The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 July 2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Club1234
"TRF" Member

What do you think. New purchase

Hi, first time I have posted. Looking for a little feedback on a purchase I just made today on eBay (actually called the pawn shop and purchased directly over the phone. Here is the eBay item # 142067574073. Does this seem legit. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Mike. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Submarin...WATCHING_ENDED
Club1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Not sure what the point of asking after buying is.

If you had asked here beforehand, I guarantee most people would have told you to avoid it based on the pictures.

How anyone could buy a watch based on those terrible pictures is beyond me.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:17 PM   #3
marcusjcw21
Banned

Watch: Rolex 2 tone 1005
Personally, I would think that a pawn shop that buys Rolex watches would have the capability to open the case back before buying it or loaning money on it. If they have that capability during that transaction, they should have that same capability when taking photos to list it on ebay. They also should have been able to provide much better photos. I hope it's not a fake pawn shop set up solely to deceive someone into buying a watch and then it disappears. I hope it turns out well. Update us when you receive it, and videotape the receiving and opening the package and case back so you have proof if anything is wrong with it. You don't want them to be able to say that you were the one who stuck a Chinese movement and fake dial into it.
marcusjcw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 01:19 PM   #4
Club1234
"TRF" Member

Yeah... Jumped the gun a bit. i live about an hour from there pawn shop, where I will be picking up the watch in person- a seemingly reputable business. Also good eBay feedback. I purchased over the phone with my AMEX for $5000 a great deal. I assume I might even have some purchase protection with my credit card. If the watch doesn't appear legitimate in person I won't be leaving with it. Just wanted some honest feedback and appreciate your response.
Club1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 01:27 PM   #5
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Get it inspected by a reputable watchsmith asap.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 04:28 PM   #6
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club1234 View Post
Yeah... Jumped the gun a bit. i live about an hour from there pawn shop, where I will be picking up the watch in person- a seemingly reputable business. Also good eBay feedback. I purchased over the phone with my AMEX for $5000 a great deal. I assume I might even have some purchase protection with my credit card. If the watch doesn't appear legitimate in person I won't be leaving with it. Just wanted some honest feedback and appreciate your response.
Do you know what to look for? May I suggest bringing someone who does and maybe perhaps tools for opening the case back? Otherwise you need to go there, take good close up pictures, post the pictures here, wait for responses, and then take action.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 05:46 PM   #7
Perpetual888
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II Polar
I would insist on an arrangement whereby you can take the watch to a reputable watchsmith for proper verification. If the watchsmith can't confirm it's authenticity, then you get a full refund from the pawn shop.

I hope it all works out well for you.
Perpetual888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 06:34 PM   #8
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

What do you think. New purchase

The photos suck but it appears to have some major problems IMHO I am do not believe this watch is authentic based on what I see. Get better pics asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 July 2016, 08:01 PM   #9
Jacobson
"TRF" Member

$5000 for a Hulk.

I don't know what the going rate is in the US but here in Europe I know dealers that would pay more than that for a used Hulk
Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote