The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 January 2018, 03:29 AM   #301
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

As I said good luck!
Lmao. Why do I get the feeling you don’t mean that?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 03:33 AM   #302
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Lmao. Why do I get the feeling you don’t mean that?
I sincerely do! I hope this works out for people that have put their money on the line. I have no interest as I have seen this type of hype buying before.

Plenty of other investments for me to build a long term plan on. Doing some research and I did not even realize that stock I already own is in this space.

Quote:
AbbVie Inc.
ABBV
AbbVie Inc
-0.87%

AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that is ahead of the pack because it has a cannabis-based drug on the market. The FDA approved Marinol, which helps alleviate nausea or vomiting for chemotherapy patients. The drug also helps AIDS patients who have lost their desire to eat. It is important to note that Marinol is not AbbVie's flagship drug. In fact, it is not even the company's biggest seller.
https://www.investopedia.com/investi...ijuana-stocks/

This suits my investment risk tolerance far better in addition to a current 2.86% dividend yield.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 03:42 AM   #303
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
Are there ETFs in this sector, and if so, would those be worth a look?
i posted all the US ETF info in this thread here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Nobody is "pumping and dumping." This is not a penny stock adventure. This is the now and the future.

This is billions of dollars of product that people want.

Legally people are tired of trying to find a hook up, a back alley dealer, someone who pinches off the top and shorts them. They want no pesticide locally grown legal THC and CBD with the profits going to local businesses not drug cartels. Properly taxed, regulated and dosed.

People have been smoking this illegally forever but now no longer want to be considered "criminals" when they do. Adults. Elderly. Baby boomers and millennials. Voters. Tax payers.

This is big business that big money, alcohol, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies who make huge PAC contributions are scared of and have to take notice of.

Times they are a changing.

This train has left the station. Prohibition is over.

a lot of people are just focusing on the flower or Canada... we passed those valuation metrics a while ago.

Aurora announced today plans for a 1,000,000 sq ft production facility in denmark design/build by Larssen, whom they recently acquired, with product to be distributed across the Nordic EU by Pedanios, whom they also recently acquired. 'Nordic' suggesting they still have Germany coming.

when people say 'medical' they aren't talking about the flower either. they're talking about harvesting the CBD or THC content and infusing it into topicals, gel caps, pain meds etc... opiods are on the way out, cannabinoids coming in hot.

you cant take the Canadian population, multiply by weed smokers, minus out some black market stuff and come up with the market.

instead you need to consider all of the markets and industries potentially disrupted by cannabis, hemp and all it's derivatives. edibles (food & beverage), medicinals (of all types), textiles (hemp) and all ancillary markets that service these industries... oh...and some people will probably still smoke the stuff too.

some people probably tried to apply typical due diligence to google and amazon back 15 years ago and lost out on millions of dollars in gains on a $5k investment.

those same people look at instagram and whatsapp buys as silly based on 'fundamentals'.

new industries create their own fundamentals. daily active users for example. and the smart money projects revenue potential based on industry-specific metrics.

*edit... even on a dip day it's nice when your tech and financial holdings prop you up a bit. over-weight weed... but never all-in :)
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 03:52 AM   #304
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
i posted all the US ETF info in this thread here:
Thank you!
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 04:25 AM   #305
littleolemoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
Cannabis stocks are selling off this morning because rumor has it that the U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is going to let the Obama Era Cole Memorandum policy (to not use Federal Funds to prosecute U.S. Marijuana businesses) expire. That’s all well and good, but we are talking about Canadian cannabis companies here. They are not subject to U.S. laws and if anything, a crackdown in the U.S. will only further bolster the top Canadian companies. They will be the only place to legally invest going forward until the U.S. sorts out it’s own cannabis policy...likely sooner than later now. Therefore, the thesis for Canadian cannabis is actually stronger than ever. Despite today’s dip, it is actually very bullish...unless the U.S. plans on invading Canada. Don’t see that on the horizon...at least until the Stanley Cup!

For those invested, take comfort in the aforementioned as a shareholder of a CANADIAN cannabis company, and for those looking for a good entry point before the Recreational launch around July 1st, here you go. I personally just bought another 20,000 shares at $13.80. These stocks will recover later today and into next week, once people figure out the aforementioned reality of today’s announcement. Good luck to those of you who also believe in the continued secular shift on global Cannabis legalization!
I am so glad I was patient these past few days and not jump in as all if not most climbed!!!!

I saw the dips this morning and finally decided to pull the trigger and execute the buys of several of the companies you had mentioned.

Thank you for your insights on this industry and now I'll simply sit back and enjoy the ride

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
littleolemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 05:30 AM   #306
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleolemoi View Post
I am so glad I was patient these past few days and not jump in as all if not most climbed!!!!

I saw the dips this morning and finally decided to pull the trigger and execute the buys of several of the companies you had mentioned.

Thank you for your insights on this industry and now I'll simply sit back and e joy the ride

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Good job! I bought more this morning as well.
And thanks for the information M!
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 06:26 AM   #307
kearez
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the Info Mcorliss, looks like a nice dip to buy more.
kearez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 08:00 AM   #308
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
One more political post and this thread is going up in smoke.

Unlocked one last try. If you want to talk about the stocks go ahead. If you want to talk about government and take in political direction will close again and dole out points.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT

Last edited by HL65; 5 January 2018 at 09:44 AM..
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 11:42 AM   #309
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
One more political post and this thread is going up in smoke.

Unlocked one last try. If you want to talk about the stocks go ahead. If you want to talk about government and take in political direction will close again and dole out points.
Thank you! I don’t believe anyone intentionally meant to discuss politics so much as mention a major development that indirectly impacted the original thread topic, albeit in the wrong country. The thread was solely meant to be an open dialogue on a fast growth industry in Canada, but unfortunately today’s U.S. specific news bled into the conversation. Hopefully, things stay on topic going forward.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 11:46 AM   #310
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Old 5 January 2018, 11:56 AM   #311
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
Like I said before lets get back on track. This is too good a topic to get locked down.
roaddog359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 12:20 PM   #312
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog359 View Post
Like I said before lets get back on track. This is too good a topic to get locked down.
Agree.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 01:35 PM   #313
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Nice dip today, picked up some HMMJ and APH
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 03:38 PM   #314
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

How many posts were deleted? There are a few I saw earlier I meant to reply to but was busy.

Do I need to become a pledge member to edit my own posts after a certain time period?
Old 5 January 2018, 03:46 PM   #315
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Virtually none if any of these pot companies are profitable and those that purport to be are using an agricultural accounting loophole that allows them to claim as profit unsold product held in inventory. This rule which is being looked at by regulators was originally intended to be used by agricultural companies and farmers with unharvested crops in the ground and existing market contracts for those crops. Most of these so called pot profits have been burned due to mold and storage issues. These companies are sitting on tons of unsold product with a short shelf life. These are penny stocks on steroids without any existing market other than medical sales to support the valuations currently being given them. Their cost of production is high and labor intensive. I believed before today there was better than a 50% chance Canada would not legalize for recreational use in July as is proposed. Now a 90% chance. Then again maybe I'm mistaken but Canada was on the threshold of legalization once before and backed off.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2018, 05:56 PM   #316
BristolCavendish
Banned

The Carpetbagging Has Begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
Virtually none if any of these pot companies are profitable and those that purport to be are using an agricultural accounting loophole that allows them to claim as profit unsold product held in inventory. This rule which is being looked at by regulators was originally intended to be used by agricultural companies and farmers with unharvested crops in the ground and existing market contracts for those crops. Most of these so called pot profits have been burned due to mold and storage issues. These companies are sitting on tons of unsold product with a short shelf life. These are penny stocks on steroids without any existing market other than medical sales to support the valuations currently being given them. Their cost of production is high and labor intensive. I believed before today there was better than a 50% chance Canada would not legalize for recreational use in July as is proposed. Now a 90% chance. Then again maybe I'm mistaken but Canada was on the threshold of legalization once before and backed off.
A valid observation that a self-proclaimed 'expert' peddling marijuana investor tips/newsletters conveniently overlooked (and failed to address) in his compelling video presentation. All he did was showcase the U.S. states that have legalized medical/recreational marijuana via PowerPoint graphs, encouraging everyone to get into this lucrative opportunity at their earliest convenience.

Now Everybody Can Become a Marijuana Millionaire! A $744.00 value for only $99.00. Subscribe today.

https://moneymorning.com/acq/weed/le...14165&src=bing

Students of American history will recall that very few individuals actually got rich from the California, Yukon and Comstock Lode gold/silver rushes. The ones that did were usually the store/saloon keepers, ladies of the night, tool/clothing manufacturers + the guy walking around selling 'maps' and pointing in various directions.

That said. For those actively involved (and so inclined), hoping you all do well.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2018, 12:56 AM   #317
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Question for you -- do you know if these businesses are classified as "agricultural" for purposes of Provincial regulations? For those that are not aware, if you are classified as agricultural, you do not pay sales tax or taxes on your fuel (purple or dyed fuel), etc. Its a very good deal if you can get it. Anyway, if they are currently considered Ag I would be concerned about that designation holding once recreational comes into play and these businesses try to scale. Most Provinces are broke and they will not leave that much money on the table. Perhaps a future concern but not make or break for well run companies.

For US exposure to this industry in a non-speculative way would be SMG, but that won't give you the wild price swings that the Canuck stocks are currently providing.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2018, 02:16 AM   #318
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
ladies of the night
what's the ticker? i have no exposure to this market, do you suggest i 'diversify'?

:)
Old 6 January 2018, 02:33 AM   #319
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
what's the ticker? i have no exposure to this market, do you suggest i 'diversify'?

:)
You’d have to change your wardrobe...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3B039AF4-5A8C-48F6-96D5-664086B515F1.jpeg (140.0 KB, 190 views)
Old 6 January 2018, 02:40 AM   #320
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

you havent seen my wardrobe i guess ;)

nice bounce today. IMH and HVST (laggard stocks) are up strong. They've been undervalued compared to peer set and actually still are. I have a few down the line that are even moreso.

I cannot imagine for the life of me why HIP suddenly has a market cap as high as FIRE. Particularly with ACB saying they dont want HIP.
Old 6 January 2018, 02:56 AM   #321
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
you havent seen my wardrobe i guess ;)

nice bounce today. IMH and HVST (laggard stocks) are up strong. They've been undervalued compared to peer set and actually still are. I have a few down the line that are even moreso.

I cannot imagine for the life of me why HIP suddenly has a market cap as high as FIRE. Particularly with ACB saying they dont want HIP.
I can’t even figure why ACB’s market cap is 2x APH.
Old 6 January 2018, 03:11 AM   #322
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Only reasons i can think are hype-train with their very aggressive acquisition pace and that APH at the moment only has US exposure outside of Canada (likely why MJX doesnt hold them) where as ACB has very significant EU exposure.

I just took a small position in NINE - Delta 9. Very small production numbers but they have one of the only licenses in Manitoba to sell which means they will likely get priority for the supply agreement in the province, they have a supply deal with Canopy (will be acquired?) and they are trading just below thier recent PP of $23M last month at $2.70. Also, they have not run up AT ALL in the last few weeks when everything else mooned.
Old 6 January 2018, 03:22 AM   #323
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Interested in anybody's input with respect to peripheral companies to this industry. Especially waste management. Have been watching Micron Waste. Any thoughts on them or other companies providing the same product/services?

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2018, 09:04 AM   #324
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Question for you -- do you know if these businesses are classified as "agricultural" for purposes of Provincial regulations? For those that are not aware, if you are classified as agricultural, you do not pay sales tax or taxes on your fuel (purple or dyed fuel), etc. Its a very good deal if you can get it. Anyway, if they are currently considered Ag I would be concerned about that designation holding once recreational comes into play and these businesses try to scale. Most Provinces are broke and they will not leave that much money on the table. Perhaps a future concern but not make or break for well run companies.

For US exposure to this industry in a non-speculative way would be SMG, but that won't give you the wild price swings that the Canuck stocks are currently providing.
That is a good question and I would suspect yes is the answer as they are utilizing agricultural accounting practices and most here in BC and Ont. are located on or adjacent to farm land in smaller communities. In BC the licensed growers can not compete with the current street prices and newly added taxes and escalating electricity costs will make that more difficult going forward. Even the underground community find the electricity costs a big factor presuming they are paying for it and not taking it.
Old 6 January 2018, 09:13 AM   #325
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can’t even figure why ACB’s market cap is 2x APH.
I can tell you but it is not allowed to be discussed here. Follow the friendship trail and read old press announcements, you will get your answer.
Old 6 January 2018, 09:20 AM   #326
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can tell you but it is not allowed to be discussed here. Follow the friendship trail and read old press announcements, you will get your answer.
Trust me, I follow...connections clearly matter, but still, the markets are the ultimate arbiters of valuation.
Old 6 January 2018, 10:10 AM   #327
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Trust me, I follow...connections clearly matter, but still, the markets are the ultimate arbiters of valuation.
Chicken and egg equation
Old 7 January 2018, 12:07 AM   #328
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Only reasons i can think are hype-train with their very aggressive acquisition pace and that APH at the moment only has US exposure outside of Canada (likely why MJX doesnt hold them) where as ACB has very significant EU exposure.

I just took a small position in NINE - Delta 9. Very small production numbers but they have one of the only licenses in Manitoba to sell which means they will likely get priority for the supply agreement in the province, they have a supply deal with Canopy (will be acquired?) and they are trading just below thier recent PP of $23M last month at $2.70. Also, they have not run up AT ALL in the last few weeks when everything else mooned.
You were right on Cronos, but at what valuation does it start looking expensive? It’s US$1.2 Bln at this point, yet they have very little production capacity already online, yet I do like the multiple licenses/locations, branding, and European exposure. Like most, come end of 2018, they should be rolling along, but still, kind of feeling like it has gotten way ahead of itself here...which keeps bringing me back to the more conservative Aphria.

Have some Hydropothecary I keep popping in and out of, but looking for a few other plus $300mm/minus $1bln market cap companies with funded capacity coming online sooner than later, ideally ready for the rec launch. I’m a bit pickier because of the amount of money I’m staking on my cannabis investments. I tend to go in very heavy, make my money, scale a portion back, then buyback on significant dips or other relative valuation arb opportunities.

Canopy, Aurora, Aphria have all worked very nicely, but feel Aphria has another leg up soon. Perhaps earnings on January 15th will be another catalyst, in addition to any acquisitions, given their new war chest.
Old 7 January 2018, 09:04 AM   #329
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Cronos just did a PP at very good terms, no warrants, $8.75/share: http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...667656993.html

to me that sets a decent floor.

as for production capacity if they cant produce their own they'll just pull supply from other LP's until they can. many of them are working together at this point.

for mid-caps look at VFF - Village Farms. hooked into EMH but they already had a $200M market cap from their vegetable business and are multi-national. They popped up quite a bit but are still very fairly priced considering their outlook and their existing revenue base.

on the flip side, as a shout out to the nay sayers... there are a number of these stocks trading 100% on hype that are waaaaaaaaaaay over valued at this point. i look at HIP. huge market cap and nothing to support it. MGW is now in that category as well which is why i sold.

when there is a pull-back these will be the companies that pop the hardest and may full a few others into over-correction.
Old 8 January 2018, 11:05 AM   #330
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Additional resources for those interested, these guys are doing some decent DD and some decent analysis all things considered, this article is a piece on IMH, who popped 30% on license news on friday. The stock is halted but has had the lowest price/book value of any late stage license applicant in recent months:

https://www.primedequities.ca/2018/0...d-value-stock/

the full list in order of favorable PB Ratio and EV/funded capacity is here:

funded capacity is reference to the total kilograms of production for which the capital has already been raised, it does not mean they are currently producing that amount necessarily.

This analysis is also about a week old at this point. IMH and HVST ran up hard on Friday. 20%+ each and IMH is expected to open 20%+ higher tomorrow morning.