The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 March 2018, 12:50 PM   #1
SloRolexfan
"TRF" Member

116520 Chronograph issue

Longtime lurker first time poster.....

I have a D serial 116520 white face daytona.

Chronograph has a strange issue.

See linked youtube video, n *EDIT *forum will not let me post a link SO, if you go to youtube and seach Rolex Daytona Cosmograph running issue you can see the video............. the user name is MASTER in youtube FYI.

if you skip along to where the minute hand is around 10-20 min you will notice the hour hand slowly moves to the "30 minute mark" where it is in between the 12 and 1 hour marks BEFORE it reaches 30 minutes.

I use this watch occasionally at the go kart track for lap times and this is driving me crazy. I already sent it back to the shop that i bought it from and they told me it was ok. I really want to get this fixed. Any ideas of what could be going on?

the watch did not do this when i first bought it. It started about 2 months ago along with the power reserve dropping to only about 12 hours. I sent it back to the shop that i bought it from and they opened it up and couldnt find anything wrong. they did fix the power reserve issue however

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!
SloRolexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 02:09 AM   #2
Jidonsu
"TRF" Member

Was it an AD or just some random watch shop that you purchased it from? It sounds like it just needs a full service, especially if it's a D serial.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 | Rolex 114060 | Rolex 116710BLNR | Tudor Black Bay GMT | Tudor Pelagos Blue | IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince |
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 03:36 AM   #3
SloRolexfan
"TRF" Member

it was purchased from a jewelry shop that specializes in watches...... not an AD.

Supposedly it has recently had a full service. I purchased the watch in July of 17 and it was serviced prior to my purchase, i do not have proof of that however.

thanks for the reply
SloRolexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 08:26 AM   #4
MinMay
Banned

send it to an official RSC.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote