The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 December 2022, 01:49 AM   #1
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Omega Bond No Time to Die - Thoughts

The NTTD is a unique watch. I must have used the word “interesting” 3 times at the AD. The brown dial hue is warm and works so well with the hour markers. The domed crystal really brings out the vintage vibe carried across the entire watch. The broad arrow on the dial in tan is a really nice touch of nostalgia, movie-military lol or not, doesn’t matter in this watch. The weight is nothing like another watch. You instantly feel how light the watch is. The color tones chosen are of a desert and sandy terrain. It feels like you can hit the trails and exercise with it. This watch’s aesthetics show how Omega can take a rather dressy Seamaster 300 and turn it into a military-esk/vintage modern tool watch. The bracelet brings it all together. The tone of the mesh in titanium works very well.

I’m really appreciating how unique and special the watch and mesh bracelet is. My only gripe is the $9,200 price tag. The upside is this get discontinued and the price hangs in there. It’s a movie branded watch so it might be short lived. I don’t know if Omega will carry this theme into a re-released military line. Similarly to IWC, possibly release a drab green, desert tan, navy blue all in Titanium?

The downside is if Omega releases more similar themed non-bond watches, prices will most likely be lower, hurting resale value of the NTTD.

Anyone else love this piece? I think it’s being slept on and I see potential for collectors to wake up to this stunning yet subtle piece.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 02:54 AM   #2
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I've just recently got one less than a week. I decided to pull the trigger as I've concluded that:
1. A watch shouldn't really be viewed as an investment (it'll hold some kind of value which is good enough)
2. Being an omega I don't expect it to go up in value TBH as they'll definitely be some more limited edition.
3. Being a bit Bias however, I do think if they do other sort of limited series similar to it this will still be the 1st version (O.G. which is good enough for me)
kentheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 07:47 AM   #3
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
My AD has one. I have looked at it many times and do really appreciate what they have done with this watch. But the price seem high for what you get.

I could see high 6's or even low 7's. But 9K just seems a bit much to me anyway.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2022, 12:16 AM   #4
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Great watch, love mine. Think it will be quite sought after when they eventually discontinue it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the very near future too.
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 07:59 AM   #5
seriously_watch_this
"TRF" Member

Watch: Today a Yachtmstr
Price is waaaay to high for this. It's a standard 300...no grappling hook, no laser...nothing, lol!! Might feel differently if the movie performed better, if the timing of the watch release vs. the movie release was more coordinated, if it were a 40mm, if it came on a better strap, etc...Also, feel like that price is a large reflection of Daniel Craig having direct "creative" input on the actual design of the watch, vs. just being a spokesman for it.
seriously_watch_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2022, 06:01 AM   #6
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
I didn’t buy the hype. I bought the watch a year ago. And I love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7F3968DC-EC4F-479D-B95C-CA32EBAD9CE5.jpeg (131.3 KB, 831 views)
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2022, 05:41 PM   #7
shalako
"TRF" Member

I had one and it really liked it, I ultimately sold it because I never managed to get a good fit with the bracelet and I don’t like NATO straps but I do miss it.
There are a lot of them out there though, I don’t think I’ve ever been in an Omega AD that doesn’t have at least one of them on display, if it had been a
Limited edition model then there is no doubt it would have been very collectible.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2022, 04:39 AM   #8
Cassidyanne
Banned

Bought the watch when it first came out from my local AD at a very ice discount. As much as I loved the look of the watch, the bracelet just didn't work on my wrist. As discussed countless times, if your wrist is below 7', problems with gaps on the side along with bulkiness and just generally uncomfortable, at the clasp. Its true they came out with a smaller bracelet so that might help. The only problem is you can't straight swap out the standard bracelet for the smaller or larger one......they'll charge you for a new bracelet.

Anyway, just my thoughts a beautiful watch that must be boughts at a discount and, if your wrist is in the sweet spot, its a winner!
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2022, 04:48 AM   #9
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidyanne View Post
Bought the watch when it first came out from my local AD at a very ice discount. As much as I loved the look of the watch, the bracelet just didn't work on my wrist. As discussed countless times, if your wrist is below 7', problems with gaps on the side along with bulkiness and just generally uncomfortable, at the clasp. Its true they came out with a smaller bracelet so that might help. The only problem is you can't straight swap out the standard bracelet for the smaller or larger one......they'll charge you for a new bracelet.

Anyway, just my thoughts a beautiful watch that must be boughts at a discount and, if your wrist is in the sweet spot, its a winner!
My OB said they would swap out the bracelet as long as it was unused and they had the small one in stock. Kind of a weird situation if someone purchased from an AD at a discount and walks into the OB and they don't have a small in stock. It could be several weeks before the bracelet comes in so the person would be stuck spending $1000's on a watch that they can't wear.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2022, 06:04 AM   #10
FrankNYC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SubC & Red;JLC RDM
I like the look and weight... I just don't fancy the protruding helium escape valve
FrankNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2022, 06:39 AM   #11
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
My AD has one. I have looked at it many times and do really appreciate what they have done with this watch. But the price seem high for what you get.

I could see high 6's or even low 7's. But 9K just seems a bit much to me anyway.
Same thing with me. My AD has it sitting there, both versions and IMO, it's way overpriced. I really like this watch, but I just can't justify its cost. I would need a hefty discount and no tax to swing it in my mind. The odd thing is that I have owned both versions of this watch and sold them. I prefer the mesh bracelet and would probably put the watch on an OEM strap (that I already own) and wear it on the strap. It's the cost that is holding me back.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 07:05 AM   #12
Jackpotduc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710, 16520
Tried one on the other day at the AD
Def a nice watch!
Jackpotduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2022, 01:50 AM   #13
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post

I said the same exact thing to my SA when I looked at it. I can't get past the price starting with a 9. If it started with a 7, I'd be more interested. It's a bit too much for what it is. I'm not paying $2k for the Bond reference. I've seen like 1 movie.
Old 30 December 2022, 01:57 AM   #14
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I loved mine. I wore and liked it better on the nato. For me the lack of end links on the bracelet, made it look unfinished. Again that's just me...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2022, 02:39 AM   #15
Trogster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I loved mine. I wore and liked it better on the nato. For me the lack of end links on the bracelet, made it look unfinished. Again that's just me...
I concur...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bond3r.jpg (268.3 KB, 594 views)
Trogster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2022, 09:52 AM   #16
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
i cant stand it. i dont like the lume color. but that is me. i am in the minority.

prefer the SMP green or white to this one and save some coin.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2023, 08:27 AM   #17
rag5178
"TRF" Member

I love mine. My only gripe is that legibility can be poor sometimes due to the lack of anti reflective coating.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2023, 09:26 AM   #18
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Have had mine for about year and love it even more! It’s definitely a keeper!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 03:05 AM   #19
SvenNikolai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
I love mine. My only gripe is that legibility can be poor sometimes due to the lack of anti reflective coating.
On their website, Omega directly states that it has a domed, scratch-resistant, anti-reflective sapphire crystal on the inside.

I think the regular SMP in black is very, very nice (because I own it), but the NTTD is more than that. I would like it.
SvenNikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 04:37 AM   #20
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

It's too vintage for my taste, and I really like wave dial, although I like Daniel Craig more than Pierce Brosnan as Bond. I have to say Brosnan is a terrific actor, just not as 007 as Craig is imho. For me, the perfect bond watch is the wave dial, with date complication, on the old bond nato strap. But if you like the vintage look, this is a very good one. If the new bond watch had a date complication I would have ordered it.
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 05:38 AM   #21
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenNikolai View Post
On their website, Omega directly states that it has a domed, scratch-resistant, anti-reflective sapphire crystal on the inside.

I think the regular SMP in black is very, very nice (because I own it), but the NTTD is more than that. I would like it.
That’s correct, but the regular SMP has anti reflective coating on both sides. In person, the domed crystal combined with the lack of anti reflective coating on the outside leads to some angles/conditions where it is difficult to see the dial.
Old 6 January 2023, 05:47 AM   #22
rag5178
"TRF" Member

These photos are taken in the same lighting conditions and you can see how the crystal of the NTTD is much more reflective than the GP. It’s not a big deal for me personally, but it is one of the few things about the watch that I would change if I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 January 2023, 06:36 AM   #23
SvenNikolai
"TRF" Member

Based on your vivid pictures, one can understand the difference well. With my SMP, I often have the impression that Omega forgot to install a glass.
Nevertheless, it would hardly be a disadvantage for the NTTD for me either, but maybe gives it a little more of that special vintage look. I have often read in numerous posts from Rolex owners that they are happy that Rolex only coats their glasses on the inside. Reasons given for this are that an outer coating might be prone to scratches. I haven't seen the slightest scratch on my normal SMP, which I've had for about a year and a half.
SvenNikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 10:51 AM   #24
Adamfo85
"TRF" Member

Personally i love the watch. I’ve tried it on multiple times in that OB but like many of you said, I can’t justify the price. In my search for my first Rolex, I was able to purchase a rolex for slightly more than msrp on this watch. Pass for me but love the look of the watch.
Adamfo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 11:09 AM   #25
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
I really like it but consider it overpriced for what you get

Speculation about future value means nothing for me
It can be "worth" 10 times what you paid for it, but if its still on your wrist, it may as well be worth $0

Its a shame, I'd be picking one up in a heart beat if it carried only a slight premium over the regular SMP 300
Old 9 January 2023, 01:31 AM   #26
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

I’ve only had mine for a day, so I can’t give any long term reviews, but I personally would compare this watch to my Submariner as far a build quality, look, and wearable comfort. You cannot fully appreciate the beauty of this watch if you’ve only seen it in pictures or on video. You really have to see it in person and also to put it on your wrist to understand what it’s all about. Another point added for this watch is how it pairs well with a NATO strap. I don’t feel like other dive watches can get away with this so easily. It’s definitely a watch that stands apart from others and one that I will constantly reach for when considering which watch to wear from day to day. Well done Omega!
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 05:41 AM   #27
vikzzz
"TRF" Member

I did buy this and it fits and feels very nice.. at the same time I have to remind myself each time I wear it that this is the James Bond edition, coz I struggle justifying the $9200 I paid for it.
vikzzz is offline   Reply With Quote