The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 July 2022, 02:34 AM   #1
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Montblanc 1858 Iced Sea - Blue Dial

I walked into our local Montblanc boutique on Thursday night and saw one, lone, solitary blue-dial MB 1858 Iced Sea sitting in the store. It was captivating under the lights, so I asked to see it and, as soon as I picked it up, I made the decision to buy it.

Two days in, I'm underwhelmed by the watch's accuracy (or lack thereof). +13 spd isn't a good start. The Sellita SW200-1 base movement should be more accurate than that. I suppose that I could take it and have it regulated locally or send it to MB, but, I kind of don't want to do that with a brand new watch.

Other than that, the watch is a total winner in my book. The dial is beautiful and I really like the dual-colored bezel - it's very subtle, but, when you see it, it stands out.

The bracelet is definitely a winner. The easy-slide adjustment system is one of the better systems I've seen for making quick, minor adjustments to bracelet size, The clasp is solid, and the name etching / imprint on the clasp adds a nice touch.

Overall, for the price, it seems like a heck of a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (152.5 KB, 160 views)
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 10:44 PM   #2
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Not sure what those go for. Frankly, I never understood why brands that are known for other products (love my Montblanc and Pelikan pens) or fashion go into watches. Other than selling them obviously. Same with Cartier or things like that.
What even is this? Maybe I’m missing a joke here perhaps. Is this actually one of the watches produced by the famous pen maker? The logo etc looks nothing like it.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 10:44 PM   #3
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Not sure what those go for. Frankly, I never understood why brands that are known for other products (love my Montblanc and Pelikan pens) or fashion go into watches. Other than selling them obviously. Same with Cartier or things like that.
What even is this? Maybe I’m missing a joke here perhaps. Is this actually one of the watches produced by the famous pen maker? The logo etc looks nothing like it.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote