The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 31 March 2024, 03:50 AM   #1
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

Icon2 FPJ Elegante Dial Change & Pricing

noticed the 48mm the white dial with blue lume is now only available on the titanium version and the titalyt is only available in black dial with green lume.

when did this update occur and does anyone know current msrp for both models?

thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1111.jpg (65.8 KB, 242 views)
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:00 AM   #2
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Unless they fix the glitch on many of the watches (stops running and won't start no matter how hard you shake it) it's a strong pass for me. I sold mine within 6 months. Is also feels flimsy on the wrist. Otherwise, Love the brand !

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 05:06 AM   #3
jw0n
"TRF" Member

Iirc the change happened in early 2023. And I believe the new rrp sits around @20k USD. Both titanium and titalyt have always had the same retail price.

Mine hasn't told the wrong time since 2018 :-)

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 05:29 AM   #4
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
I bought mine in late 2023 and I paid a bit over 30k CAD. It was the Titalyt with black dial, no issues and love mine, it’s an amazing piece of technology and very lightweight and slim on the wrist.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 05:39 AM   #5
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Nice to hear good reports about the reference. Lots of contrary experiences, like mine, fill the blogs, but truly happy for the folks enjoying theirs.

Old 31 March 2024, 05:57 AM   #6
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Would love to get my hands on one of these but somehow Northern California doesn’t have any journe and I doubt they would sell to me anyway
Old 31 March 2024, 06:07 AM   #7
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfury View Post
Would love to get my hands on one of these but somehow Northern California doesn’t have any journe and I doubt they would sell to me anyway

It is only a one hour flight

The LA Boutique has quite a few NorCal collectors too. I do day trips every once in a while to visit. The staff is friendly and most of the time you can meet up with other collectors with some amazing pieces.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 06:11 AM   #8
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

$20k now? wow talk about price hikes, last i remember it was $15k not too long ago and iirc $10k at initial launch.

the black dial with green lume doesn't seem as bright as the original; hopefully they offer the white dial again on titalyt as i think its a better look with the blue hands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2222.jpg (99.6 KB, 214 views)
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 06:12 AM   #9
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
$20k now? wow talk about price hikes, last i remember it was $15k not too long ago.

the black dial with green lume doesn't seem as bright as the original, hopefully they offer the white dial back again on titalyt as i think its a better look.
not really a crazy price hike considering how much msrps went up on most watches but not like the hike matters when you can't get one anyway lol
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 06:16 AM   #10
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
not really a crazy price hike considering how much msrps went up on most watches but not like the hike matters when you can't get one anyway lol

This year’s price increase is only to account for CHF exchange rate. The price in CHF is the same.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 08:09 AM   #11
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
Unless they fix the glitch on many of the watches (stops running and won't start no matter how hard you shake it) it's a strong pass for me. I sold mine within 6 months. Is also feels flimsy on the wrist. Otherwise, Love the brand !

Mine is 2021 .. I have no problem whatsoever .. thank god
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 08:54 AM   #12
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
Mine is 2021 .. I have no problem whatsoever .. thank god
Great to hear. I was really upset about mine and the wait to fix it was going to be 9 months or more. Other folks had the problem recur after the watch was fixed as well. So frustrating. Traded it for a new pp5524g and haven't looked back. Glad you're enjoying it. ! It did keep great time until.... )

Old 1 April 2024, 03:23 AM   #13
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:

I own an elegante and wear it often, I’ve never had this issue. Must be fixed. Did you ever sent to the manufacture for them to assess the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 03:25 AM   #14
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Retail was around 18700 on the new black version. It’s the same price for both versions.

Old 1 April 2024, 03:40 AM   #15
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
I own an elegante and wear it often, I’ve never had this issue. Must be fixed. Did you ever sent to the manufacture for them to assess the issue?

Oh yes I did. Got it new from an AD who warned me that they had 2 clients going through this problem of the watch stopping and not restarting...I went through with the purchase and 6 mos later, after it was working perfectly, it just randomly v stopped and that was it. My AD sent it back (under warranty) and was told it was going to be 9 months (approx).. that's when I made the trade for a new pp5524g (even up). It was a shame.

Old 1 April 2024, 04:16 AM   #16
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Oh yes I did. Got it new from an AD who warned me that they had 2 clients going through this problem of the watch stopping and not restarting...I went through with the purchase and 6 mos later, after it was working perfectly, it just randomly v stopped and that was it. My AD sent it back (under warranty) and was told it was going to be 9 months (approx).. that's when I made the trade for a new pp5524g (even up). It was a shame.

That’s a shame indeed. Maybe u got a lemon. My 3 year old 116500 just took a crap on me, it happens.

Old 1 April 2024, 05:10 AM   #17
notknifescience
"TRF" Member

Just as another data point...I have a 2022 elegante and have never had any issue with the waking up, although there does seem to be a certain minimum amount of movement the sensor has to turn in order to wake up the watch.
notknifescience is offline   Reply With Quote