The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 November 2020, 12:20 AM   #121
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
I think availability is depending on your location. I know in Canada you could still secure one with a $5k deposit as of a 10 days ago last I heard.

The biggest driving factor in a of this will be the grey prices after watches start getting delivered. If flippers see you can make a few thousand bucks getting one, they will be hounding ADs for them. If grey prices are at mrsp or slightly below people will drop off the list for them like flies. Lots of speculators out there for every thing....watches, shoes, art, cars. That's just the name of the game sadly.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Exactly - this snoopy release has seen a whole new population of contributors. If the last one wasn’t going for £30k I wonder if there would be as much interest.

There’s a lot of hyping going on - will be interesting to see who wants to pay over £8k for a speedy when push comes to shove if they dont go for a huge premium.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:44 AM   #122
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Exactly - this snoopy release has seen a whole new population of contributors. If the last one wasn’t going for £30k I wonder if there would be as much interest.

There’s a lot of hyping going on - will be interesting to see who wants to pay over £8k for a speedy when push comes to shove if they dont go for a huge premium.
Personally speaking this is the first new watch since the BLRO was released that really caught my attention. I don't really care what the values are, I want this watch in my collection and I believe other Omega and Rolex collectors feel the same.

Once Omega releases the updated Speedy with the 3861 Caliber, ceramic bezel and ups the price. The list price for the Snoopy will make a lot more sense, you can't compare the price now to the standard Speedy with old movement and technology. If a new Daytona is worth 24K in the grey market, there's no reason the new Snoopy won't be worth 12K in the grey.

nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 01:36 AM   #123
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Personally speaking this is the first new watch since the BLRO was released that really caught my attention. I don't really care what the values are, I want this watch in my collection and I believe other Omega and Rolex collectors feel the same.

Once Omega releases the updated Speedy with the 3861 Caliber, ceramic bezel and ups the price. The list price for the Snoopy will make a lot more sense, you can't compare the price now to the standard Speedy with old movement and technology. If a new Daytona is worth 24K in the grey market, there's no reason the new Snoopy won't be worth 12K in the grey.

Personally, I don’t care what the grey price is. I may end up getting one anyway to go with my Apollo 11. In comparison to the Apollo 11 at U.K. prices it’s a little expensive (£8,250 here) esp with no bracelet. Like I said, we’ll see how popular these are when it comes to the crunch, especially as there will likely be zero discounts available.

I don’t see where I compared it to the old speedy, but You may well be right re the updated speedy. I’d expect that to touch around £6k over here.

It’s certainly a good looking watch. The live pics coming out certainly look better than some of the earlier ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 November 2020, 01:37 AM   #124
troways
"TRF" Member

China OB starts to ask customer to take back their deposit because it may take YEARS for the delivery and can't guarantee the promising time frame.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-T725C 發送
troways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 01:52 AM   #125
greengold
Banned

Quote:
I think availability is depending on your location. I know in Canada you could still secure one with a $5k deposit as of a 10 days ago last I heard.

The biggest driving factor in a of this will be the grey prices after watches start getting delivered. If flippers see you can make a few thousand bucks getting one, they will be hounding ADs for them. If grey prices are at mrsp or slightly below people will drop off the list for them like flies. Lots of speculators out there for every thing....watches, shoes, art, cars. That's just the name of the game sadly.

Tim from Watchbox said "Expect to see secondary market around 2-2.5rrp $20-25k right out the gate, could it reach $30k? Yes before gradually cooling"
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 02:01 AM   #126
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Tim from Watchbox said "Expect to see secondary market around 2-2.5rrp $20-25k right out the gate, could it reach $30k? Yes before gradually cooling"
He’s probably ordered one to sell on his site
Old 8 November 2020, 02:11 AM   #127
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Personally, I don’t care what the grey price is. I may end up getting one anyway to go with my Apollo 11. In comparison to the Apollo 11 at U.K. prices it’s a little expensive (£8,250 here) esp with no bracelet. Like I said, we’ll see how popular these are when it comes to the crunch, especially as there will likely be zero discounts available.

I don’t see where I compared it to the old speedy, but You may well be right re the updated speedy. I’d expect that to touch around £6k over here.

It’s certainly a good looking watch. The live pics coming out certainly look better than some of the earlier ones.

Agree. And sorry but wasn't referring to you about the prices comparing to the base Speedy Pro. Just seeing people comparing prices to Rolex mrsp prices. Which makes Zero sense if you can't get said watches at mrsp.

As for Tim from watch box. I love his knowledge and passion for horology but he's a watch dealer first. So pumping up prices is what he does.

Old 8 November 2020, 02:46 AM   #128
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree. And sorry but wasn't referring to you about the prices comparing to the base Speedy Pro. Just seeing people comparing prices to Rolex mrsp prices. Which makes Zero sense if you can't get said watches at mrsp.

As for Tim from watch box. I love his knowledge and passion for horology but he's a watch dealer first. So pumping up prices is what he does.

Indeed. He also said that 321’s would be below mrsp in a year. We’ll see about that.

Omega are being pretty clever here IMO. Raising the prices is fine, but they’ve also improved the movement and the materials. By making this non-limited and essentially saying that everyone that wants one will get one within reason and time may get people interested and talking about omega again. Certainly the reaction to this watch shows that they are moving in the right direction.

The fact the pumping and dumping is moving to omega watches now is testament to that I think.
Old 8 November 2020, 08:40 AM   #129
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

I always wanted a Moonwatch, but the availability kind of put me off a bit. It was not the price, just the fact that you can buy it any time, means it is never a priority.

I fell in love with the 45 Silver Snoopy (I still believe that the black is cooler than the blue) but was late to the party, when I tried to get it it was over 20k. My thinking was, there are cooler watches for 20k, and now is even more.

So when I heard for the 50th anniversary, I wanted to move fast to be sure I get one. I was super happy, that the Blue one looks a lot like the Black one. The Black I like more because the lume is cooler, and is slightly lower key because of the color.

I bought the Blue, hope to get a delivery this year, but I do not consider it as a proper "Moon Watch", it is not formal enough, too much fun. So now I am thinking in the future I will go for the Cal 321 because it looks like an uber moon watch.

With regards the Snoopy, I have no idea with the resell value although a lot will speculate because of the 45th Anniversary. Cal 321 for me will be like the Lange Odysseus in steel. I think it is made in small numbers, practically allocated to people who love the brand, and are real collectors. I saw 2 Odysseus on Chrono north of 75K and was shocked, but then I realized that it is not like the Daytona or the Stainless steel Pateks, but in much lower production numbers.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 09:21 AM   #130
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosscheto View Post
I always wanted a Moonwatch, but the availability kind of put me off a bit. It was not the price, just the fact that you can buy it any time, means it is never a priority.

I fell in love with the 45 Silver Snoopy (I still believe that the black is cooler than the blue) but was late to the party, when I tried to get it it was over 20k. My thinking was, there are cooler watches for 20k, and now is even more.

So when I heard for the 50th anniversary, I wanted to move fast to be sure I get one. I was super happy, that the Blue one looks a lot like the Black one. The Black I like more because the lume is cooler, and is slightly lower key because of the color.

I bought the Blue, hope to get a delivery this year, but I do not consider it as a proper "Moon Watch", it is not formal enough, too much fun. So now I am thinking in the future I will go for the Cal 321 because it looks like an uber moon watch.

With regards the Snoopy, I have no idea with the resell value although a lot will speculate because of the 45th Anniversary. Cal 321 for me will be like the Lange Odysseus in steel. I think it is made in small numbers, practically allocated to people who love the brand, and are real collectors. I saw 2 Odysseus on Chrono north of 75K and was shocked, but then I realized that it is not like the Daytona or the Stainless steel Pateks, but in much lower production numbers.
I think history has shown though that 'fun' is what holds longevity in collectors eyes as it offers something different from the norm added to the fact it is so unique
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 09:54 AM   #131
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
I think history has shown though that 'fun' is what holds longevity in collectors eyes as it offers something different from the norm added to the fact it is so unique
Probably, but I want both tbh. I think the new Snoopy and the Cal 321 are not competing at all, and make a great set. One more formal, the other a lot of fun. I will keep the Blue Snoopy forever, I buy rarely and never sell.

The only temptation although unrealistic would be to swap it for a black Snoopy because of personal preference. But the Black would always be more expensive hence unrealistic swap.
Old 8 November 2020, 02:22 PM   #132
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It’s very interesting, from the posts it definitely does look like it’s location dependent. My guess is that Omega is allocating based on world wide revenue, so even though the interest for this specific watch may not be following the exact same world wide revenue model, Omega wants to grow the interest for their watches worldwide which makes sense to me.

So far, seems like US is one of the places with the highest demand, with the exception of Singapore and maybe parts of Asia. European countries seems like it’s the easiest to get.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 06:05 PM   #133
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
It’s very interesting, from the posts it definitely does look like it’s location dependent. My guess is that Omega is allocating based on world wide revenue, so even though the interest for this specific watch may not be following the exact same world wide revenue model, Omega wants to grow the interest for their watches worldwide which makes sense to me.

So far, seems like US is one of the places with the highest demand, with the exception of Singapore and maybe parts of Asia. European countries seems like it’s the easiest to get.
That makes sense. I guess the US has most connection with NASA etc. So makes sense demand may be higher there than in other places.
Old 9 November 2020, 09:56 AM   #134
sasuke
"TRF" Member

Stopped by Dallas OB today and they are expecting 1-2 arrival per month next year. I'm 20 something on the list fully paid for with history of purchase. It would be a year or more before it is my turn to receive :/
sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2020, 05:14 PM   #135
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke View Post
Stopped by Dallas OB today and they are expecting 1-2 arrival per month next year. I'm 20 something on the list fully paid for with history of purchase. It would be a year or more before it is my turn to receive :/
That’s a long wait...
Looks like this Snoopy will sell at PRENIUM on grey market...
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 03:27 AM   #136
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

I think this will be huge on secondary market.
For sure during the first year, when only 2000 pieces will be allocated worldwide.
Then we will move to2021-2022, we will have more pieces in the marked but the rate of production is supposed to be more or less the same.
Given Omega strategy of placing the watches with the VIPs especially at the beginning they will limit greatly the flippers, for sure during the first year of distribution.
I don't think this watch will be priced above 20K, but I bet it will have a steady premium of at least 4-5K, especially if Omega plan of production rate and distribution holds.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 07:23 AM   #137
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Supply & demand will tell us eventually what the price will be on the grays.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 09:35 PM   #138
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
This watch will be strong early and then begin to fad over time as more models hit the market. Once it is discontinued it will bounce again and then fall into a collectors find and hold.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 09:40 PM   #139
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member

No deliveries yet?
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 09:48 PM   #140
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
This watch will be strong early and then begin to fad over time as more models hit the market. Once it is discontinued it will bounce again and then fall into a collectors find and hold.

I have a feeling this will be the way it goes... again when it is in the actual hands of folks some may not like it due to colour/thickness or size/heft and move it on. Yet others will like those specific aspects. At some point I do see this rivalling Snoopy 2 in the secondary market.

alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 09:49 PM   #141
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolamilton View Post
No deliveries yet?

None that I am aware off from some of the forums and insta.

In the U.K. deliveries delayed to Dec/Jan due to national lockdown :-(

Old 11 November 2020, 01:46 AM   #142
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Is Switzerland facing a lockdown? I can see shipments being delayed even longer if Switzerland goes into lockdown.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 03:26 AM   #143
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
No lock down yet and they're fighting it. But unfortunately it's one of the hot spots in Europe. I fear it's inevitable.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/11/10...ity-over-life/
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 06:25 AM   #144
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Geneva state did put in place a lockdown mast week. However they are trying to maintain the work flow but as you can imagine it’s been slow down...
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 07:05 AM   #145
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Probably, but I want both tbh. I think the new Snoopy and the Cal 321 are not competing at all, and make a great set. One more formal, the other a lot of fun. I will keep the Blue Snoopy forever, I buy rarely and never sell.

The only temptation although unrealistic would be to swap it for a black Snoopy because of personal preference. But the Black would always be more expensive hence unrealistic swap.

Pure speculation but perhaps once snoopy3 is discontinued in a few years it will get close enough to snoopy2... may not exceed due to the whole LE vs non-LE part but close enough for you to do such a swap. Assuming omega stick to their limited production 2k/yr or so numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11 November 2020, 07:11 AM   #146
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
Geneva state did put in place a lockdown mast week. However they are trying to maintain the work flow but as you can imagine it’s been slow down...

Yup. Not ideal but in the grand scale of things another month or so of delays for many lives saved...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11 November 2020, 07:13 AM   #147
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Great Video review by Fratello Watches....

https://www.fratellowatches.com/vide...-snoopy-award/

Old 11 November 2020, 07:34 AM   #148
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

Hey guys, just watched this presentation video from Fratello, and wanted to share with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu-bThaUlZg&t=605s

With regards to Switzerland and Covid, it is complicated. As you know, we are a confederation, so there are differences in the different cantons. Geneva closed all non-essentials, but VAUD - the neighboring canton closed only bars and restaurants. So, if you need a haircut, you come to us :). On a cantonal level, the French speaking cantons have reached the limits of the hospital beds, but on a national level we have 25-30% free. So, we are moving patients from VAUD, Valais, Geneva to Bern and the German speaking cantons. I am confident in the goverment, it is a serious situation, but we are a serious country. There is tension, and the medical staff is overworked, but we will handle it, I believe.

There is one hidden fact with regards to business and lock dawn. When you have so many sick ppl, hospitalized or at home, even if you have no total lockdown, you slow down business because of limited human capacity. I think Omega manufactures in Biel/Bienne, so I have no idea if they have limited production due to lack of people.

I think trade routs are open, so once watches are produced, they will be shipped to UK/US/Asia.

With regards to mine, I got delayed from November to December, for now, but who knows, I am patient.

Stay safe, stay well.
Old 11 November 2020, 05:16 PM   #149
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey guys, just watched this presentation video from Fratello, and wanted to share with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu-bThaUlZg&t=605s

With regards to Switzerland and Covid, it is complicated. As you know, we are a confederation, so there are differences in the different cantons. Geneva closed all non-essentials, but VAUD - the neighboring canton closed only bars and restaurants. So, if you need a haircut, you come to us :). On a cantonal level, the French speaking cantons have reached the limits of the hospital beds, but on a national level we have 25-30% free. So, we are moving patients from VAUD, Valais, Geneva to Bern and the German speaking cantons. I am confident in the goverment, it is a serious situation, but we are a serious country. There is tension, and the medical staff is overworked, but we will handle it, I believe.

There is one hidden fact with regards to business and lock dawn. When you have so many sick ppl, hospitalized or at home, even if you have no total lockdown, you slow down business because of limited human capacity. I think Omega manufactures in Biel/Bienne, so I have no idea if they have limited production due to lack of people.

I think trade routs are open, so once watches are produced, they will be shipped to UK/US/Asia.

With regards to mine, I got delayed from November to December, for now, but who knows, I am patient.

Stay safe, stay well.

Thanks for the update.

When did you get your deposit in? Delay from November to December is not long...

I’m expecting to wait 6-12 months for mine. Got my deposit in around late April.

Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 08:06 PM   #150
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

I waited in the rain in front of the shop and paid in full 5 minutes after announcement. I am first on the list, but I am patient.