The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 March 2016, 02:06 AM   #1
beancooker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster 16623
Icon7 TopNotch Watch

So, this is a couple weeks late as I have been busy and didn't have a chance to write out exactly how pleased I was with my experience with TopNotch Watch.

As many of you have read, my wife and I decided to pick up matching Yachtmasters for our tenth wedding anniversary. We contacted the nearest AD in Seattle and another in Portland. We were looking at about $23k out the door.
My wife being frugal, started looking online. She found many for sale on eBay. I'm very skeptical when it comes to eBay as there are a lot of counterfeit Rolex on eBay.
She found TopNotch Watch's page on eBay, and then went to their website. It seemed more legit that most sites. I did a Google search for them and didn't come up with much, until I found a few threads on TRF. After reading through the threads, I realized that Scott is legit, and sells great watches. A lot of people say his prices are high. I found them to be very reasonable.
So I called Scott and explained what I was looking for. He had the ladies in stock, and in absolutely excellent condition. Within an hour he called me back and had three 40mm versions that match the ladies. I chose the one in mint condition.
Scott was willing to have some faith in me, and accepted that I am a man of my word. He had his dealer ship him the watch on my word that I would buy it, while I waited for the funds to post to my account.
The very next morning the funds were available and I made the wire transfer. Within an hour Scott had received the funds and shipped the watches Next Day Air.
When the box arrived, my wife waited for me to come home from work so we could open it together. We opened the box and our boxes were inside. The packaging was fantastic. Lots of air cushion and void fill. The watches were wrapped with stretch film inside their boxes to keep them from moving around during shipping. The time was even set correctly to my time zone.
I took the watches up to Ben Bridge (local Rolex authorized tech) and he validated their legitimacy. Serials check out etc. he laughed as I had so much paperwork, etc on the watches, he said there really wasn't a need for his authentication.
Scott was one of the nicest, most honest people I have ever met. Scott described the watches pretty much exactly as they were. He may have even undersold them, as they were in very excellent condition when they arrived. He was super easy to deal with. He answers his phone (which is rare nowadays) and when he was at work and couldn't talk, he would text back almost right away. Communication is outstanding. He sent me the tracking number for my package before it even shipped out. Every part of the transaction with TopNotch Watch and Scott was great.
I also really appreciated that he ends his conversations with "God Bless You". It's just a really nice gesture, whether you're religious or not.
I highly recommend TopNotch Watch if you are looking for a pre-owned Rolex.

Last edited by beancooker; 28 March 2016 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Spelling and grammar...
beancooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2016, 02:08 AM   #2
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2016, 02:27 AM   #3
GFONG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange / Rolex
Awesome! Congrats to both of you!
GFONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2016, 02:34 AM   #4
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Great to hear positives...and those two beauties look fantastic on you and the Mrs.

Congrats!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2016, 02:38 AM   #5
RichM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Very Nice! Congrats to the both of you.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2016, 08:56 AM   #6
SWISSAHOLICS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I have done deals with Scott in the past before I knew about TRF. He is a very nice guy and all deals were hassle free.

"The one thing I fear most is time; time waits for no one and leaves no options."
SWISSAHOLICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 09:38 AM   #7
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
Glad I found this, looking at one of his watches now. Love this forum!
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
review , topnotch , topnotch watch