The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 December 2022, 08:01 AM   #1
gsingh0317
"TRF" Member

Batavi Geograaf Worldtimer (Microbrand)

Summary:
My Batavi Geograaf came in a while ago and I couldn't be more happy with it! It came in a travel-style case that can fit an another watch, extra set of leather straps, and a bracelet tool.

For the ~$700 I paid for it, it feels like it should be 2x the price! I can't begin to express how solid this watch feels.

Watch Details:
Swiss GMT Movement (Soprod C125) with swap from GMT hand to 24 hour subdial.

The bracelet came with a bunch of links so after removing 7-8 of them I got it to fit on my 6" wrist, but having a bunch of extra of links is great if I ever want to swap some out.

The water resistance is 200m and it has a see through case back on top, I was shocked because the whole time while waiting for it I thought it was a 100m.

Has Blue SuperLuminova BGW9 Lume which works wonderfully at night. Not only do the hands have lume, the subdial is not lumed but the moon/sun symbols on it are.

The polishing and finishing is really nice. The dial had a few colorways (Purple/Blue, White/Pink, Green/Gray, Blue/Green) but I went with the most matte one which was Grey/Orange/Blue.

Worldtime Function:
  • You set your local timezone city at the 12 o'clock.
  • To read the time in another city/zone, you draw a straight line from the city to the hour on the subdial. Orange section for night, blue for day.

Crown Function:
  • After unscrewing the crown, you can manually wind it. It feels smooth and is mostly quiet but not silent.
  • With a single pull, you can control the 24 hour subdial with the 12 hour split on day/night. You would set the local 24hr time to be at the 12 o'clock position where your local timezone city is. To read the world times, you would just go straight from a city to the hour on the sub dial.
  • With a second pull, you can control the hands as with any other watch. Moving the hours will also adjust the 24 hr subdial so setting the hands first is better.

Wristwroll!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/WxPqiPa.png[IMG]

Last edited by gsingh0317; 30 December 2022 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Minor fixes on watch details
gsingh0317 is offline   Reply With Quote