The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Estimate wait times (roughly)
Already have my SS BLRO or within 2018 (1 year) 67 33.84%
2019 - 2 years 49 24.75%
2020 to 2022 - 3 to 5 years 36 18.18%
2023 and beyond - more than 5 years 46 23.23%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 December 2018, 01:25 PM   #31
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Interesting that the results of the poll (so far) show that the majority already have their BLRO
Old 17 December 2018, 02:43 PM   #32
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
One AD told me 70 people were on the list. Another AD told me they aren’t taking names because when one comes in, it arrives at the home office (AD of three), the manager calls each branch and asks who it would go to. They pull the purchase history and decide which of the three ADs customer will get it.
I got mine in August from none of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10klakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 08:40 PM   #33
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
I was told at least two years waiting back in March, possibly three. They're getting two to three BLROs per quarter so about twelve a year. I have around thirty people before me. So 2019 if I'm lucky or 2020 otherwise.

The thing is I'm not sure I still want it though. I won't know for sure till the day I see it.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 08:43 PM   #34
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Guys, Chinese economy is weak now and will worsen in next year. The demand for Rolex would likely dip. I believe the waiting time may be shorter than you expect, except for the Daytona.

Homo Sapien X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 08:44 PM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homo Sapien X View Post
Guys, Chinese economy is weak now and will worsen in next year. The demand for Rolex would likely dip. I believe the waiting time may be shorter than you expect, except for the Daytona.

economies are so interconnected i really dont think you can say one economy will worsen in isolation. China dips, so does the US and Europe. Then that also means less disposable income for watch buying so it may be more available in that situation but people also won't be in such a rush to buy either.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 09:03 PM   #36
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
economies are so interconnected i really dont think you can say one economy will worsen in isolation. China dips, so does the US and Europe. Then that also means less disposable income for watch buying so it may be more available in that situation but people also won't be in such a rush to buy either.

Yes indeed. This US and China trade war is giving a fatal blow to the Asian market now. It may just affect the entire market globally. I hope to stay prudent for awhile.

Old 17 December 2018, 09:14 PM   #37
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Forget about the wait list myth. There are many backdoor or private sales.

Old 17 December 2018, 09:52 PM   #38
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I stopped by an AD yesterday and they told me there are more request for Pepsi’s than DayC’s. Wow

I am utterly surprised since the feedback originally was i hate the jubilee and its colors look weird.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 09:55 PM   #39
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I stopped by an AD yesterday and they told me there are more request for Pepsi’s than DayC’s. Wow

I am utterly surprised since the feedback originally was i hate the jubilee and its colors look weird.
i prefer the BLRO personally but its new. I suspect the daytona will return back to normal as the most requested watch (if it hasn't already) soon.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 09:59 PM   #40
Jojoshop
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Picked up my WG BLRO blue dial last week. I asked what if I’m interested in the SS Pepsi. They received 2 so far and the waiting list is just ridiculous. He however said he will keep me in mind. I did express my interest in the ever rose yachmaster, it has been sitting there for quite sometime. I think there was a hint we could work a deal on the SS blro or do best effort
Remain to be seen
Jojoshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 10:03 PM   #41
Jojoshop
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Sorrrt for double post
BLRO is sold at ~$5k or plus premium. That is how much the waiting list is worth. If you combine your purchase another watch with that much net earning for the AD It will certainly make a case to short cut the whole waiting game.
Jojoshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 10:11 PM   #42
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Without a great relationship I would plan for 2 years and hope for 1.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 03:37 AM   #43
Spdaddictry
"TRF" Member

I waited less than 2 weeks for my BLRO, but it was bundled with the purchase of a DD40.
Spdaddictry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 04:03 AM   #44
LondonLukeM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116508 YG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdaddictry View Post
I waited less than 2 weeks for my BLRO, but it was bundled with the purchase of a DD40.
Sounds exactly the same as my situation, as usual money talks! Someone willing to spend money has more of a chance with an AD than a loyal customer unfortunately.
LondonLukeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 04:19 AM   #45
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
Interesting that the results of the poll (so far) show that the majority already have their BLRO
Those are the folks that paid to play
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 05:10 AM   #46
Spdaddictry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLukeM View Post
Sounds exactly the same as my situation, as usual money talks! Someone willing to spend money has more of a chance with an AD than a loyal customer unfortunately.
We have a long standing history with this AD, so we fell under the loyal customer category.
Old 18 December 2018, 03:17 PM   #47
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

seems like a 1/3 of TRF community (at least those who participated in the poll) have received or expected to receive their BLRO by year's end.

I'm hoping and crossing fingers for mine by end of the year, i hope ;-)
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2018, 06:27 AM   #48
Spdaddictry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
seems like a 1/3 of TRF community (at least those who participated in the poll) have received or expected to receive their BLRO by year's end.

I'm hoping and crossing fingers for mine by end of the year, i hope ;-)
Fingers crossed for you!
Old 19 December 2018, 08:31 AM   #49
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu_watch View Post
At least he gave you a number. Ones I have talked to basically shrugged shoulders, shook heads - I took it as a Waitlist Perpetual.
Waitlist Perpetual - that was good
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2018, 08:36 AM   #50
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLukeM View Post
I went into my local AD yesterday to purchase a Christmas present for my fiancee (an oyster perpetual 114200 Olive Green dial). She has never shared my interest in watches but on a previous shopping trip she commented that she liked this model as it was unerstated.
Whilst I was inspecting the watch and sorting the payment the manager noticed my YG 116508 Green dial Daytona on my wrist and we got to chatting and I mentioned that I was a keen Rolex enthusiast and that I owned several 'hard to get' models such as the 116610LV and the 116710 BLNR.
He asked what I had my eye on next and I casually expressed an interest in a DD40 in rose gold. After another 10 minutes of discussion he then asked if I would be interested in purchasing the DD40 this week and after further discussion/negotiation he said that if I was interested he could sell me a 126710 BLRO(Pepsi) as long as I took the DD40!
Suffice to say I will be concluding the purchase later this week!
I have no history with this AD and I only went there as I had seen the oyster perpetual for my fiancee in the window, I think it was a case of right time/right place. It also goes to show that wait lists are somewhat of a joke! These AD's just want to make as many sales as possible and if you are in a position to buy more than one watch you are a dream customer for them!
I have now blown my whole 2019 watch budget in one hit though lol!
I just wanted to share my experience and ask if anyone else had come across any similar circumstances.
Thanks people!

(New to the forum but i shall post pics once I have collected and worked out how to do that lol!)
Congratulations! Sounds like you have some great pieces. I'm a huge fan of the yellow gold Daytona with green dial.

While I'm not a huge fan of the bundled purchase sales technique, as others have said at least they were both watches you wanted. Did they at least give you a discount on the DD40? Or did you have to purchase at full price?
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2018, 04:11 PM   #51
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Melkanian View Post
I asked my AD and he said all the BLROs he received (except for 4) were sold backdoor to grey dealers along with some other stainless steel models and harder to move pieces, which is why it is tough to cater to my and other people's needs.
I don’t know how many AD’s there are in Armenia Jean but there may be one less soon.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 03:52 AM   #52
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just wanted to get sense as to the estimate wait times of the new SS BLRO/Pepsi at ADs only

I know "lists" are sort of fiction but based on whatever make believe or real list that you are on: what have you been told or what is your calculation as to the estimate wait time for the SS BLRO from an ADs

(not grey dealers because that will be next day!)

9 months for me :)

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 03:55 AM   #53
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
9 months for me :)
Oh, so this thread was simply a humble brag?
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 03:56 AM   #54
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Contacted my AD the day of the announcement. I’m patiently waiting and hoping for a call before Christmas.
Good things come to those who patiently wait...
mk2jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 05:07 AM   #55
sawhornsoff
2024 Pledge Member

7 months for me.
sawhornsoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 06:07 AM   #56
drthornton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SD43
Was in AD before Christmas looking at Rolex and discussing what my next piece would be. From a previous conversation my Sales Lady asked if I wanted to see a Pepsi. My first thought was she had a Pepsi and was going to offer it to me but when she returned is was just the watch....the owner's. It was sized way too small to actually try on but I did check it out. We discussed availability and she said they had only gotten 2 and said it was looking like only 1 maybe 2 a year. She also said they already had 7 on the list. She also commented they get a bunch more Daytona than Pepsi by a long shot.
drthornton is offline   Reply With Quote