The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 January 2023, 03:15 AM   #1
sss205
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub.
AP Atlanta Boutique

Hello everyone!

Does anyone here have experience with the Atlanta boutique? I registered my interest back in November '22 and had basically an interview of sorts, which browsing posts here seems to be par for the course with AP.

As the Atlanta boutique is owned by WoS, I have just over $50k in spend history (no AP) with them within about a 5 month relationship, which my SA at Mayor's next door told me is something they'd be able to see in their system as well. Totally understand that's nowhere near what the heavy (or even mid) hitters are at, but I consider it a start nonetheless.

I checked back in around Xmas to say hello, and my AP SA told me "things are in motion", which sounds cryptic but better than a brushoff at least.

My #1 target is a RO chrono, then RO and then quite a few ROO models as I'm looking to jump into the brand beyond just one watch so I'm not overly picky outside of not wanting a base Code.

Apologies for the long post, but I was curious if anyone has experience specifically with the wait time and what may be expected as a first allocation.
sss205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 05:25 AM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
November’22 wasn’t long ago at all, I’d keep checking in periodically to show that you’re still interested. For what it’s worth I’d expect it to take a couple of years maybe even three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 05:26 AM   #3
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
Didn’t have a great experience there. Just trying to push their wildly overpriced used collection.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 06:00 AM   #4
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I’d echo what Ash said, November isn’t that long ago. Just keep showing interest and check in now and again. As my Nan used to say to me ‘patience is a virtue’.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 08:26 AM   #5
construda
"TRF" Member

Who was your SA?
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 10:47 AM   #6
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

Good luck with any boutiques I waited for years and never got anywhere so I purchased from the grey market. They don’t make it easy to buy direct that’s for sure!
Rmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 11:19 AM   #7
whiterabbit66
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss205 View Post
Hello everyone!

Does anyone here have experience with the Atlanta boutique? I registered my interest back in November '22 and had basically an interview of sorts, which browsing posts here seems to be par for the course with AP.

As the Atlanta boutique is owned by WoS, I have just over $50k in spend history (no AP) with them within about a 5 month relationship, which my SA at Mayor's next door told me is something they'd be able to see in their system as well. Totally understand that's nowhere near what the heavy (or even mid) hitters are at, but I consider it a start nonetheless.

I checked back in around Xmas to say hello, and my AP SA told me "things are in motion", which sounds cryptic but better than a brushoff at least.

My #1 target is a RO chrono, then RO and then quite a few ROO models as I'm
looking to jump into the brand beyond just one watch so I'm not overly picky outside of not wanting a base Code.

Apologies for the long post, but I was curious if anyone has experience specifically with the wait time and what may be expected as a first allocation.
Yes I have bought a couple of AP's there. If SA said that then it sounds good for you, they don't tend to over promise. I am waiting on a watch for the wife and its been 6 months already, my SA said it would be very hard this year. Atlanta is a very hot market for lux good so I can believe the demand. FWIW my first buy was a ROO and it took about a year.
whiterabbit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 12:49 PM   #8
sss205
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by construda View Post
Who was your SA?
Bjorn. He was great the couple times I spoke with him. Definitely took time out to sit and chat through things with me. I'm friends with my SA over at Mayor's so I at least get some insight into allocations from them, but AP is a bit of mystery even for him.

And yes, totally understand that Nov is not too long ago. Just didn't know whether folks' experience was more 6-ish months or multiple years.

I also wonder with broader economic issues like the tech layoffs if that will impact demand any.
sss205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 03:19 PM   #9
Armis
"TRF" Member

If you’re also interested in the ROO line, then considering that as a first option may get you a piece faster and expedite you being allocated the ROC you’ve asked for. Just a consideration. But what the SA said does sound promising, not on the order of years.
Armis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 04:34 PM   #10
squall1
"TRF" Member

Don't do this if you really want the ROC, but if you really like something from the ROO line, I'd make it clear that you would also take that if offered. I think once your first watch comes, the rest come quicker. Not ATL specific, just my 2 cents.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2023, 08:28 AM   #11
whiterabbit66
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO,
Quote:
Bjorn. He was great the couple times I spoke with him. Definitely took time out to sit and chat through things with me. I'm friends with my SA over at Mayor's so I at least get some insight into allocations from them, but AP is a bit of mystery even for him.

And yes, totally understand that Nov is not too long ago. Just didn't know whether folks' experience was more 6-ish months or multiple years.

I also wonder with broader economic issues like the tech layoffs if that will impact demand any.
In Atl you have a massive list of movie and sports people waiting. No slow down whatsoever at this location.
whiterabbit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 09:20 AM   #12
construda
"TRF" Member

Quote:

FWIW he seems like a straight shooter, they are all pretty cool at that boutique. They all have to fight for a particular client to get a particular piece so if he says things are in the works I would try and sit back and trust.
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 11:20 PM   #13
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Bjorn is the man! I started with a ROO which was the only AP I was interested in at the time. It seems to be a good place to start for first AP purchase from an AD(that or code). Be patient he will come through although it may be a ROO first before you’re allocated a stainless RO based on what you registered interest in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triple.lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 12:06 AM   #14
cornsyrup_bezel
"TRF" Member

good luck OP i didn't know WOS had AP boutiques
cornsyrup_bezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 11:42 AM   #15
value.target
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, PP
Quote:
Hello everyone!

My #1 target is a RO chrono, then RO and then quite a few ROO models as I'm looking to jump into the brand beyond just one watch so I'm not overly picky outside of not wanting a base Code.

Did you get a call for your 1st AP? A buddy of mine who lives in Atlanta also is waiting for his first AP
value.target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 04:24 PM   #16
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I was there about 2 months ago me and the wifey went to the LV fashion show in ATL so I decided to pop in and check it out. as I have a Nomad who told me that they are NOT part of AP and WOS runs the show there i had a talk with them and chatted for a little while they looked up my profile and I was offered a 11:59 there with the brown dial but passed as I have specific pieces I’m looking for.

This is a much harder spot to get an AP allocation I am seeing more allocations coming to friends who are collectors but I always sit back and wait for holidays to pass before I would attempt to get an allocation. I really feel that the market will slow down over the next 2-3 months dipping a little with the typical after holiday slowdown. Then for the rest of the year a stable zig zag watch market.

I
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2023, 05:41 AM   #17
jokerjacket
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
I have a Nomad who told me that they are NOT part of AP and WOS runs the show there i had a talk with them and chatted for a little while they looked up my profile and I was offered a 11:59 there with the brown dial but passed as I have specific pieces I’m looking for.
Interesting, does that mean the actual AP-ran boutiques are on different systems? I wonder if there are disadvantages with the non-AP ran ones (outside of the quantity of allocations to the store). Do they make you buy stuff from their non-AP side of the house to get allocations for AP.
jokerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2023, 05:54 AM   #18
Pboned
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I’d be interested to know about this as well. I would go the same route.
Pboned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2023, 01:18 PM   #19
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Bjorn is a good guy. You will get something.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 12:39 PM   #20
Pboned
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
If your AD is already a WOS store, would it be a good idea to talk to your AD for a contact? Or just go to AP WOS and try that way?
Pboned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 05:46 PM   #21
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerjacket View Post
Interesting, does that mean the actual AP-ran boutiques are on different systems? I wonder if there are disadvantages with the non-AP ran ones (outside of the quantity of allocations to the store). Do they make you buy stuff from their non-AP side of the house to get allocations for AP.
Correct as far as I remember I was told they don’t have control over those type of locations.
As far as allocations Vs AP run boutique I can only imagine that there has to be a difference in allocation amount.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 02:00 AM   #22
rjohnston713
"TRF" Member

Experience at Atlanta AP

Just stumbled upon this thread. I first met with a SA Asiya coming up on 2 years ago now. I have checked in a few times and feel like I've gotten brushed off for the most part. I have a smaller wrist and am looking for a 15550 or 26715 which I thought might be easier than the jumbo or the 41mm versions.

Has anyone ever tried switching SAs or would that be total taboo?

Was going to check back in this week and try to keep the ball rolling.
rjohnston713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 02:57 AM   #23
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohnston713 View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. I first met with a SA Asiya coming up on 2 years ago now. I have checked in a few times and feel like I've gotten brushed off for the most part. I have a smaller wrist and am looking for a 15550 or 26715 which I thought might be easier than the jumbo or the 41mm versions.

Has anyone ever tried switching SAs or would that be total taboo?
Some people here have reported switching SAs or boutiques to greater success. Not much to lose, from the sound of it.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote