great with them we have a very personal relationship with those peeps.
Old 5 December 2019, 04:14 AM   #106
locutus49
Banned

My wife likes very nice things - thus our personal relationship with Hermes - but she does not like diamonds, which saves me a boatload.

Quote:
Not true... some people in the salon hate us...but guess what I don’t really give a fk. And now with the transaction. I really really don’t give a fk. Excuse my French.

I actually love our diamond sales people...we get along great with them we have a very personal relationship with those peeps.
Old 5 December 2019, 10:32 AM   #107
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
My wife likes very nice things - thus our personal relationship with Hermes - but she does not like diamonds, which saves me a boatload.
Lucky man! She's smart (diamonds). Wife and i looove Hermes too! In fact this past week my wife got me a vintage Hermes ashtray for the holidays. I smoke cigars :)

We are indeed very lucky men.

Old 8 December 2019, 11:37 PM   #108
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Been treated horribly which is the reason I no longer go to Tiffany for anything. It started in Ottawa five years ago. No one talked to me and when discussing my need for a Patek dress watch was not taken serious. ‘Patek expert’ never called even when I stopped again at the store. Same issue in NY. I wanted jewelry and watch but no interest. If a store doesn’t want my $65k, I’ll go somewhere. I did. Bucherer is now my supplier and I love their approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2019, 01:38 AM   #109
locutus49
Banned

Bee-yootiful ashtray. We have Hermes blankets and such carefully tossed around the house in careless elegance style.

Quote:
Lucky man! She's smart (diamonds). Wife and i looove Hermes too! In fact this past week my wife got me a vintage Hermes ashtray for the holidays. I smoke cigars :)

We are indeed very lucky men.

Old 13 December 2019, 03:31 PM   #110
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
the PP guy at tiffany's in SF seems to be a really cool guy (alexandre I think), really into watches and fun to talk to, always fun chatting with him

Alex is the real deal and knows his craft. He was kind enough to get me this 5712. Great guy.

Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 04:30 PM   #111
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
Alex is the real deal and knows his craft. He was kind enough to get me this 5712. Great guy.
Nice. Very nice! Congrats. :) And enjoy in good health!

Quick question, what did you have to do (purchase history-wise) to qualify for that? I ask because Alex wouldn't even come remotely close to even submitting my name to Tiffany NYC to be added to the interest / wait-list (even if it meant waiting 8+ years).
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 04:41 PM   #112
djdo83
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
[QUOTE=Apheaven;10199944]Alex is the real deal and knows his craft. He was kind enough to get me this 5712. Great guy.

wow congrats man!
djdo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 03:01 AM   #113
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Quick question, what did you have to do (purchase history-wise) to qualify for that?.

Old 14 December 2019, 07:14 AM   #114
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:

I use to say the same thing but then realized I have no skills lol
Old 14 December 2019, 08:39 AM   #115
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Yeah. That non-answer was lovely. :D

In all seriousness, if you don't want to share, that's cool as well.
Old 14 December 2019, 10:21 AM   #116
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Tiffany Patek sales associates - Your honest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Yeah. That non-answer was lovely. :D

In all seriousness, if you don't want to share, that's cool as well.

Non answer? Let me answer your question in the same vain....In all seriousness, why do you think they offered me the piece?

Old 14 December 2019, 10:23 AM   #117
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Non answer? Let me answer you in the same vain....In all seriousness why do you think they sold me the piece?
Your tone is less respectful than mine towards you, and that's fine. :)

It's no worries at all. Not sharing details is always acceptable.

Stunning piece, as I noted above. Thank you for sharing the photos, and enjoy in good health. :)