The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 January 2019, 01:04 PM   #31
Jimmy Jam Jam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bleu/Noir
amazing watch man congrats! its even better if you watched the ultraman series too i want to buy one on the basis ultraman was my childhood cartoon and the speedy history is top of my list
Jimmy Jam Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 05:22 PM   #32
yoda888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
You will love it - Congrats!

What is the model number for that bracelet? I awesome it's an original Omega one correct?

Thx
yoda888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 05:25 PM   #33
yoda888
"TRF" Member

I did watch it! But I can only vaguely remember some of it.

I like this watch because it's got subtle differences that only watch nerds would notice and appreciate. Plus the orange accents since I'm a sucker for that.

I actually can blame part of this purchase on Rolex and their mass shortage of SS watches (was suppose to get my daytona last xmas). I sold my manual moonwatch in anticipation of the daytona. Still waiting! The ultraman ticks off multiple boxes for me (except for the price! Pretty expensive for a moonwatch! Glad it is manual and a plastic crystal. I think if it was auto and sapphire I might have not bought it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jam Jam View Post
amazing watch man congrats! its even better if you watched the ultraman series too i want to buy one on the basis ultraman was my childhood cartoon and the speedy history is top of my list
Old 2 January 2019, 07:11 PM   #34
Jimmy Jam Jam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bleu/Noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda888 View Post
I did watch it! But I can only vaguely remember some of it.

I like this watch because it's got subtle differences that only watch nerds would notice and appreciate. Plus the orange accents since I'm a sucker for that.

I actually can blame part of this purchase on Rolex and their mass shortage of SS watches (was suppose to get my daytona last xmas). I sold my manual moonwatch in anticipation of the daytona. Still waiting! The ultraman ticks off multiple boxes for me (except for the price! Pretty expensive for a moonwatch! Glad it is manual and a plastic crystal. I think if it was auto and sapphire I might have not bought it.)
Mate, that orange is a killer too, the ultraman head at the 9 o'clock sub dial and also the first 3 minutes in red representing the 3 minutes ultraman has to fight in his form ! just those 3 ticks it off

beautiful purchase man !
Jimmy Jam Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 10:05 PM   #35
snipermaverick
"TRF" Member

Congrats! It's a great watch!
snipermaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2019, 12:53 AM   #36
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda888 View Post
What is the model number for that bracelet? I awesome it's an original Omega one correct?

Thx
Fred,
I got this. The current generation moonwatch bracelet is: 020STZ004193
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2019, 02:20 AM   #37
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Fred,
I got this. The current generation moonwatch bracelet is: 020STZ004193

Thanks bud
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 01:11 AM   #38
zengineer
"TRF" Member

I think the wildcard that makes it hard to predict the future of these watches is that Omega will probably release about 17 more limited edition Speedmasters of some sort in the next 24 months and they all seem to be right around double the price of a standard Speedmaster. The market could be a little flooded at some point if it isn't already. They are affordable but a little pricey to collect more than a few. The flippers and enthusiasts will move on to whatever comes next.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 01:47 AM   #39
speedy_master1
"TRF" Member

Watch: can't decide.
I love mine
speedy_master1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 09:24 AM   #40
yoda888
"TRF" Member

+500000000

Classic omega, 50 versions of the moonwatch at any given time. I find it annoying as it seems they're diluting the brand.

None of these limited editions will be worth much for another 25+ years. Essentially you need these pieces to start getting destroyed/lost over time.

No money to be made here. Just don't depreciate please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
I think the wildcard that makes it hard to predict the future of these watches is that Omega will probably release about 17 more limited edition Speedmasters of some sort in the next 24 months and they all seem to be right around double the price of a standard Speedmaster. The market could be a little flooded at some point if it isn't already. They are affordable but a little pricey to collect more than a few. The flippers and enthusiasts will move on to whatever comes next.
Old 7 January 2019, 10:25 AM   #41
HOROLOGY HOUSE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Too many reserved that didn’t want to own, pity really
This.
Lots seen the previous versions and jumped on the potential opportunity. Sad really, but it is what it is, and now those who were hoping to get one originally, will end up with a great watch at a good price.
HOROLOGY HOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 07:50 AM   #42
ericisback
Banned

I’m looking at purchasing one of the originals from 1967. The seller is in Australia. The difficult part of buying this watch, is that they are nearly impossible to document. Also, the seller, is selling the watch on consignment, and I can’t get a straight answer from them, on even the sale price. When I contacted them, and asked the sale price, he asked me “what I wanted to pay”?!?

I do like the story and appearance of the original watch, and would like to purchase one, but the ridiculousness of going through the motions of trying to run one down, it’s discouraging.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding how to go about purchasing a watch like this, or knows where there is a verified, documented, example of this watch?
ericisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 02:52 AM   #43
yoda888
"TRF" Member

Just realized I never posted a picture.

Here it is with an 1179 bracelet as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4278.JPG (112.3 KB, 83 views)
Old 23 March 2019, 08:28 AM   #44
Lord Hectic
Banned

Watch: Pepsi
I like the the Ultraman, but i must say the Speedy Tuesday just does it for me, still one of my all time favourite Omegas.
Lord Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote