The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2019, 03:37 AM   #1
Viper0419
"TRF" Member

Need advice on resale value of 15400

Hi guys,

I知 new to AP and has set my eyes to a white dial 15400 that I see at a reputable used watch dealer.

Can anyone tell me what is the resale value of royal oaks? I知 a Rolex guy and I知 wondering if royal oaks holds value like sports model Rolex, especially for mid to Long term.

Also, is a 2015 I series white 15400 with box and paper at $17.7k a good catch? Anything I need to look out for since it is out of warranty?

Thanks very much in advance.
Viper0419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 03:45 AM   #2
Reign
"TRF" Member

The price depends on condition but 17.7 is a good price assuming no major marks on the bezel, case or bracelet. Regarding warranty, you値l have a year left if I知 not mistaken.

On resale, given the model is discontinued and you池e buying pre owned, it should at the very least maintain its value around that price.

As always, do your DD, buy the seller before you buy the watch (record of successful sales, box, papers, etc). Good luck and welcome to the club!
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 04:09 AM   #3
Viper0419
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
The price depends on condition but 17.7 is a good price assuming no major marks on the bezel, case or bracelet. Regarding warranty, you値l have a year left if I知 not mistaken.

On resale, given the model is discontinued and you池e buying pre owned, it should at the very least maintain its value around that price.

As always, do your DD, buy the seller before you buy the watch (record of successful sales, box, papers, etc). Good luck and welcome to the club!
Nope no warranty left as under the older series it痴 only 3 years instead of 5 years.
Viper0419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 04:39 AM   #4
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Got my H series 15400 white dial NIB direct from an AD a little over 6 years ago for around $10.5k. That was fair market value back then. Was on Chrono24 today and most were asking $22k+
singe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 04:53 AM   #5
s14roller
"TRF" Member

17ish sounds like a good deal
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 01:01 PM   #6
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
17.7k is actually a really good deal. Most similar specc watches would go for 18 to 19k. I would go for it assuming everything else is in order. You definitely wont be losing any money on this deal, that's for sure
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote