The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 11 April 2012, 02:52 AM   #271
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
Well, if you did, then you would know this has nothing to do with buyers remorse.

Then again, I'm not surprised at your comments... You've always disagreed with anything I posted anyway, not that I will lose sleep over it.
Forget it!!!! Good luck!
Old 11 April 2012, 03:03 AM   #272
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridor View Post
With all due respect (you know what's coming next can't be good when that introductory language is used), this has nothing to do with "back seat drivers spitting venom." Rather, it has to do with a well-respected member here being screwed by a seller lacking integrity and failing or refusing to make full disclosure in any meaningful sense. Greg, I have the utmost respect for you given all of the excellent things I've read about you. If you were the seller in this situation, I have every confidence that you would have described the watch appropriately, informed potential buyers of any missing item, and done the right thing if something went awry with the transaction; I don't think you would yell at a customer who just spent close to $7K on a watch over 2 links. That simply cannot be said of this seller, and many of us are p*ssed off about it because it could happen to any one of us. This seller, who to date appears to continue in his failure or refusal to do the right thing by sending the 2 links, free of charge or at all, deserves to be excoriated given his unacceptable conduct. This is not a buyers versus sellers thing ... it's a matter of holding people accountable for being, at a minimum, misleading.
Yes and no.

I totally agree with the masses that the seller acted unprofessionally post-sale. I would never yell at someone who just placed their trust (not to mention hard earned money) in me and my company. Would do whatever is in my power to make it right, even at my expense. Or, if all else fails, take the watch back and give a full refund, no restocking fee.

What I disagree with, is that the watch was misrepresented. They did mention the wrist size it would fit - and even placed it next to a ruler (which is farther than I go).

All I know is this: the sellers in question has been in business for a long time and are in general good guys. No one is scamming anyone here, it was just a personality clash (the phone call specifically) and a misunderstanding. I can think of many much worse offenders, those who actually intended to cheat and defraud, that received less attention from the masses here. It just seems like many here itch for drama...

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 11 April 2012, 03:04 AM   #273
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look, I am NOT the kind of guy to want something for nothing. I have bought several watches from Edward Arthur, theken, lawrenceb, alex collector, 1966-oyster, prismresearch, outtatime, just to name a few. Ask ANY of them if I asked for more after the sale. On the contrary, ask 1966-oyster and outtatime, the last two guys I bought from, how that transaction proceeded AFTER I bought and received the watch they sold me. (Jon, Kevin, go ahead and tell them). The Tudor I got from Jon only had 2 removable links. Should it have come with more? I don't know. Do I care? NO! I got what I thought was such a great deal on a watch that looks brand new that it doesn't matter to me! Similarly, the 43 year old Air-King I got from Kevin looks brand new and I feel I got a great deal from him as well. It originally came with an Oyster bracelet but he sold it to me with a strap. Do I care that I didn't get the Oyster with it? NO! Because I got what I thought was a good deal on it. I think $6600 for a Rootbeer GMT is a little pricey, even if it came with all the links, but when it's missing 2 links, then it's overpriced. I'm NOT looking for handouts. I just want what I think is fair, and Jake is just playing with semantics, both on his website and his explanation here.
So it's over priced because it's missing 2 links???? I think it's overpriced regardless of the 2 links... Enjoy the watch..the most important thing is that u love the watch... I'm sorry... But I have never seen someone react like this over 2 links.... If there was something wrong with the watch THEN I'm with u a 100 percent!!!! But obviously that's not the case!!!
Old 11 April 2012, 03:36 AM   #274
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Yes and no.

I totally agree with the masses that the seller acted unprofessionally post-sale. I would never yell at someone who just placed their trust (not to mention hard earned money) in me and my company. Would do whatever is in my power to make it right, even at my expense. Or, if all else fails, take the watch back and give a full refund, no restocking fee.

What I disagree with, is that the watch was misrepresented. They did mention the wrist size it would fit - and even placed it next to a ruler (which is farther than I go).

All I know is this: the sellers in question has been in business for a long time and are in general good guys. No one is scamming anyone here, it was just a personality clash (the phone call specifically) and a misunderstanding. I can think of many much worse offenders, those who actually intended to cheat and defraud, that received less attention from the masses here. It just seems like many here itch for drama...
Guess we will have to agree to disagree, at least with respect to any misrepresentation.
Old 11 April 2012, 03:42 AM   #275
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Just spoke with the sellers, and it appears that insults were tossed both ways during that phone call. I'd still venture to say that a simple personality clash is to blame for the end result.

Mark-o, I found a hollow TT link I can send you, PM me your addy.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 11 April 2012, 03:51 AM   #276
Paladin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks Greg. I bought it from Boris, whom I had no problem with, but the guy I talked to today just said he was the co-owner and nothing more, so I don't know his name. Strong accent though, but I think they all do.
Such a deal!

I personally stay clear of guys like this for exactly the reasons you have discovered. The phrase "business ethics" is an oxymoron to this "crowd". Sorry you had to learn the hard way... Buying anything on line, not just eBay, you MUST buy the seller!
Old 11 April 2012, 03:58 AM   #277
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
Quote:

Wow is an understatement.

Greg, I don't know you, but I may already know of your character.
Old 11 April 2012, 04:02 AM   #278
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Just spoke with the sellers, and it appears that insults were tossed both ways during that phone call. I'd still venture to say that a simple personality clash is to blame for the end result.

Greg, let's just say I got a little upset when he started yelling at me, and did use an explitive to vent my feelings. I never insulted him, and as I recall, I don't think he insulted me either.
Irregardless, as we all know, YOU'RE a class act. I don't expect handouts either, so please let me know what I owe you for the link. Thank you!
Old 11 April 2012, 04:03 AM   #279
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This speaks volumes. Greg comes through when the original seller, with whom he has just spoken about the situation, still refuses to do anything. Kudos to Greg ... that's the kind of customer service and follow through which Mark should have gotten in the first instance ... and Mark isn't even Greg's customer ... yet.
Old 11 April 2012, 04:05 AM   #280
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridor View Post
This speaks volumes. Greg comes through when the original seller, with whom he has spoken about the situation, still refuses to do anything. Kudos to Greg ... that's the kind of customer service and follow through which Mark should have gotten in the first instance ... and Mark isn't even Greg's customer ... yet.
Oh, believe me, I look at Greg's posts all the time to see if he has something I want, and the times he has, it sells before I get the chance!
Old 11 April 2012, 04:31 AM   #281
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Agreed Greg!! You've brokered the peace and provided the service and class of a quality seller, despite not having made a cent!
Old 11 April 2012, 05:32 AM   #282
ess45
"TRF" Member

to SwissWatchExpo.
Old 11 April 2012, 05:51 AM   #283
Paladin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes and no.

Most sellers here and over on VRF seem to have enough knowledge about the watches they sell to know how many links a Rolex bracelet on a particular reference is supposed to have and disclose missing links as SOP. Given the credentials the seller claims to have with the Rolex product I don't think that disclosing the number of missing links should be difficult.

The sellers restocking fee in all fairness, is not unreasonable. According to the sellers website a 3% restocking fee is applied ONLY to those purchases made with a credit card.

All credit card purchases (website and phone orders) are subject to a 3% restocking fee, items purchased using cash, Paypal, or bank wire/transfer are excluded.

Since credit card processors do not refund their 3% processing fee to a merchant refunding a customer, this should be looked at as the cost to a consumer for its convenience and protections of a credit card. The merchant should not be expected to suffer financial harm on a consumers whim.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:10 AM   #284
Lmbeauleap
"TRF" Member

Watch: Franken
I thought this was a good thread. Very informative despite the temperature sometimes. That's to be expected I guess. Thanks to the moderators for letting it run its course.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:13 AM   #285
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
I still don't understand some people expecting sellers to state both what is included and NOT included.

When you are buying a car, a window sticker doesn't stay "AC, Power Locks, Windows, Doors but NOT XM, Sunroof and NAV".

Common sense just ain't that common.

There isn't a single watch FS on the net that tells you "x,y and z are missing from the package".

It's apparent some of you never sold lemonade growing up. "Selling lemonade, but not Coke".
Old 11 April 2012, 06:22 AM   #286
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsfull View Post
Wow is an understatement.

Greg, I don't know you, but I may already know of your character.
As many of us here do. There's a few sellers here I'd buy from without hesitstion, and Mosco is one.

Old 11 April 2012, 06:30 AM   #287
floater156
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow class act, I'm proud to be a member of TRF family after seeing Greg's response.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:40 AM   #288
mbuckley
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II
Greg is one cool character

"Just spoke with the sellers, and it appears that insults were tossed both ways during that phone call. I'd still venture to say that a simple personality clash is to blame for the end result.

Mark-o, I found a hollow TT link I can send you, PM me your addy."

What a nice man!
Old 11 April 2012, 06:52 AM   #289
brian8121
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5960p+6262
That's an amazing gesture, Greg. Cheers!
Old 11 April 2012, 06:52 AM   #290
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirotti View Post
I still don't understand some people expecting sellers to state both what is included and NOT included.

When you are buying a car, a window sticker doesn't stay "AC, Power Locks, Windows, Doors but NOT XM, Sunroof and NAV".

Common sense just ain't that common.

There isn't a single watch FS on the net that tells you "x,y and z are missing from the package".

It's apparent some of you never sold lemonade growing up. "Selling lemonade, but not Coke".
Whatever.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:57 AM   #291
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whatever.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:58 AM   #292
2th Dr
Banned

Just biting my lip, and being the bigger man, and dropping this. Why don't you do the same already Jason.
Old 11 April 2012, 07:08 AM   #293
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
Quote:
Do you have a vendetta or something? You've taken an awfully personal interest in this thread.

Old 11 April 2012, 07:22 AM   #294
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Let's be clear that people can see two sides of the story.

You don't need to hit anyone over the over with analogies.

As usual, Greg comes through.

Notice how calm and collected he is with his contribution.

300 posts and counting. I'm getting fed up with this one.
Old 11 April 2012, 07:30 AM   #295
Tridor
"TRF" Member

I say we keep the thread going as a public service or make it a sticky.
Old 11 April 2012, 07:34 AM   #296
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Let's be clear that people can see two sides of the story.

You don't need to hit anyone over the over with analogies.

As usual, Greg comes through.

Notice how calm and collected he is with his contribution.

300 posts and counting. I'm getting fed up with this one.
Agree and agree!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 11 April 2012, 07:43 AM   #297
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelain View Post
Do you have a vendetta or something? You've taken an awfully personal interest in this thread.
Funny how I am only one you thinks has a "personal interest". What about the other 3 or 4 members who have responded in kind?
Closed Thread