The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 28 January 2020, 01:04 AM   #151
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by govbergjewelers View Post
It happens with high end cars all the time - some trade higher than retail since they are so scarce. We work hard to build and maintain the trust of our brand partners and clients so that people can be confident that new is new (sold at retail) and pre-owned is pre-owned (bought and sold at market). With serial numbers on all of the watches, it is not that hard to police.

So now that you have joined the thread.......you have 8 pre-owned pieces selling above msrp, how do you sell the new pieces? Who gets them?
Old 28 January 2020, 01:13 AM   #152
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
^ Compounding on this, what are the SAs trained to say in response to potential customers inquiring about BLROs or Ceramic SS Daytonas?

For example, I live in NJ and would like to purchase a BLRO from your team in Philadelphia...no prior relationship. What are you telling me?
Old 28 January 2020, 01:17 AM   #153
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
That’s not the point my friend. We pretty have much come to the conclusion that the invention of the name was based on disdain hate and anger over the jubilee and not a cute new name. Hulk, Coke and Pepsi we’re best off love for these particular pieces.

I’m sure there’s a small percentage of members here that aren’t aware of that and have just accepted the name (dchernikoff is perhaps one of them if his comment was serious) but it seems now the vast majority of people here understand how it came about and therefore have rejected it. Now it’s just a troll name now.
I agree you made a great point about the nickname. It certainly seemed to start more as an insult against the Jubilee bracelet. Before many were insulting the Jubilee calling it old fashioned. Besides the fact a BLNR is always a BLNR so why would anyone change the nickname bc of the bracelet if meant in a positive way. The Pepsi is always the Pepsi, so why would a BLNR or “Batman” if one must use a nickname change with a bracelet change. That wouldn’t be consistent with Pepsi, Coke, Root Beer and other GMT Master nicknames.
Old 28 January 2020, 01:23 AM   #154
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by govbergjewelers View Post
Hi - Pre-owned is the fastest growing segment of the luxury watch market - even the largest primary chains (Tourneau, Watches of Switzerland) have embraced it. As long as there is transparency and trust, why shouldn't AD's participate in the market?
Your team has always been very nice and helpful whenever I’ve spoken with and one of the most knowledgeable ADs out there imo. I think many don’t understand your business and multiple locations. Also the separate online business where I’m sure trades come from all over. Lastly, you’ve been selling pre-owned for years and way before this so called hot market. Incredible brand selection too not just Rolex by any means. You guys know watches
Old 28 January 2020, 01:27 AM   #155
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Your team has always been very nice and helpful whenever I’ve spoken with and one of the most knowledgeable ADs out there imo. I think many don’t understand your business and multiple locations. Also the separate online business where I’m sure trades come from all over. Lastly, you’ve been selling pre-owned for years and way before this so called hot market. Incredible brand selection too not just Rolex by any means. You guys know watches
Are you an Employee of Govberg?
Old 28 January 2020, 01:30 AM   #156
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Are you an Employee of Govberg?

No, but have been a client and think it’s ridiculous how many people comment without understanding and look foolish on this subject. Different locations and different businesses.
Closed Thread