The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 September 2020, 10:38 PM   #61
GS93108
"TRF" Member

As with most things AP, then the relationship matters. For sure unique pieces aren't just $$ based, there's a second currency which is trust/relationship based. Conkers/Horoloupe have earned that status, but that doesn't mean it's out of reach for others. Conkers' unique ROO is pretty darn cool, more so because of the time and effort he himself put into the detail. His isn't just an existing ROO, its truly unique to him and his design. That's uber cool to be able to do.
Aspirational but not unachievable.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:40 PM   #62
GS93108
"TRF" Member

I'm a 'blue' focused person so I love that concept in blue, but they've always been really BIG on me, they just don't fit me. Its funny because I see threads on here about people with tiny wrists that can't wear a 41mm ROC and have to buy 37/38mm etc, but I fall into that category with the concepts. To be honest I only just manage a ROO. BIG watches for sure.
Old 21 September 2020, 10:53 PM   #63
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
As with most things AP, then the relationship matters. For sure unique pieces aren't just $$ based, there's a second currency which is trust/relationship based. Conkers/Horoloupe have earned that status, but that doesn't mean it's out of reach for others. Conkers' unique ROO is pretty darn cool, more so because of the time and effort he himself put into the detail. His isn't just an existing ROO, its truly unique to him and his design. That's uber cool to be able to do.
Aspirational but not unachievable.
Thanks G appreciate the comments.
Old 22 September 2020, 04:23 AM   #64
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I uh.... think it’s $$$$$$$$ not $$$. Then it’s all possible. Or at least I hope so! Lol.
thanks for clarifying now it all makes sense :)
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 04:26 AM   #65
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm a 'blue' focused person so I love that concept in blue, but they've always been really BIG on me, they just don't fit me. Its funny because I see threads on here about people with tiny wrists that can't wear a 41mm ROC and have to buy 37/38mm etc, but I fall into that category with the concepts. To be honest I only just manage a ROO. BIG watches for sure.
there is is always something, at first I was frustrated because smaller dress watches especially from PP look like I stole m wife's watch on me. Then I tried AP ROO and now I am a big fan.

I feel your pain though, I would have the wrist (8 inches) for the concept but sadly not the bank account - truly love the blue one more and more. I have been staring at the video on IG all weekend :)
Old 22 September 2020, 04:33 AM   #66
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
After thinkijng further, the SP probably thought I was talking about the concept chrono which is around thre quoted 340k, even though I said the new concept GMTs. Could be possible they didn't even know about it yet, which is still pathetic. Either way, just a nightmare customer experience. In contrast, have had just the opposite experiences the boutiques in London and Paris. Very knowledgeable and loved to just chat and even bring some gems out form the back, even though they weren't "available".
probably but the black GMT has been out for a little already - plenty on Chrono24 and even incomings were posted here.

Unfortunately, I just had the same experience at Neiman Marcus (luxury retailer here in the US) - can't believe the people that want to sell me 5k suits from Tom Ford - ridiculous.
Old 22 September 2020, 05:21 AM   #67
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
probably but the black GMT has been out for a little already - plenty on Chrono24 and even incomings were posted here.

Unfortunately, I just had the same experience at Neiman Marcus (luxury retailer here in the US) - can't believe the people that want to sell me 5k suits from Tom Ford - ridiculous.
Ultimately it's AP's fault for allowing their SP to be so uninformed and uninspired. I'd think a rigorous interview process would be required as well as a solid system of updating them with the most current information. Their boutique personnel should absolutely know at least as much as is available to the public, if not more. Given the polarizing contrasts between some boutiques, it seems some are truly part of the brand and enthusiasts, while others just employees there to punch the clock and get back home.

On a side note, Is it just me or do others also wonder why the concept pictures on the AP website are all computer generated? I could understand this pre production but seeing them being handled and live pics on social media, there's really no excuse for this as they don't even come close to showing how they appear in real life. For instance, the GMT's blue color looks exponecially more vibrant in live pictures vs their subdued website render.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 05:47 AM   #68
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
On a side note, Is it just me or do others also wonder why the concept pictures on the AP website are all computer generated? I could understand this pre production but seeing them being handled and live pics on social media, there's really no excuse for this as they don't even come close to showing how they appear in real life. For instance, the GMT's blue color looks exponecially more vibrant in live pictures vs their subdued website render.
I've made this point to AP many times. The renders do nothing to represent the watches in their best light, indeed I've seen watches in person that I'd never bother with based on the renders.
Old 22 September 2020, 07:15 AM   #69
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've made this point to AP many times. The renders do nothing to represent the watches in their best light, indeed I've seen watches in person that I'd never bother with based on the renders.
I mean why do the concepts get this "special" treatment? If anything, these flagship models should be getting top notch photos and video since most can almost never view them in person. Very strange.
Old 22 September 2020, 07:24 AM   #70
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I mean why do the concepts get this "special" treatment? If anything, these flagship models should be getting top notch photos and video since most can almost never view them in person. Very strange.
It's not just the concepts, the whole site uses renders, but perhaps it's more apparent with the concepts.
Old 22 September 2020, 08:58 AM   #71
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's not just the concepts, the whole site uses renders, but perhaps it's more apparent with the concepts.
Wow, your correct, never realized that. I guess I've never wanted to examine one closely like the concepts and when I did on the ceramics, you get a wonderful video. They should all at least get that treatment.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.1225CE.01/
Old 22 September 2020, 10:02 AM   #72
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ultimately it's AP's fault for allowing their SP to be so uninformed and uninspired. I'd think a rigorous interview process would be required as well as a solid system of updating them with the most current information. Their boutique personnel should absolutely know at least as much as is available to the public, if not more. Given the polarizing contrasts between some boutiques, it seems some are truly part of the brand and enthusiasts, while others just employees there to punch the clock and get back home.

I just think there are not enough people out there that know the brand and are professional but also are willing to work as a SP - I am assuming they don't make that much money but I could be wrong. I think that is the problem with SP everywhere that most truly don't care - of course a company like AP should do their part to educate but I truly think the right people are just not out there for them to hire.
Old 22 September 2020, 02:03 PM   #73
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I think there are two sides to this coin. Whilst I agree that a disinterested and uninformed sales person is not as rare as it should be, I also think they have a lot of rubbish with which to deal. The number of times I have witnessed them being shouted at, on the end of rudeness, aggressiveness, personal barbs from customers who don’t like the answer they are getting or can’t get the allocation they want etc. is shocking. It is not really their fault and yet frequently they bear the brunt of the customer’s anger. I am not suggesting for one moment that all customers are like this but you can be sure obnoxious customers are a pretty common occurrence.
Old 22 September 2020, 02:28 PM   #74
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I think there are two sides to this coin. Whilst I agree that a disinterested and uninformed sales person is not as rare as it should be, I also think they have a lot of rubbish with which to deal. The number of times I have witnessed them being shouted at, on the end of rudeness, aggressiveness, personal barbs from customers who don’t like the answer they are getting or can’t get the allocation they want etc. is shocking. It is not really their fault and yet frequently they bear the brunt of the customer’s anger. I am not suggesting for one moment that all customers are like this you can be sure obnoxious customers are a pretty common occurrence.
This

The life of a salesperson, or anyone in any human interaction role where someone is expecting something out of you (salesperson, customer service rep, store manager, front desk, receptionist, bartender, server, flight attendant, stripper) is rough. Most people they interact with are undesirable.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 04:03 AM   #75
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I think there are two sides to this coin. Whilst I agree that a disinterested and uninformed sales person is not as rare as it should be, I also think they have a lot of rubbish with which to deal. The number of times I have witnessed them being shouted at, on the end of rudeness, aggressiveness, personal barbs from customers who don’t like the answer they are getting or can’t get the allocation they want etc. is shocking. It is not really their fault and yet frequently they bear the brunt of the customer’s anger. I am not suggesting for one moment that all customers are like this but you can be sure obnoxious customers are a pretty common occurrence.
Agree, but I think most sales people in general deal with this, more so in top tier watches and cars where there is limited supply and a "VIP" culture, it's the nature of the job. That said, every customer should get a fresh start and not treated based on that sales person's past bad experiences. There's really no excuse for anyone getting the brush-off or deal with an uneducated or non caring sp. I have never once walked into a boutique expecting what I was looking for to be available, it's usually to possibly see and or try on something I am interested in or at the very least, get more information on it. On this visit, the boutique was empty, mid day and I was wearing my 15407 and just looking for basic info about the new GMT. As mentioned before, I have been pleasantly surprised several times at boutiques out of the country where I had great informative conversations, was able to try some great pieces on and even offered a few over the years.
Old 23 September 2020, 04:24 AM   #76
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree, but I think most sales people in general deal with this, more so in top tier watches and cars where there is limited supply and a "VIP" culture, it's the nature of the job. That said, every customer should get a fresh start and not treated based on that sales person's past bad experiences. There's really no excuse for anyone getting the brush-off or deal with an uneducated or non caring sp. I have never once walked into a boutique expecting what I was looking for to be available, it's usually to possibly see and or try on something I am interested in or at the very least, get more information on it. On this visit, the boutique was empty, mid day and I was wearing my 15407 and just looking for basic info about the new GMT. As mentioned before, I have been pleasantly surprised several times at boutiques out of the country where I had great informative conversations, was able to try some great pieces on and even offered a few over the years.
I imagine this is what distinguishes the high performing pros and veterans (at least at high end car dealerships) vs the ones that burn out early in the career. I remember buying my first high end sports car and the sales guy that was pure class was the one I wanted to give my business to. Incidentally, he was also one of the top salesmen in the dealership vs the other dealerships I walked out of because of the poor experience.

On another note, I remember meeting one of the trainers for AP north America, and though wow, this person hales the luxury sales process down pat, very smooth operator. Knows the luxury sales process vs regular retail and does a great job representing the AP brand and dealing with the most obvious problems like lack of inventory to buy today.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 04:12 PM   #77
edo
"TRF" Member

There is some new baguette perpetuals... and got info there is also rose gold green dial edition...

edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 04:19 PM   #78
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
There is some new baguette perpetuals... and got info there is also rose gold green dial edition...

I like the 1st one.. but rainbow so over the top gotta kinda love it
Old 25 September 2020, 03:10 AM   #79
Gravity
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=edo;10940360]There is some new baguette perpetuals... and got info there is also rose gold green dial edition...

Good bling piece but the stones kill it for me personally. I do think a RG w the green dial less the stones would be epic though.
Old 25 September 2020, 03:31 AM   #80
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Guess this explains where all the movements for the SS versions went!!!

Gotta be honest, the green dial daytona was a bit meh outside of the hype...but that is one sharp looking green dial PC. Much more than I would have expected if you had just described the watch to me.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 08:43 AM   #81
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:

Well this definitely solves the problem of scratching the bezel.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 08:48 PM   #82
edo
"TRF" Member

Here is live pic on Singapore concept... there is also video on their Instagram page...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFjmMPIj...d=rjkx2wu2ypa8

Old 26 September 2020, 03:38 AM   #83
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here is live pic on Singapore concept... there is also video on their Instagram page...

Good catch but no a fan of this one at all. Maybe a nice switch up if you have the black as well.
Old 26 September 2020, 04:18 AM   #84
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:

thanks for sharing but this account has the worst lighting and takes the worst pics on IG. Every watch looks terrible. I have seen other pics where this version looks stunning but this is awful. sorry.
Old 26 September 2020, 07:18 AM   #85
edo
"TRF" Member

Yes, awful photos and lighting most of the time but they are often one of the first to show very rare AP and RM models... and to me, even the worst live pics are better representative of watches than computer renders that brands use...
Old 26 September 2020, 07:31 AM   #86
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, awful photos and lighting most of the time but they are often one of the first to show very rare AP and RM models... and to me, even the worst live pics are better representative of watches than computer renders that brands use...
of course and I do appreciate you sharing this, I just always wondered why they show such great watches in such bad lighting but anyway no big deal.
Old 26 September 2020, 07:52 AM   #87
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
of course and I do appreciate you sharing this, I just always wondered why they show such great watches in such bad lighting but anyway no big deal.
I'm asking myself this question too... money he earn for sale one of these watches can cover a good photographer for a few years
Old 27 September 2020, 07:38 AM   #88
edo
"TRF" Member

Another great shot of new concept... no matter how we like it, even with the updated case it is still oversized on most wrists...

Old 27 September 2020, 06:35 PM   #89
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I love the concept range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2020, 06:26 AM   #90
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Another great shot of new concept... no matter how we like it, even with the updated case it is still oversized on most wrists...

going to stare at this pic for the rest of the day :) I have cancelled everything else - wow so beautiful, such a vibrant blue.