The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2023, 02:21 AM   #1
GMTNYC3790
"TRF" Member

Omega Moonphase owners

Thoughts on this watch? I have wrist in the smaller side and have traditionally been very conservative in regards to watch sizes I wear (39-42mm).

However I am in love with the look of this watch. Do any current owners have any opinions on size, how it wears, and if it even matters the size?

I’m personally interested in the brown Sedna gold but am curious for all.
GMTNYC3790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 05:40 AM   #2
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

I have a slim wrist. Visually it works even though it's a big watch. A couple of thing contribute to me selling it eventually:

Thickness. It's just too think. Especially if you look at a JLC and think why can't they make it thinner? Because it's so thick, it looks more sport than dress. And for a moonphase you kinda want it to be dressy.

The date complication subdial is so small I cannot make use of it. Even when I'm setting the clock I have to use a magnifier.

The things I love are: the execution of the moonphase is just on a different level than anyone else. And you are getting good accuracy and power from the movement. I believe it's a duel barrel with coaxial escarpment.
amphr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 07:10 AM   #3
GMTNYC3790
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much for the guidance. Definitely understandable. JLCs are great looking as well.
Old 9 January 2023, 05:42 PM   #4
shalako
"TRF" Member

I own the Blue dial steel Moonphase, I don’t find it too thick at all and in that regard it wears much better than the dimensions would suggest. While it’s obviously not a dress watch it is versatile enough to be worn as one IMHO but when you consider the METAS accuracy, liquid metal bezel, superb detail of the Moonphase and the fact that it has 100m WR I think it’s an excellent choice.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 05:21 AM   #5
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I also own the blue moonphase and really enjoy it. The thickness doesn't bother me at all. Something about the case design with the stepped sides makes it wear much differently on the wrist than the numbers would suggest. The dial is beautiful, the moonphase is stunning, and I love the symmetry of the two, two-hand subdials. Also nice to be able to use the 3 o'clock subdial as a second timezone "dual time" when traveling. Only big negative for me is I really struggle to read the date function. I also don't find it much fun to wind or set. Like all Speedmasters, it's not a screw down crown, and while not difficult to wind, it's no joy either. Here's a pic of mine from earlier today.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 07:59 AM   #6
GMTNYC3790
"TRF" Member

Ahttps://www.rolexforums.com/images/editor/separator.gifwesome! So seeing the Sedna in person was beautiful but I decided to pass. Ultimately I think the strap may have thrown me off.

After deciding that, it really came down to the Black Steel V. Ceramic Blue. I opted for the Black Steel as I think it is a more dynamic piece HOWEVER I may take the two weeks to decide if I want to go back for the blue Ceramic. There is something about it that I can't stop thinking about.

Anywho, it is a great watch. Omega really did pull something off in terms of the scale. As mentioned, my wrist is small but it doesn't feel like I have a house on my wrist at all.