The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 January 2023, 10:18 AM   #31
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoryellow View Post
AP is just a criminal organization
FFS
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2023, 11:00 AM   #32
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw44 View Post
ffs
+1
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2023, 11:58 AM   #33
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
FFS
well said
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2023, 12:39 PM   #34
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw44 View Post
ffs
+1,000,000
Old 18 January 2023, 11:04 AM   #35
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

I am reliably informed that Michael Friedman elected to leave Audemars Piguet to launch a multi-faceted venture that will be made public shortly and which is hoped to have a broader role across the watchmaking industry. I understand that he left Audemars Piguet on friendly terms and that he remains an advocate of the manufacture.

I personally believe that Michael Friedman has made an excellent contribution to Audemars Piguet in his time with the manufacture. I look forward to seeing his new project take shape in the coming months and wish him well with that venture.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2023, 11:48 AM   #36
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
I am reliably informed that Michael Friedman elected to leave Audemars Piguet to launch a multi-faceted venture that will be made public shortly and which is hoped to have a broader role across the watchmaking industry. I understand that he left Audemars Piguet on friendly terms and that he remains an advocate of the manufacture.

I personally believe that Michael Friedman has made an excellent contribution to Audemars Piguet in his time with the manufacture. I look forward to seeing his new project take shape in the coming months and wish him well with that venture.
Thanks for the update, which sounds more likely than some of the other speculation!
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 18 January 2023, 11:59 AM   #37
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenerabbit View Post
Sounds libellous, not nervous to write these public statements?
Pretty sure speculation is not libelous.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2023, 12:11 PM   #38
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I don't want to speculate why Michael Friedman is leaving, but I think things are a little weird behind the scenes at AP..

3 out the most prominent AP leaders leaving approximately at the same period - Jasmine Audemars, FHB and now Michael Friedman. There has to be more to this than the usual 'leaving to pursue other interest' smokescreen.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2023, 12:14 PM   #39
serenerabbit
Banned

Watch: VTNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB330 View Post
Taking bribes for allocations is what I was told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoryellow View Post
AP is just a criminal organization
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Pretty sure speculation is not libelous.
'Is what I was told" is not speculation, it's repeating a libellous assertion if not true. Example "psm11 is a--insert falsehood that would cause you personal and/or professional damage to reputation--is what I heard" does not give someone a free pass.

"AP is just a criminal organization" Please explain the speculation inside this statement. Actually, please don't because there is none and I don't want to engage in some tit for tat on the topic.

Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about and I'm doing my best to be polite. Don't want any trouble with those who run the site.
serenerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2023, 12:29 AM   #40
sharpwrist
"TRF" Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Friedman at a Boston AP event. He was engaging, approachable, and fascinating to hear speak. Prior to meeting him, and reinforced after the pleasure: I always viewed him as the Ying to the Yang of FHB. I felt they were able to play a version of good cop / bad cop together or perhaps better stated as brand restraint/boundary-pushing forces for the brand.

Without knowing the inner politics, I always hoped that Friendman would assume FHB's role upon his departure, and lead an era of technical showcase and pull from AP's incredible archive history. I enjoyed his newest book immensely (though it is so big it doesn't fit in my bookshelf). He will be successful no doubt in any future endeavors, and while I wish him the best, I'll selfishly mourn his presence being associated with my favorite brand should he depart.
sharpwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2023, 05:04 PM   #41
squall1
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the update, big loss. I'm mildly concerned about what might be coming from a brand/management perspective. No real info, just a feeling. It will make for an interesting couple of years.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 03:05 AM   #42
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Michael Friedman was such a good voice for the brand. His knowledge, mannerism, and passion can be seen through his interviews. To me that’s a huge loss for AP.
thecrownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 06:50 AM   #43
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
: )

Quote:

This sounds more specific and I'm very glad because he's very likeable and passionate about AP.
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 06:54 AM   #44
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
not necessarily so

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I don't want to speculate why Michael Friedman is leaving, but I think things are a little weird behind the scenes at AP..

3 out the most prominent AP leaders leaving approximately at the same period - Jasmine Audemars, FHB and now Michael Friedman. There has to be more to this than the usual 'leaving to pursue other interest' smokescreen.
FHB's departure has been talked about for some time now. If things were horrible or confrontational there would be no lead time, he'd just leave to be let go. MF was a diverse background and is actually pretty new to AP (I've been at my company for 25 years for reference). He's still young and it's not crazy that he would leave to do other things.
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 08:42 AM   #45
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eal15 View Post
FHB's departure has been talked about for some time now. If things were horrible or confrontational there would be no lead time, he'd just leave to be let go. MF was a diverse background and is actually pretty new to AP (I've been at my company for 25 years for reference). He's still young and it's not crazy that he would leave to do other things.
Regarding the prior post, I also don't think it's quite correct to say Jasmine Audemars is "leaving" AP, even though she stepped down as chair of the board - as long as the family owns AP, they will have the final say (and Olivier Audemars remains on the board as vice-chair).
Old 21 January 2023, 10:54 AM   #46
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

François-Henry Bennahmias, Jasmine Audemars, Michael Friedman, other members of Audemars Piguet’s leadership and its broader team have been excellent stewards of the manufacture and the brand in recent years. In short, Audemars Piguet is in rude health today and we can all be pleased for that.

Amongst their many achievements that have materially developed the manufacture and the brand, in recent years they have successfully led Audemars Piguet through the 25th anniversary of the Royal Oak Offshore, the launch of the Code 11.59 line, the evolution of the Royal Oak Concept line, the 50th anniversary of the Royal Oak and will hopefully do the same for the 30th anniversary of the Royal Oak Offshore this year. There has also been a successful effort to develop and tell the story and the history of Audemars Piguet.

While it is regrettable to lose members of this successful Audemars Piguet team to other pursuits, it is also a somewhat natural point at which those individuals may consider other opportunities.

As an aside, although Michael Friedman may not be involved in the launch of any 30th anniversary Royal Oak Offshore pieces this year, given the design and production timelines of the watches he will clearly have contributed all the way through to their completion. Moreover, his influence on future introductions likely runs several years out from here. The same will certainly be true for François-Henry Bennahmias and Jasmine Audemars as they step down from their respective roles at the end of the year. Given their collective success to date, this is also something that should give us hope for some exciting things to come from Audemars Piguet in my view.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 11:08 AM   #47
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
François-Henry Bennahmias, Jasmine Audemars, Michael Friedman, other members of Audemars Piguet’s leadership and its broader team have been excellent stewards of the manufacture and the brand in recent years. In short, Audemars Piguet is in rude health today and we can all be pleased for that.

Amongst their many achievements that have materially developed the manufacture and the brand, in recent years they have successfully led Audemars Piguet through the 25th anniversary of the Royal Oak Offshore, the launch of the Code 11.59 line, the evolution of the Royal Oak Concept line, the 50th anniversary of the Royal Oak and will hopefully do the same for the 30th anniversary of the Royal Oak Offshore this year. There has also been a successful effort to develop and tell the story and history of Audemars Piguet.

While it is regrettable to lose members of this successful Audemars Piguet team to other pursuits, it is also a somewhat natural point at which those individuals may consider other opportunities.

As an aside, although Michael Friedman may not be involved in the launch of any 30th anniversary Royal Oak Offshore pieces this year, given the design and production timelines of the watches he will clearly have contributed all the way through to their completion. Moreover, his influence on future introductions likely runs several years out from here. The same will certainly be true for François-Henry Bennahmias and Jasmine Audemars as they step down from their respective roles at the end of the year. Given their collective success to date, this is also something that should give us hope for some exciting things to come Audemars Piguet in my view.
^ well said. If you are not AP PR, then you would make a fantastic brand ambassador
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 02:05 PM   #48
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Amongst their many achievements that have materially developed the manufacture and the brand, in recent years they have successfully led Audemars Piguet through the 25th anniversary of the Royal Oak Offshore, the launch of the Code 11.59 line, the evolution of the Royal Oak Concept line, the 50th anniversary of the Royal Oak and will hopefully do the same for the 30th anniversary of the Royal Oak Offshore this year. There has also been a successful effort to develop and tell the story and the history of Audemars Piguet.

As an aside, although Michael Friedman may not be involved in the launch of any 30th anniversary Royal Oak Offshore pieces this year, given the design and production timelines of the watches he will clearly have contributed all the way through to their completion. Moreover, his influence on future introductions likely runs several years out from here. The same will certainly be true for François-Henry Bennahmias and Jasmine Audemars as they step down from their respective roles at the end of the year. Given their collective success to date, this is also something that should give us hope for some exciting things to come from Audemars Piguet in my view.

Horoloupe is it you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 02:51 AM   #49
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

It's got to be Horoloupe!
zinzanzigara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 05:04 AM   #50
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Friedman is a treasure. Bro got a shoutout on Kendrick's last album. He's the GOAT

Now we (hopefully) get to see him become an entrepreneur and he has a real chance to crush it

ownership is the way. He has nothing more to achieve at AP
Old 2 February 2023, 05:43 AM   #51
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Libel lol.

And nervous? Who is going to do something.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2023, 01:09 PM   #52
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
'Is what I was told" is not speculation, it's repeating a libellous assertion if not true. Example "psm11 is a--insert falsehood that would cause you personal and/or professional damage to reputation--is what I heard" does not give someone a free pass.

"AP is just a criminal organization" Please explain the speculation inside this statement. Actually, please don't because there is none and I don't want to engage in some tit for tat on the topic.

Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about and I'm doing my best to be polite. Don't want any trouble with those who run the site.
haha chill out man.

for the record I know exactly what I am talking about (I am an attorney who deals with first amendment issues frequently). What's your background?

"I heard is" not asserting a fact. "AP is just a criminal organization" is an opinion. This is a discussion board where people come on to discuss topics, gossip, AND most frequently to give their opinions on things.

Good luck convincing a judge that opinions and gossip said on an internet discussion board (about watches) without any further action is libel or slander.

if this is your best at being polite you have a lot of work to do.
Old 9 February 2023, 04:16 PM   #53
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
How’d that work out?

I mean the last part banned bunny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2023, 09:16 PM   #54
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You don’t understand the concept of libel I’m an attorney as well

You insinuating that what he said was libelous (with one L not two) is even more egregious IMO
Old 10 February 2023, 03:39 AM   #55
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
You don’t understand the concept of libel I’m an attorney as well

You insinuating that what he said was libelous (with one L not two) is even more egregious IMO
Vince, didn’t know you were an attorney as well. Which area of law?
Old 10 February 2023, 04:04 AM   #56
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Vince, didn’t know you were an attorney as well. Which area of law?
Yes! Real estate - though today I’m much more on the business side of things. How about yourself?
Old 10 February 2023, 04:27 AM   #57
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes! Real estate - though today I’m much more on the business side of things. How about yourself?
Nice! I'm an entertainment attorney (work for a studio here in LA).
Old 10 February 2023, 06:18 AM   #58
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice! I'm an entertainment attorney (work for a studio here in LA).
Very cool! Looking to move back to LA from NYC hopefully soon.
Old 10 February 2023, 06:32 AM   #59
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Very cool! Looking to move back to LA from NYC hopefully soon.
Nice, let me know if you make it back and we can grab a drink and talk about this horrible addiction we have lol.
Old 10 February 2023, 07:43 AM   #60
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice, let me know if you make it back and we can grab a drink and talk about this horrible addiction we have lol.
Would love that! Will do