The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 August 2022, 01:29 PM   #1
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Panerai and their Bronze

I'm sure the answer to this question will be "Because they can" but i was wondering if anyone has an idea why Panerai charge such a premium for their Bronze watches?

I've had a real hankering for a 968 Bronzo to add to my Radiomir and Luminor but when looking at them i cant understand why they attract such a premium at retail (I know they're "limited production")

The 968 retails for $17,000
The closest non bronze sub with the same specs is the 1305 that's almost $6,000 cheaper and has a titanium case (no ceramic bezel, though)
For $17,000, you're in Carbotec territory

Likewise, the PAM760 Radiomir (another limited production piece) is more than double the price of the Radiomir 8 days (the 2nd most expensive in the line)

When i look at brands like IWC and Zenith, their bronze pieces usually carry a $500-$1000 premium

Is there something i'm missing here or is it just a case of "they charge it cause people pay it"

If i'm being honest, I'll probably pay it regardless, so maybe it doesn't matter but it still left me wondering