The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 January 2023, 05:29 PM   #1
dEagle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Horage Supersede
Additional bracelet for sky dweller?

Went grey and got my dream watch - SS sky dweller blue dial on Oyster. My AD wasn't sounding convincing enough for me when I asked for a Sky Dweller, so decided to not play the game anymore.

Any idea if I can walk in to any AD and order the Jubilee bracelet? I know we could order bracelets for the GMT Master, but not sure about the Sky Dweller since it's not a sports model. Anyone went this route? Will there be wait times?
dEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 06:46 PM   #2
DubOhio
"TRF" Member

You should be able to. Wait is 2-4 weeks usually. Jubilee is around $1850 USD I think.
DubOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 07:19 PM   #3
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Yes, it's possible to order a jubilee. Some folks here have done it.
Best is to check with your nearest RSC.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 07:46 PM   #4
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEagle View Post
Any idea if I can walk in to any AD and order the Jubilee bracelet? I know we could order bracelets for the GMT Master, but not sure about the Sky Dweller since it's not a sports model. Anyone went this route? Will there be wait times?
In the UK yes. I don't know about the US.

Wait time for the TT bracelet was 5 weeks. My AD handled it. By way of comparison, I've just had my SS BLRO put on Jubilee by RSC London. I waited 6 months for the bracelet to arrive.

I think the SS blue goes particularly well with the Jubilee. If you think the Oyster is comfortable, just wait until you try the Jubilee.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 08:32 PM   #5
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Yes. Easily done now. Congrats on the Skydweller!
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 10:29 PM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I own all three SS Sky-Dwellers and they came on the Oyster Bracelet. I have ordered and replaced the Oyster on the white dial with the Jubilee and ordered another Jubilee bracelet. My AD made me produce the warranty card and would only order one at a time. So I am a couple of months into the wait, again. It will show up eventually and I will order a third Jubilee bracelet. The cost was around $1800 if I remember right. Well worth it for me.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 10:49 PM   #7
dEagle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Horage Supersede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
In the UK yes. I don't know about the US.

Wait time for the TT bracelet was 5 weeks. My AD handled it. By way of comparison, I've just had my SS BLRO put on Jubilee by RSC London. I waited 6 months for the bracelet to arrive.

I think the SS blue goes particularly well with the Jubilee. If you think the Oyster is comfortable, just wait until you try the Jubilee.
I'm aware of how comfortable the jubilee is. I have a BLNR on Jubilee and it's hands down the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn. I got the sky dweller on Oyster so that I could have a variety of bracelets for my watches, but I think I've gotten used to the feeling of Jubilee that the Oyster bracelet on Sky dweller feels heavy. Plus the watch itself is quite heavy on top. Did you notice any difference in weight between oyster and jubilee on the sky dweller?
dEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 11:42 PM   #8
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEagle View Post
Did you notice any difference in weight between oyster and jubilee on the sky dweller?
It was a difference. There is more to it than outright weight, the Jubilee adding a degree of comfort that gives an impression of it being lighter. As you say, the Sky Dweller is large and comparatively heavy. I think it wears particularly comfortably on Oyster but on Jubilee it vanishes - unless you are looking at it!

I have two SS Sky Dwellers, both sized the same, one on Oyster and one on Jubilee.

My blue on Jubilee weighs 169g.

My black on Oyster weighs 175g.

On my 6.75" wrist that's a noticeable difference, but the comfort factor blurs it.

My white TT on Jubilee weighs 198g but it actually wears more easily than my black SS on Oyster. It's heavier in the hand but the fit is so comfortable that it feels less intrusive. I suppose it also has to do with how much metal is in contact with the skin over a given area, how it lays on the skin, how much air passes through it and how it spreads the mass. Then there's personal preference, which is perhaps the biggest variable of all.
Old 28 January 2023, 04:41 AM   #9
easy.8
"TRF" Member

How do you like wearing the SkyDweller? I have the same sized wrists as you and have the new 41mm sub and while it's not uncomfortable, I feel it's at the upper limit of the watch sizes that would work for me. I do have 42mm watches but they quite thinner than the SkyDweller.
easy.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2023, 08:06 AM   #10
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.8 View Post
How do you like wearing the SkyDweller? I have the same sized wrists as you and have the new 41mm sub and while it's not uncomfortable, I feel it's at the upper limit of the watch sizes that would work for me. I do have 42mm watches but they quite thinner than the SkyDweller.
Was that to me?

My first Rolex was a 42mm Polar. It wears very comfortably. Wearing comfort was a big plus and the Explorer II wore more comfortably than any watch I have owned. The Sky Dweller is a bit thicker and heavier but just as comfortable. My watches sit just above the wrist bone on the elbow side.

Going Jubilee on the Sky Dweller slightly reduces the overall bulk and is more comfortable still. As far as size goes, there is no correct size rule. If you think it is too big, it is. If you think it fits, it does.
Old 29 January 2023, 05:40 AM   #11
nda
"TRF" Member

Yes you can swap - at least here in the UK. I put my Oyster equipped watch on a Jubilee and I think it really suits it. £1400 here.

nda is offline   Reply With Quote