The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 November 2018, 08:00 PM   #61
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

I understand the Rolex stigma and it can be an issue in a blue collar or boardroom environment. Although i bet 99% wouldnt even notice your watch do. That said, the BLNR is blingy so it will atract more attention. I have a Bathyscape and its a great watch. So I would try to flip the BLNR for a Bathyscape plus something like a Speedmaster/Mark xviii/Black Bay. I would keep the sub for now do.
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 11:40 PM   #62
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Depends. Why are you selling? Are you uncomfortable with the recognition factor of Rolex? Stylistically the watches you mention are very different. Nothing wrong with that, And if you just don’t like the Rolex, get rid of them. I would not get two watches however just to be more under the radar unless I really loved them. Yes Rolex is ubiquitous, but this is the case because they make damm good watches that are timeless in appearance.

A couple other things to consider, while I do love the look of the big pilot, 46mm is a lot of watch and I wonder about the comfort of it. If you do unload the Rolex, wait 3-6 weeks consider it and then make the move. Time will help you sort this out.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 11:45 PM   #63
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
How about going half-way before going all-in?
Agree. Keep one of the two and add the BP, then see how you feel.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 11:58 PM   #64
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Thanks for the feedback everyone! At this point it seems like the general consensus is to wait a little before off loading the BLNR and 114060. I’ll probably swap the bracelet out from the 114060 and put it on the BLNR and put the 114060 on a rubber b (as someone mentioned earlier) I’m going to look to add the big pilot and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 11:59 PM   #65
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't make that trade. I see regret later.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 01:48 AM   #66
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I still say no. Ok I'm biased..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 02:11 AM   #67
jed11
"TRF" Member

Always get/wear what you want regardless of what others say. My opinion on this specific scenario? I would not.
Keep us updated!

jed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 02:37 AM   #68
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
I am biased to Rolex, I like it more than better swiss machines, for me is the Watch of the modern human history (in the wrist of Presidents, actors, Politicians, military, divers, advetures, researchers, scientists, musicians, professionals, merchants and of course Bond)...and you and me!!!
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2018, 05:13 AM   #69
Hands90
"TRF" Member

I'm not a fan of the Batman. I'd get rid of it.
Keep the sub.

I'd sell the Batman and buy a big Pilot. I've seen BP's pre-owned around 6.5.
I always wanted one and now that I have the money I ended up buying a sub so don't take my word on it.

Fifty Fathoms is dangerous when it comes to price. If you get someone at the right time you can get it cheap if you want it when no one is selling people ask all kinds of crazy numbers.
Hands90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 10:50 AM   #70
Avav1
"TRF" Member

keep the sub, love the ND
Avav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 10:51 AM   #71
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Sold both my BLNR and 114060 and bought a IWC big pilot 5009 and Blancpain FF Bathyscaphe?

I’ve had the BLNR for a little over a year now and I wear it occasionally, certainly not daily. It still has some stickers on it and it’s practically brand new. I’m apprehensive to get rid of it because I know it would be nearly impossible to reacquire from an AD without a prolonged wait.

Then my recent purchase my 114060. I’ve had this one for a little over a month and I’ve worn it maybe a handful of times. It’s a beautiful watch and I think it’s great. I just don’t wear it as much as I probably should. This is my second go around owning this watch and I certainly think it’s a classic.

I guess it comes back to the name. They are Rolexes and with that everyone who sees me wearing one will know that they aren’t cheap and what they are. The Big Pilot although at 46mm has a huge wrist presence won’t be recognized unless someone is familiar with the IWC brand. Same thing with the Blancpain. Both under the radar pieces that I think are also classic and would possibly get more wrist time.

yes. I wouldn't sell any rolex right now, and not two. There is a possibility this move will not spark joy.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 11:26 AM   #72
12o'clockhigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: your six
As one who awaits a BLNR, the idea of getting rid of one is a bit difficult for me to comprehend. But... since you already have one, perhaps it's not special to you.

My thought is: keep what you have and buy a lower priced under-the-radar watch. There are lots of nice ones out there that you may be able to add without losing either of yours, depending on your finances. If you MUST have a higher value watch that doesn't look the part, then your options are more limited by self-imposed criteria.
12o'clockhigh is offline   Reply With Quote