The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 September 2020, 09:23 PM   #1
ScottishRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Oysterflex- size combination & wear

I recently picked up a 116519LN at my AD. This is my first oysterflex and I’m perplexed at how Rolex decided to roll out the sizing on these things.

Two questions for owners of oysterflex watches:

- What letter combination of bands do you wear / your wrist size.
- Where do you wear the watch relative to your wrist bone?

I’m currently wearing F/F on the smallest pin setting within the clasp for my 7.75” wrist. I feel like the clasp isn’t perfectly centered under my wrist and it’s driving my watch OCD a bit crazy. Thinking F on the 12 o’clock side is perfect and that I need to come down one size on the 6 o’clock side. I am wearing essentially right on my wrist bone.

Thoughts on of this looks correct?

ScottishRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 09:42 PM   #2
jc_schmidt
"TRF" Member

looks to me a little tight. Blood should flow freely even with that band, but still? Don't you get marks in your skin when you take of the watch?
jc_schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 09:46 PM   #3
ScottishRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_schmidt View Post
looks to me a little tight. Blood should flow freely even with that band, but still? Don't you get marks in your skin when you take of the watch?
It feels really comfortable and not too tight. Blood flows just fine lol.

I wore it looser and didn’t like the feel of it as the gold case moves around a bit.

I’m questioning based on lack of adjustability with this FF combo and also in terms of the clasp being off center.
Old 19 September 2020, 09:56 PM   #4
David001
Banned

If you have bracelet sizes that are the same each side then the clasp won't fit correctly on your wrist.

I don't have the Daytona but I have the rose gold YM and I wear an E/G combination on a 7.5" wrist, this puts the clasp perfectly in the centre.
David001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 10:04 PM   #5
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

If AD supplied, your dealer should have sorted this out for you, at no charge. He should choose the bands so that, with the clasp on a ‘mid’ setting, the watch is comfortable on your wrist, with the clasp centred. That’s part of his job.
It looks from the picture as if he used the wrong size band. My AD had to get different band sizes from Rolex, but it was easy to sort-out. And with the internal flanges, the watch should not move about even if fairly ‘relaxed’ in size.
It’s not your problem, it’s the duty of the store to fit this correctly for you. This watch costs a huge chunk of money, you’ve earned good service.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 10:10 PM   #6
ScottishRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
If AD supplied, your dealer should have sorted this out for you, at no charge. He should choose the bands so that, with the clasp on a ‘mid’ setting, the watch is comfortable on your wrist, with the clasp centred. That’s part of his job.
It looks from the picture as if he used the wrong size band. My AD had to get different band sizes from Rolex, but it was easy to sort-out. And with the internal flanges, the watch should not move about even if fairly ‘relaxed’ in size.
It’s not your problem, it’s the duty of the store to fit this correctly for you. This watch costs a huge chunk of money, you’ve earned good service.
Totally agree- my SA has been great. They had limited options on hand so we did what we could so I could wear the watch while he had the others on order.

Simply wondering what other combinations other wear so I have an idea personally.

The sizing on these is foreign to me.

My intent, in no way shape or form, was to throw my AD or SA under the bus. They’re getting pieces in to fit and I’m not being charged.
Old 19 September 2020, 11:51 PM   #7
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Watch: shopping
The 6 o'clock side should almost always be one size smaller than the 12 o'clock side. I have small wrists, but prrmise still applies: I wore ED and EE on my DaytonaC.

That corresponds to the number of links I wear on an oyster bracelet: 4 on 6 o'clock and 5 on 12 o'clock side.

Most wrists are larger on the "back" side, which is why you shouldn't have same size strap on both sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200919_095006.jpg (100.9 KB, 176 views)
Old 20 September 2020, 12:13 AM   #8
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
You definitely need one letter smaller on the 6 o'clock side to help center the clasp. What will probably happen then, is that you'll need one letter larger for the 12 o'clock side. I'm guessing the resulting E-G should work.

Good luck and keep us posted.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 01:09 AM   #9
ScottishRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
You definitely need one letter smaller on the 6 o'clock side to help center the clasp. What will probably happen then, is that you'll need one letter larger for the 12 o'clock side. I'm guessing the resulting E-G should work.

Thank you- this is exactly what the SA was ordering for me!
Old 20 September 2020, 01:10 AM   #10
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post

Agree here.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote