The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 19 November 2019, 12:11 PM   #31
martinr
"TRF" Member

Times have changed. AD’s don’t need you as much as you need them. Now it’s what have you done for me lately. It sucks but that’s the way it is now.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 01:52 PM   #32
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
That isn't true, Patek doesn't make nearly enough 5370p for that to be the case.
Actually, I wasn't referring to the 5370P. Nice watch, though.
Old 19 November 2019, 01:55 PM   #33
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I can't help but read this thread and picture the Soup Nazi in Seinfeld.
+1 for the Seinfeld reference.

Quote:
If any Joe Blow with $200k (or whatever) can walk in and buy a split second chrono, a HH piece, but you have to be vetted by the the Stern Family themselves to be eligible for an Aquanaut, that says to me that PP isn't concerned about selling pieces to the "right buyer."
I would agree, but again, I'm just asking about the general case of crossover loyalty and whether ADs honor it.

Quote:
I had history with what is likely your AD and have moved my shopping out of state where there are less whales.
My AD is also out-of-state, where I've found better results. However, if you'd like to discuss Chicago-area ADs and compare notes, feel free to PM me. I'll have a lot to say, lol
Old 19 November 2019, 02:07 PM   #34
Josh1000
Banned

There is no.longer Buyer Power. It's all in hands if AD. When certain AD's get free business classntockets and accommodation from.NT and London to Dubai I can only guess whi gets looked after first!!! It certainly isnt Joe Public. That's just human nature...so sadly the rich will get the pickings and we just hope the left ivet crumbs are nice enough for the rest of us mere.mortals!!
Josh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 02:23 PM   #35
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1000 View Post
There is no.longer Buyer Power. It's all in hands if AD. When certain AD's get free business classntockets and accommodation from.NT and London to Dubai I can only guess whi gets looked after first!!! It certainly isnt Joe Public. That's just human nature...so sadly the rich will get the pickings and we just hope the left ivet crumbs are nice enough for the rest of us mere.mortals!!
I've always swooped in after Ninja left the store. Unfortunately there is not even crumbs left, only leftover fragrance.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 05:14 PM   #36
Josh1000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I've always swooped in after Ninja left the store. Unfortunately there is not even crumbs left, only leftover fragrance.
Food crumbs possibly
Old 19 November 2019, 11:39 PM   #37
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
My AD is also out-of-state, where I've found better results. However, if you'd like to discuss Chicago-area ADs and compare notes, feel free to PM me. I'll have a lot to say, lol
I know so many folks in Chicagoland who have given up on the two ADs I know of who sell both Patek and Rolex... It will be interesting when it's no longer a seller's market.

PM sent, out of curiosity!
Old 21 November 2019, 05:42 AM   #38
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
Hello all,

I've never posted in the Patek subforum, but thought this would be the appropriate place to ask this question.

As a budding watch collector, I have developed a "relationship" with one Rolex boutique, where I've spent about ~$50K on various Rolex watches. The other day, while chatting with my AD on the phone, I asked whether my "history" applies toward purchasing Pateks in the future. He said "no, only Rolex," despite the fact that the AD (in its other locations) is an authorized Patek dealer.

Now, this could simply be explained that the salesperson doesn't sell Patek, only Rolex, because the specific location only caters to the Rolex market.

I would like to ask, though, whether working with an AD that sells both Patek and Rolex under the same roof would allow me to "double dip" with regards to purchase history, since I'm giving the same dealer business either way. I anticipate someday buying a Patek to add the final touch to my collection.

Have any Patek/Rolex collectors here used purchase history from one watch brand to apply toward the other?

Thanks in advance!

Find a new AD. If you have a relationship with your AD with any purchase history it should help when it comes to other pieces, clearly your AD is greedy.
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 09:33 AM   #39
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

That is a great question. My AD relationship is with a huge European jeweler in a small city - mostly Rolex. When I wanted to expand brands for an AP, the store director called the other boutique store running AP to make an intro and pass my loyalty brand to the. Keep in my mind it is the same larger company. While I have not gotten what I wanted, I am on the list and have been treated exceptional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 11:06 AM   #40
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1000 View Post
Food crumbs possibly
You narwhals are so silly
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 03:25 PM   #41
Josh1000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
You narwhals are so silly
Sadly I can only wish....I am.more catfish
Old 26 December 2019, 12:02 PM   #42
GJ-PGMTII
"TRF" Member

Slightly unrelated but is the Aquanaut able to take much abuse? Is it a real tool watch or just pretending? Ie needs to be pampered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GJ-PGMTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 12:14 PM   #43
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I like that in your thumbnail you take British understatement to the extreme by calling your watch: Daytona. Well played.

Quote:
I can't help but read this thread and picture the Soup Nazi in Seinfeld.

If any Joe Blow with $200k (or whatever) can walk in and buy a split second chrono, a HH piece, but you have to be vetted by the the Stern Family themselves to be eligible for an Aquanaut, that says to me that PP isn't concerned about selling pieces to the "right buyer." They are just looking to leverage their highly sought after pieces to the max.

I had history with what is likely your AD and have moved my shopping out of state where there are less whales.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorized dealers , patek , purchasing , question , rolex