The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 25 July 2020, 08:26 AM   #31
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Clearly something went wrong here. It appears a different bracelet. I have no comment on who is telling the truth here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 July 2020, 08:49 AM   #32
Jocke
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
My first thought is why would a seller with a spotless reputation scam with a bracelet when he normally sells watches for significantly
higher amounts? That make no sense to me. With this, I do not take sides for any of those involved, but just try to understand.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Old 25 July 2020, 09:02 AM   #33
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
That is exactly why I am so confused. That and also why would he become so combative when all I did was take pictures, send them, and ask for my money back because the bracelet clearly didn’t arrive in the same condition as advertised.

Also why would I waste my time posting this thread? I do a hundred + deals a year all over forums, Facebook and IG, $825 in the grand scheme of things isn’t going to change my life, but it is still $825. I’m just as confused as you are and I don’t want anyone else to have this happen to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
My first thought is why would a seller with a spotless reputation scam with a bracelet when he normally sells watches for significantly
higher amounts? That make no sense to me. With this, I do not take sides for any of those involved, but just try to understand.
Old 25 July 2020, 11:36 AM   #34
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
I cant read the small print on the shipping label. Did the package come from Greece?
Old 25 July 2020, 12:09 PM   #35
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
I cant read the small print on the shipping label. Did the package come from Greece?

That’s what it looks like to me, sellers in Greece. Who knows what could happen through international post across a couple continents

Old 25 July 2020, 01:10 PM   #36
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
That’s what it looks like to me, sellers in Greece. Who knows what could happen through international post across a couple continents

Old 25 July 2020, 02:50 PM   #37
dummykid
"TRF" Member

I feel like next time when I open up the package, I should video all the process.
Old 25 July 2020, 03:28 PM   #38
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post
I feel like next time when I open up the package, I should video all the process.

I have done this for years on every watch I buy.

Old 25 July 2020, 03:39 PM   #39
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
This really sucks Jeff. I hope this gets sorted out.

Old 25 July 2020, 06:35 PM   #40
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Reading further, TempoKing with exemplary feedback ships ‘perfect’ bracelet. Jfullm42, also with great feedback receives a less than perfect bracelet.
It would appear that 2 bracelets are involved here, TempoKing mentioned the number of links on bracelet he sent; suggesting that the one shown by Jfullm42 is missing links as well?
It would help if TempoKing could provide further information about shipping and packaging to confirm it was indeed the correct parcel. As I stated before, perhaps Jfullm42 could post a image matching that of TempoKing to see what stretch the bracelet had. That would certainly confirm whether we are looking at 2 different items.
Either way, this reflects badly in both well-respected parties.
Old 25 July 2020, 07:02 PM   #41
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

There appears to be a person of a similar name based in Florida according to Facebook and other links when you google “TempoKing watches”. Is this the same person?
Old 25 July 2020, 07:19 PM   #42
swatty
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Game
When I look at the original add, the pics are very over exposed. If you look closely there appears to be lots of blemishes on the links.
Old 25 July 2020, 11:17 PM   #43
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Whats curious is how the format to these recent 'TEMPOKING' sales has changed. Tempoking has been selling for many years and only in the last week or 2 has a cellphone number been added to the listings. Does the number match much earlier transactions when buyers have communicated directly with Anastasios?
Old 26 July 2020, 01:35 AM   #44
samuel019

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
I have done this for years on every watch I buy.

100%

I have quite a few videos stored in my phone even from some of the biggest/best sellers on TRF. All the way from showing the sealed tape to the very end. Its also kinda cool to relive the moment
Old 26 July 2020, 01:39 AM   #45
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
100%

I have quite a few videos stored in my phone even from some of the biggest/best sellers on TRF. All the way from showing the sealed tape to the very end. Its also kinda cool to relive the moment

indeed! And it is fun to relive that moment, and cover our asses as well!

Old 26 July 2020, 01:39 AM   #46
samuel019

Sorry I quoted the wrong statement but my comment was in reference to making videos.

As far as the issue at hand I would hate to be either parties especially if as the seller I knew I sent a perfect bracelet but the buyer also has perfect long time standing here on TRF. Just a sticky situation. I feel for both of you. Maybe a tad more for the buyer. I am sure he feels gutted.
Old 26 July 2020, 01:40 AM   #47
samuel019

Quote:
indeed! And it is fun to relive that moment, and cover our asses as well!

Exactly!!!
Old 26 July 2020, 02:52 AM   #48
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
This really sucks Jeff. I hope this gets sorted out.

Thanks Tom, appreciate it, it really does suck and worse, people are now questioning my integrity. Why would I go through all the hassle of creating this thread if I were trying to scam him? What would I have to prove? Makes zero logical sense to me, but hey people will make their own choices. I know I can sleep at night knowing that I am 100% telling the truth. My integrity is worth more than a bracelet.

I created this as a warning thread, not a, “Hey am I telling the truth thread,” lol. For all who don’t know, I am a Pastor of a church and have been for years. Watches are a side gig, I have 100% positive feedback. If anything I’d say I typically go over the top to make sure everyone knows what they are getting, and if it isn’t as described I make it right.

Our community is small and our reputation is everything, why would I try to muddle mine by lying over a bracelet? Come on everyone, please wake up here. He posts a few combative posts saying it’s not the same bracelet and that it’s closed to him and now I have to prove it, what a joke. You are right it’s not the same bracelet.

Below are pictures of the bracelet in his pictures and the one I received again. The thing that really gets me is it is the same clasp code and the clasp is in good shape. The links on either side of the clasp have a nice brushing and then every link after the perm link attached to the clasp have a different brushing and are in way worse shape. That is why I’ve said that it looks like the links were swapped. It is as someone also pointed out only 13 links and not 14. One of the screws isn’t even screwed all the way back in to where the links were where I believe swapped. I haven’t touched or altered anything on the bracelet. It has been sitting in the same packaging since I received it on my dresser.

Old 26 July 2020, 03:26 AM   #49
42itus
"TRF" Member

I don’t know Tempoking but based on what I’m seeing as far as his reputation this is really a mystery. It doesn’t make sense that a seller would immediately dismiss this without wanting to know what happened. Now his reputation is ruined unless he attempts to work with Jeff but it sounds like seller has moved on.

The way I see it, one of 3 things happened.

Seller’s account got hacked. But if that’s the case why would the thief go through the trouble for just a bracelet?

Seller thinks he sent the correct bracelet but buyer somehow received the wrong one. This is far fetched but if this is what happened why wouldn’t the seller try to investigate and work with the buyer to get some answers.

Seller knowingly misrepresented the bracelet. In my opinion this is the most likely scenario. But why? Why ruin your reputation over a $825 bracelet?

I have no dog in this fight besides knowing that this could have easily happened to me. Except I don’t have feedback and references like Jeff does. So if this happened to me I would even hate to make it public because the court of TRF opinion would definitely side with Tempoking because of his reputation. So the fact that it happened to someone like Jeff and the seller still doesn’t give a rip is scary.

Again, I hope this somehow gets worked out. For the sake of the TRF trading community. As much as this sucks I’m glad Jeff brought it to light.

Old 26 July 2020, 04:16 AM   #50
perchek
"TRF" Member

I don't know either party here, but as it's been said by previous posters, it doesn't look good for the seller in how he just so easily dismissed the issue. Especially knowing that the buyer is attempting to impugn the integrity of the seller, by titling the thread "TempoKing is Horrible, Beware!" If I was the seller and knew there was 0 truth to this, I would either: continue posting to refute what the buyer is saying, or try and figure out how someone could have damaged the bracelet. From what has been said about TempoKing, perhaps he is a prolific seller and has people working for him, who could have done something to the bracelet before shipping? Either way, he has refused to offer possibilities outside of it being the buyer's fault, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so it doesn't look good for him.
Old 26 July 2020, 04:17 AM   #51
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
How about if seller refunds $412.50 to buyer. Buyer then advertises the bracelet for sale. Even in the condition it's in, it must be worth at least a couple/few hundred dollars. Seller and buyer then split the sale price. Everybody walks away, probably down a couple of hundred dollars, and anyone who reads this thread is free to draw his/her own conclusions.
Old 26 July 2020, 04:37 AM   #52
afnios1

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
it looks like the buyer removed a link from this bracelet.Why to do this if the bracelet is not as described in Tempokings adv??
I know Tempoking,have done bussiness with,is a stand up guy and not in need for few hundred bucks.
Old 26 July 2020, 04:45 AM   #53
42itus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
it looks like the buyer removed a link from this bracelet.Why to do this if the bracelet is not as described in Tempokings adv??
I know Tempoking,have done bussiness with,is a stand up guy and not in need for few hundred bucks.

I’m completely speculating but I don’t think the buyer removed a link. I think we are looking at two completely different bracelets.
Just as you can vouch for the seller I can tell you that Jeff does not have it in him to buy a bracelet and claim it’s different and try to return it. That’s what makes this so puzzling.

Old 26 July 2020, 05:43 AM   #54
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Old adage that is important to remember in business ... the client/customer is always right. In this case, that's Jeff.

Even if TempoKing is 100 precent convinced he's done nothing wrong here, he should take the bracelet back and issue a full refund. That's what good sellers do, even if they think the buyer is unreasonable or super picky or just insane.

I'm not necessarily taking sides, but that seems like the prudent thing to do here, regardless of the facts, especially because of the relatively small amount of money involved.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 26 July 2020, 06:31 AM   #55
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
Or the seller removed links and didn't tighten the retaining screw. Both scenarios are equally plausible. As Jeff says the permanent links and clasp look identical to the bracelet in the seller's FS listing. That suggests its not a case of OP receiving wrong bracelet by mistake.
The removable links have been swapped with shagged out parts. By whom? Who knows but someone does. The stretch in OP's bracelet is unbelievable, not to mention the discrepancy in the condition. No overexposure or other camera tricks are going to mask the state of those parts.
Old 26 July 2020, 06:39 AM   #56
Jocke

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Old adage that is important to remember in business ... the client/customer is always right. In this case, that's Jeff.

Even if TempoKing is 100 precent convinced he's done nothing wrong here, he should take the bracelet back and issue a full refund. That's what good sellers do, even if they think the buyer is unreasonable or super picky or just insane.

I'm not necessarily taking sides, but that seems like the prudent thing to do here, regardless of the facts, especially because of the relatively small amount of money involved.

Just my 2 cents.
If we now ignore this deal, the buyer can be a scammer as well, so to always say that the seller is responsible for taking back the
product is not entirely true.

In this case, no one knows more than the buyer & seller who is telling the truth, so it is difficult for us to decide who is right or wrong.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Old 26 July 2020, 06:58 AM   #57
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
If we now ignore this deal, the buyer can be a scammer as well, so to always say that the seller is responsible for taking back the
product is not entirely true.

In this case, no one knows more than the buyer & seller who is telling the truth, so it is difficult for us to decide who is right or wrong.

Jocke, I’ve always admired your posts and your pictures. As someone who most likely knows the seller or has worked with him in the past I can see why it would be hard to see my side, but please stop and look at the facts of this case.

Try to find a negative feedback on me, you won’t. That’s a strong statement and I’ll stand by it.

I’m trying to think as someone who would scam someone, which I don’t even know how to do, but wouldn’t you think if I were and he didn’t take it back via email that I would just say ok whatever I’ll be happy with the bracelet and “magically pull out the links I swapped” and move on with my life?

Why would I go through all of this trouble? All for an $825 bracelet that I was going to throw on a watch worth in the mid $20’s... help me here please. I need to know how people can logically think this would make sense.

Old 26 July 2020, 07:00 AM   #58
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Maybe someone in customs swapped it out?
Old 26 July 2020, 07:09 AM   #59
-dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfullm42 View Post
Jocke, I’ve always admired your posts and your pictures. As someone who most likely knows the seller or has worked with him in the past I can see why it would be hard to see my side, but please stop and look at the facts of this case.

No dog in the fight, but from the audience POV, or at least my POV, there are 2 sets of “facts.”

There’s no winner here. Shitty situation, for sure. Feel bad for both of y’all.
Old 26 July 2020, 07:10 AM   #60
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfullm42 View Post

Try to find a negative feedback on me, you won’t. That’s a strong statement and I’ll stand by it.

I’m trying to think as someone who would scam someone, which I don’t even know how to do, but wouldn’t you think if I were and he didn’t take it back via email that I would just say ok whatever I’ll be happy with the bracelet and “magically pull out the links I swapped” and move on with my life?

Why would I go through all of this trouble? All for an $825 bracelet that I was going to throw on a watch worth in the mid $20’s... help me here please. I need to know how people can logically think this would make sense.

This whole situation is puzzling. The images of the bracelet listed are of one in very good condition. The one you allegedly received has a different amount of links and they are severely scalloped (worn with pins showing). The bracelet is no doubt used and abused. This is a he said-he said situation. I feel bad for the both of you, there is likely no happy resolution here. My advice to you Sir would be to only purchase items like this from sellers within the USA, as yourself reside and to only use Paypal as to protect yourself and your finances in future transactions. Cheers.
Closed Thread